Ultrasonic System Error - Notification
7194 15 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

I was just flying my Spark with the latest firmware and latest DJI app, and received a message "Ulrosonic System Error" land immediately.  I've never received that notification, thankfully the drone was in site.  Please help!!

Thank you.
2017-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It sounds serious, something to do with VPS I’ve seen it before in other dji drones turning off gps was the temporary remedy, but you can’t do this with spark. Maybe try an IMU calibration if this doesn’t work you may have to send in.
2017-12-18
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-18 15:17
It sounds serious, something to do with VPS I’ve seen it before in other dji drones turning off gps was the temporary remedy, but you can’t do this with spark. Maybe try an IMU calibration if this doesn’t work you may have to send in.

Thanks for the info!!!!
2017-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

lsufan861 Posted at 2017-12-18 16:55
Thanks for the info!!!!

Your welcome let us no how you get on.
2017-12-18
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Commenting to follow thread and see the outcome of the error
2017-12-18
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

So, when I went to sensors it looks like my IMU wasn't green.  I did the IMU calibration and I'll try and fly tomorrow and send a reply.  Will make sure to check these before flight.
2017-12-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen this error twice in my 200+ flights with my Spark. Landed immediately both times. Still not sure what it means but it happens RARELY and doesn't seem to affect the flight ability or controls.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi lsufan861, were you flying the drone on a foggy day? Please also try to clean the Vision System, see if it works. If it persists, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message and the flight data of this flight for analysis, thank you in advance.
You can refer to the video below to export the data.

2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bing Err Posted at 2017-12-18 17:55
I've seen this error twice in my 200+ flights with my Spark. Landed immediately both times. Still not sure what it means but it happens RARELY and doesn't seem to affect the flight ability or controls.

Hi Bing, this error may appear when the drone is flying in the foggy environment, it is not recommended to fly drones in that weather condition. If this error appears in clear weather frequently, please refer to the video I provided in the post 8 # to export the data for analysis, thank you in advance.
2017-12-18
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

lsufan861 Posted at 2017-12-18 17:11
So, when I went to sensors it looks like my IMU wasn't green.  I did the IMU calibration and I'll try and fly tomorrow and send a reply.  Will make sure to check these before flight.

Yes,it was foggy but had good GPS so I thought I was good. Thank you, I feel better now.
2017-12-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-18 19:37
Hi Bing, this error may appear when the drone is flying in the foggy environment, it is not recommended to fly drones in that weather condition. If this error appears in clear weather frequently, please refer to the video I provided in the post 8 # to export the data for analysis, thank you in advance.

Hi, i have had this error today flying at home, clear sky no clouds or wind spark gave ultrasonic error land immediatly but started a forced landing at high speed on its own lucky it was not far from me and i brought it under control and it landed safly a bit hard but safe, checked all my sensors and all was showing good no issues. restarted drone and took off and had no issues but was not going to take a chance so i packed it away.
2017-12-31
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2017-12-31 15:03
Hi, i have had this error today flying at home, clear sky no clouds or wind spark gave ultrasonic error land immediatly but started a forced landing at high speed on its own lucky it was not far from me and i brought it under control and it landed safly a bit hard but safe, checked all my sensors and all was showing good no issues. restarted drone and took off and had no issues but was not going to take a chance so i packed it away.

I had this same issue today, but in foggy conditions. I'm unsure if it's an issue caused by the fog, or something else as it appears to be a problem that can happen in clear skies as well.
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Suren Posted at 2017-12-31 15:03
Hi, i have had this error today flying at home, clear sky no clouds or wind spark gave ultrasonic error land immediatly but started a forced landing at high speed on its own lucky it was not far from me and i brought it under control and it landed safly a bit hard but safe, checked all my sensors and all was showing good no issues. restarted drone and took off and had no issues but was not going to take a chance so i packed it away.

Please clean the Vision System, then fly the drone in clear weather. If it appears frequently, please refer to the video I provided in the post 8# to export the data for analysis, thanks.
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_VeQ7bFM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32500 ft
Thailand

It's use to happen to me try to clean up sensor and see it work or not
2018-1-3
Use props
JotaP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31870 ft
Brazil

I've just had the same error when I was flying yesterday.

Clear sky, IMU and Compass Calibrated.

Started flying and got this error twice while flying in less than 5 minutes in the air.
2018-4-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Dirty downward vision sensors?  Dirt/dust blown in the air?  Gnats swarming the drone?  I think the sensor are just reading 1 foot, 8 feet, 3 feet, out of range, etc, height all within a millisecond of the last reading, so it throws a fault.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules