Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 - packing tips?
3909 13 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Dronies!

As you can see from my stats, I am a super newbie and haven't been able to start flying properly due to weather and work :-(

We had perfect flying conditions earlier today, but of course I was stuck in a meeting! So, I am amusing myself with accessories and a new pack. I know there are a couple of threads on here comparing various packs and cases, but I followed a recommendation and bought a DroneGuard BP250. So far, I am very impressed with it and think it was worth the wait - they are out of stock here in the UK, which tells me they must be pretty popular bags generally.

Anyway, I have been experimenting with different packing configurations and want to combine my MPP Combo with my Garmin Virb and a few other essentials. I'll post a couple of photos once I have had a play about. In the meantime, if you are a happy BP250 owner and have the perfect setup, I'd love to see a picture of it!

Any tips or suggestions welcomed!

2017-12-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've considered this backpack and the best review I've seen of it in my research is a guy called 'Dustin Dunhill' on YT - he does very comprehensive reviews and covered this exact backpack back in July. I suggest you watch his vid.
2017-12-19
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks - I'll have a look. In the meantime, any photos or packing suggestions from actual users would be welcome! I'm still fiddling with my setup.
2017-12-19
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got some good tips from Dustin's YT. Here is my first attempt at a pack. Basically my MPP Combo, plus:
  • PGY Controller lock
  • Sun visor for controller
  • Extension legs
  • Landing pad
  • Windsock
  • Safety sign and vest (thinking CAA here)
  • Anemometer
  • Sun shield for gimbal
  • Lens filters
  • Garmin Virb plus spare batteries, wrist controller and chest strap
  • Battery charging bags (not sure about these)
  • Tripod

IMG_0293.JPG
2017-12-20
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And inside. Still got space for snacks, phone with charger and water.
2017-12-20
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So - anyone got a better solution?
2017-12-24
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-12-24 04:26
So - anyone got a better solution?

Hi I have HPRC4050 for DJI MAVIC PRO FLY MORE COMBO. It isn't a backpack but with this case your Mavic will be very very safe
2017-12-26
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guido-Italy Posted at 2017-12-26 12:54
Hi I have HPRC4050 for DJI MAVIC PRO FLY MORE COMBO. It isn't a backpack but with this case your Mavic will be very very safe

Wow - looks strong! I opted for the backpack only because I have to walk from the car to the best places to fly my drone. Sadly its been too windy and wet to fly here. Perhaps I'll have better luck next weekend!
2017-12-26
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-12-26 13:51
Wow - looks strong! I opted for the backpack only because I have to walk from the car to the best places to fly my drone. Sadly its been too windy and wet to fly here. Perhaps I'll have better luck next weekend!

where do you buy backpack? It's a possible solution as you know for walking ......I'm thinking
2017-12-27
Use props
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

I bought two of these, one for my Mavic and one for my DSLR and then i put them into this backpack. No need for a camera bag or specific Mavic bag, then you
cant walk very far without food or water.. with this you can get clothes, food, water and a stove and get some coffee   and be out for a whole day or spend a night somewhere depending on the size.

And i cant understand why people buy hardcases, Mavic is portable, and carry around a hardcase is not fun, maybe only for storage but mutch
easier with a backpack.

2017-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-12-20 12:29
And inside. Still got space for snacks, phone with charger and water. [view_image] [view_image]

That looks nice!
Is it comfortable to carry?
2017-12-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far so goo! A little heavy with all the extras...
2017-12-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jffoto Posted at 2017-12-27 05:31
I bought two of these, one for my Mavic and one for my DSLR and then i put them into this backpack. No need for a camera bag or specific Mavic bag, then you
cant walk very far without food or water.. with this you can get clothes, food, water and a stove and get some coffee   and be out for a whole day or spend a night somewhere depending on the size.

Can't go wrong with an Osprey - my favourite walking pack.  The Lowepro is a little heavier, but still has plenty of good features including a decent system for circulating air around your back.  What size are these? 30 litre?
2017-12-27
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guido-Italy Posted at 2017-12-27 03:29
where do you buy backpack? It's a possible solution as you know for walking ......I'm thinking

I got mine from ZippyTom.com. Unfortunately they are out of stock now. These are hard to get and even the Lowepro website (USA) is also showing out of stock.  Apparently later this month they will be back on the shelves...
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules