785 7 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought those soft rubber covers for the motors when the blades are off. They work great of course but is it ok to keep them on when powering up the rig? Since I believe the motors do a real quick reset and move a little wondering if the rubber motor protectors hinder anything.

Also, after 2.5 weeks my GOGGLES have finally shipped! Can't wait to try them out! Yahoooooo.

2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Michael, could you please post a picture of what kind of rubber motor covers you have? Theoretically, we don't suggest flying the drone with the unauthorized third-party accessories, so I won't suggest mounting it during a flight.
BTW, congrats to you! Think you will receive it soon and enjoy your time!
2017-12-19
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 679 ft
United States

Good morning Thor,I think a picture would help describe it better but the motor covers don't go on the Mav while the props are on,  only during transport so that the motor arms don't get snagged on anything. Please let us know how well the goggles work and feel. I'm interested inn purchasing a set but at that price point they really have to be mind blowing. Safe flying and im looking forward to hearing about them.
2017-12-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The motor covers are fine . I used them with my P3A. I would suggest putting the props on before starting the drone. Waiting for my goggles as well.
2017-12-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I wouldn't leave the covers on when powering up the aircraft. I wouldn't want anything hindering *any* movement as the aircraft powers up. In addition, I don't know how much airflow they may block. I realize the aircraft isn't flying, still though, I wouldn't want to take c chance...
2017-12-19
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

He is using the motor covers to keep the dust away when MP is stored... He has to remove the covers to put the props back on... so he is not flying with the motor covers...

I have them also, never used them... maybe in the future I will
2017-12-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In answer to your question - do not leave the caps on the drone when you turn it on - the motors spin slightly on start up due to the ESC drivers checking the drone as part of an internal diagnostic preflight check. Leaving the caps on before start up could interfere with that check and prohibit the motors movement. The Mavic is also designed for portability and for the blades to be left on. I would only use dust caps on the Mavic motors during long-term storage and even then I don't use them - probably the most pointless accessory out there.
2017-12-19
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-19 12:08
In answer to your question - do not leave the caps on the drone when you turn it on - the motors spin slightly on start up due to the ESC drivers checking the drone as part of an internal diagnostic preflight check. Leaving the caps on before start up could interfere with that check and prohibit the motors movement. The Mavic is also designed for portability and for the blades to be left on. I would only use dust caps on the Mavic motors during long-term storage and even then I don't use them - probably the most pointless accessory out there.

A CW, I concur with your assesment.
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules