Very Progressive Attitude to Drones
863 7 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Anyone in the Brisbane area or surrounds should know that the Brisbane City Council has now allocated free drone areas in 10 of its parks across the city. This is a 6 month trial and, if successful, will be extended to more parks.
What a great idea.

https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/ ... rones-council-parks
2017-12-17
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I dont know if thats progressive to be honest. It limits it to a number of parks that are scattered at random places of no interest to anyone wanting to fly them.
2017-12-17
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Also my Spark is under 500g so I can still fly that around any park. :-)
2017-12-17
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

This is cool! cheers for the info
2017-12-17
Use props
AB9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42572 ft
Australia

I've been flying in local parks for the last month, totally unaware that the Brisbane City Council would dream up some rules to limit drone flying.  They have designated 10 areas in Council parks where drones can take of from.  For some crazy reason they have specified that drones must have propeller guards.
2018-3-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I give Brisbane City Council points for doing opposite of other cities.  Hopefully the trial will go succesfully, and more areas will be approved.
2018-3-23
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

At first glance and in principle that is cool - i hope they do not do it here though - as soon as locals find out about the bylaw that will be the end of peaceful flying anywhere else.
2018-3-24
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i am very lucky here - the park i go to most offers a huge range of flying experiences and views. There are speed boats on the lagoon and cars along the lagoon road to chase with a variety of beautiful views (salt marsh, large lagoon, dramatic ocean mouth, islands, hills to name a few).
The park falls into a peculiar 'no mans land". scenario.
Years ago the local government indicated they would turn the area into low cost housing estate - the wealthy neighbors countered by succesfully applying to have it clasified as conservancy area and public space. In the clause on "public space" it says "make and keep available for all people who use the park ....etc"
When challenged recently by the paks management about whether i should be flying there or not i referred them to the phrase mentioned above and they chuckled and said - yes that's right.

I then put my goggles on the ladies head and my mate showed the guy the app screen - they were super thrilled.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules