Flying Test on App
1836 14 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom Swope
lvl.2
United States

Was ready to fly the Mavic when a flying test popped up and locked the app until completed. Problem was the test could not be completed because the app would crash before all of the questions could be answered. After 7 or more tries I gave up . Any fix for this so I can fly again?

2017-12-19
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

If you're on AOS downgrade app to older FW, not sure if there's a trick for IOS besides doing it.
FYI, I just did this yesterday on my IOS device and aced it........Good Luck!
2017-12-19
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Deleting and reinstalling the app on iOS really does cure a lot of the crashing issues. Remember to go back and check all your settings after reinstalling... also, remember that by deleting the app, you'll be installing the latest version from the app store, not necessarily the version you had.
2017-12-19
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321214 ft
Australia

I haven't seen a "flying test". What is it? is it to test pilots knowledge or the uav?
2017-12-19
Use props
Tom Swope
lvl.2
United States

PilotC Posted at 2017-12-19 13:22
I haven't seen a "flying test". What is it? is it to test pilots knowledge or the uav?

The flying test is to make sure that we know /follow the rules and restrictions when flying our drones. It is for the safety of not only ourselves but of others as well. DJI incorporated a test in recent software that  pops up without warning and will not allow you to fly until the test is completed. The glitch comes when the app crashes in the middle of the test. The idea is great but inconvenient if you can’t get through it.
I finally tried another device and got through it and again in the air having fun.
2017-12-19
Use props
Tom Swope
lvl.2
United States

The flying test is to make sure that we know /follow the rules and restrictions when flying our drones. It is for the safety of not only ourselves but of others as well. DJI incorporated a test in recent software that  pops up without warning and will not allow you to fly until the test is completed. The glitch comes when the app crashes in the middle of the test. The idea is great but inconvenient if you can’t get through it.
I finally tried another device and got through it and again in the air having fun.
2017-12-19
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Tom Swope Posted at 2017-12-19 19:38

I thought the test was just for new people and the people/photographers that have recorded flights beyond human sight.

"Flew at 1000 feet altitude?  Here's your test "
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Tom, glad that you got the quiz passed on another device. But does the app still keeps crashing on your device now? If yes, may I know what mobile device are you using?
If it is an iOS device, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again.
If it is an Android device, try to reinstall the latest app.
Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation. See if it helps.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi PilotC, the quiz is for the United States users, like Tom Swope mentioned above. Just FYI.
2017-12-19
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 22:47
Hi PilotC, the quiz is for the United States users, like Tom Swope mentioned above. Just FYI.

Does that mean next time I visit the USA and try and fly I will need to do it?
2017-12-20
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Australia

The flying test is to make sure that we know /follow the rules and restrictions when flying our drones. It is for the safety of not only ourselves but of others as well. DJI incorporated a test in recent software that  pops up without warning and will not allow you to fly until the test is completed. The glitch comes when the app crashes in the middle of the test. The idea is great but inconvenient if you can’t get through it.

"Pops up without warning"! wow this could be an issue if your about to takeoff to get a time critical shot and it pops up.

2017-12-20
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Taken this quiz 5 times now. Seems to keep popping up.  DJI THOR said they will look in to it for me if it pops up again. I have read that if you sign out of DJI and sign back in , it stops. Will try that before next flight.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2017-12-20 13:22
Taken this quiz 5 times now. Seems to keep popping up.  DJI THOR said they will look in to it for me if it pops up again. I have read that if you sign out of DJI and sign back in , it stops. Will try that before next flight.

Hi mate, please try, and I have an update on your thread, please check and see if it helps.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PilotC Posted at 2017-12-20 12:41
Does that mean next time I visit the USA and try and fly I will need to do it?

Hi there, it needed to be confirmed. Please wait for a while. I will get back to you once I get the answer. Thank you.
2017-12-22
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Just read that all of you in the UK now have the fun too.

https://dronedj.com
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules