BLACK SCREEN ON PHONE (PICTURE ATTACHED)
4776 12 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PESMITH
New
United States

New drone owner.  Been flying ok for couple months no crashes then this happens about 50% of the time - at startup I get a black screen on phone as if camera video feed is turned off.  Everything else seems to be working as I can fly the drone but no camera image on phone just blackness.  Using a USB-C cable to my Nexus 6P phone.  Using RC mode.  Bought three new cables from DJI and that did not fix.  Tried multiple restarts of drone, receiver, and phone with no success.  Any idea what's the cause and how to fix?

Very frustrating showing up for a job and your drone won't work it has a black screen.  During the other 50% of the time, when the system is working, I get slow/delayed and grainy video.

Thank you for helping.

Screenshot_20171209-161333.png
Screenshot_20171217-162219.png
2017-12-17
Use props
Pbh
New
Denmark

I have the same problem with a new p4 we tried to start for the first time today.
2017-12-18
Use props
Blizzard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

What time off day is this screen recorded? I see the ISO is set to 100? Maybe try to put the ISO on higher level.
2017-12-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue using my iPhone X on iOS 11.1.  I was told that upgrading to iOS 11.2 would fix this issue, but seeing that you are using a Nexus and having the same issue it concerns me it's with the drone, not my phone.  I haven't tested mine yet, but will later today and I'll update you.

Luke
2017-12-18
Use props
C_FLyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101066 ft
United States

That's exactly what happens to mine however I get a warning where yours says "ready to go (gps)" mine says "weak image transmission signal" or "image transmission signal lost".  Only started happening after the most recent update.
2017-12-18
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Does the Mavic record video onto the internal SD card ?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, please try to reset the camera settings and check whether the pictures or videos in SD card play well. Alternatively, is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C_FLyer Posted at 2017-12-18 17:20
That's exactly what happens to mine however I get a warning where yours says "ready to go (gps)" mine says "weak image transmission signal" or "image transmission signal lost".  Only started happening after the most recent update.

Sir, I've replied you in your own post, please keep us updated there, thanks!  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1084604
2017-12-18
Use props
C_FLyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101066 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 19:18
Sir, I've replied you in your own post, please keep us updated there, thanks!  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=124460&page=1#pid1084604

I was merely commenting on PESMITH's post to let him know he's not the only person with the issue.  Are we not allowed to make comments on other people's posts in this forum?

2017-12-19
Use props
Pbh
New
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 19:15
Hi there, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, please try to reset the camera settings and check whether the pictures or videos in SD card play well. Alternatively, is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to verify?

The drone I have this problem with brand new out of the box. We have testet with DJI googles today and they receive the video signal. Trying to reset firmware with DJI Assistant 2 I found that Assistant shows the controller as an "Unknown device" and I can not enter to reset and reinstall firmware.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pbh Posted at 2017-12-20 09:46
The drone I have this problem with brand new out of the box. We have testet with DJI googles today and they receive the video signal. Trying to reset firmware with DJI Assistant 2 I found that Assistant shows the controller as an "Unknown device" and I can not enter to reset and reinstall firmware.

Sir, which mobile device do you use? I'd suggest to change another recommended mobile device, restart all devices to verify if applicable. If no helps. please kindly offer the error message in APP and About page for further assistance, thanks!
2017-12-20
Use props
cony
lvl.2

China

I had a similar problem on my iPhone X on another app. Have you tried to update the iOS and the app? I have tried some methods. Maybe these will help:
1.Update the iOS and the app to the latest version
2. Force Restart iPhone to Fix iPhone
3. Fix iPhone with iPhone system recovery for mac like TunesKit iOS System Recovery
4. Using iTunes to Fix
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB that comes with it and launch iTunes. You may need to ensure that the iTunes installed on your computer is the latest version.
Step 2. Tap on the device icon from the top of the interface.
Step 3. Find the Summary tab and then press the Restore iPhone button. Wait for iTunes to download the latest iOS if your iPhone is running an older version.
Step 4. Choose a backup file you want from the new pop-up and hit the Restore option.
2020-10-11
Use props
Dean
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi pesmith - i have a mavic pro too and recently had a black screen problem - i replaced my PTZ cable (myself) and the problem is resolved. Gimbal ribbon controls gimbal movements and the ptz cable does the camera connections. I feel confident thats yr problem. If u repkace this cable yrself be sure to NOT pinch the tiny wires when replacing the gimbal asembly cover plates
2020-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules