Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4Pro vs P4Adv+: what to buy?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cruising.com.br
lvl.1
Brazil

Dear friends,

I'm new to drones and joined the pilots community few months ago with a small DJI Spark. Now I'm thinking about an upgrade to a more "professional" and reliable model (with better image quality, better flying range and longer radio signal). I did look at DJI site to compare Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced Plus, but I haven't saw much differences between both models (photo and video resolution, maximum flying time, speed, radio range, etc), and the P4Pro is about USD $400 more expensive. So, are there any great differences between these drones? Which should I buy?

I also considered the Spark, but its camera resolution is 12MP (instead 20MP on Phantoms) is lower and there's some reported issues with DJI Go software like the seen on Spark.

Best regards,
Daniel
2017-12-18
Use props
Steve Og
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938258 ft
United States

Hi Daniel,
2017-12-18
Use props
Steve Og
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938258 ft
United States

Hi Daniel,  My understanding is that the Advanced has the same camera but doesn't have the rear vision system therefore only has front obstacle avoidance (not side & rear).  If you're thinking about the Plus controller (RC with screen), you might want to check out the other discussions on that topic.  The screen is great however there is no provisions for 3rd party apps. May or may not be a big deal for you.
2017-12-18
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Both are great quads but I would avoid the remote with the built in screen unless your happy not to be able to use 3rd party apps.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Daniel, the main difference between P4A and P4P is that the former does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band. The P4A+ will come with the built-in screen, do not support to connect another mobile device or install the third party APPs, please kindly note.
2017-12-19
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.4
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

I would (did) buy the P4A...spend the extra money on another battery.  Except for obstacle avoidance and 5.8 ghz, there is no difference.
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules