Indoor Settings Boat
853 5 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dannytype1
lvl.1
Australia

Hi

I have a boat charter company and i want to use the mavic to do walk throughs on boats so the customer can get a idea what its like. I am after advise on what my settings need to be. The tripod setup looks great as it slows everything down. Need some advise on what the sensor settings should be. All needs to be slow and precise if possible. When i have used tripod mode indoors it gets to a point and i want to move forward but the sensor must be blocking it happening.

Any help gratefully recieved

Danny

2017-12-18
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Sounds like a great case for a handheld gimble, not a crashable 1k dollar drone.
2017-12-18
Use props
Dannytype1
lvl.1
Australia

nnote Posted at 2017-12-18 17:26
Sounds like a great case for a handheld gimble, not a crashable 1k dollar drone.

Hi already got one and tried it to be honest. Because the boats move around so much even when moored its very difficult to get really good results.

Thanks

Danny
2017-12-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Wrong tool for the job.  OSMO!

2017-12-18
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I would strongly caution you against flying that drone inside.  I'm a pretty darn good pilot, and after many hours of flying my Mavic outdoors, it took me less than 7 minutes to hit a wall quite hard the first time I flew indoors.  It's just not worth the repair expense.  I also have an Osmo Mobile and I've found that the videos I take while walking or trotting on my horse are quite smooth.  I don't know what kind of handheld you used, but I'll bet that Osmo Mobile would do the trick aboard ship while your Mavic will get close ups of the naked figure atop the mast.  
2017-12-18
Use props
Dannytype1
lvl.1
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-12-18 20:27
I would strongly caution you against flying that drone inside.  I'm a pretty darn good pilot, and after many hours of flying my Mavic outdoors, it took me less than 7 minutes to hit a wall quite hard the first time I flew indoors.  It's just not worth the repair expense.  I also have an Osmo Mobile and I've found that the videos I take while walking or trotting on my horse are quite smooth.  I don't know what kind of handheld you used, but I'll bet that Osmo Mobile would do the trick aboard ship while your Mavic will get close ups of the naked figure atop the mast.

I have an osmo mobile as well. I was speaking to a guy who does videos for selling a property and he said the way to go is with a drone. I have been flying it inside my apartment already and was really stable. Just looking for any basic rules or settings to follow.

Many thanks

Danny
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules