ATTI Mode and 3rd party software.
1358 13 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I would like to try some 3rd party software to fly the spark but one thing is troubling me.

What happens when the spark loses IMU or GPS while using Litchi or Autopilot?
Both depend on GPS heavily to do what they do so I assume that if spark goes into ATTI mode those softwares will not be able to continue flying the drone. But, will you still have contro to fly it manually?  
Anybody out there have experiance with Litchi or Autopilot when the spark loses its mind?

2017-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It will be the same as flying with dji go, yes you will have control in Atti mode, if you loose radio control your aircraft will RTH same as dji go .

As far as warranty goes if you crash as a result of using third party apps your warranty is null and void, if you crash as a result of malfunction then your warranty will cover you.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Louis. I would not recommend you use the third party app as it is not tested and unstable. Please use DJI GO 4 instead. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-20
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

What’s the idea of https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/ while scaring customers away from using 3rd part apps?
2017-12-20
Use props
Spenkelini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138750 ft
Netherlands

heliman Posted at 2017-12-20 00:22
What’s the idea of https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/ while scaring customers away from using 3rd part apps?

There's software that overclocks your GPU right? But you can't rely on warranty when it's getting fried because it's overclocked, should they then remove the ability to use software to overclock it?

The SDK is there to give customers the opportunity to write custom software for specific use cases. DJI provides a nice basis but they sure can't control and make sure the quality of the software. So not be able to rely on the warranty when using "unofficial" software is perfectly normal.
2017-12-20
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

If you loose your IMU it's quite simple... whatever the control software, you will probably loose your drone because it will not be able to sense the "vertical" anymore...
It will quickly end up "upside down", then down only and then in smaller pieces...
2017-12-20
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

I would not recommend you use the third party app as it is not tested and unstable. Please use DJI GO 4 instead.

...which is not stable, either.
2017-12-20
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-20 00:07
Hi, Louis. I would not recommend you use the third party app as it is not tested and unstable. Please use DJI GO 4 instead. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra,

There is no point in justifying use of DJI SPARK software when the latest versions are all having major trouble )
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S.J Posted at 2017-12-20 09:01
Hi Elektra,

There is no point in justifying use of DJI SPARK software when the latest versions are all having major trouble )

Hi, S. J. Did you mean the 4.1.18 version of app? If not, please download the latest version of app. Please provide us the crash log for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-21
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 00:50
Hi, S. J. Did you mean the 4.1.18 version of app? If not, please download the latest version of app. Please provide us the crash log for further analysis. Thanks for your support.

yes , i mean V4.1.18
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S.J Posted at 2017-12-21 02:47
yes , i mean V4.1.18

Please tell me the model of your device and provide us the crash log for further analysis. Thanks a lot.
2017-12-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-22 00:04
Please tell me the model of your device and provide us the crash log for further analysis. Thanks a lot.

samsung Note 5  .......why do you want the crash log ?   My SPARK hasn't crashed yet !!
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S.J Posted at 2017-12-22 00:25
samsung Note 5  .......why do you want the crash log ?   My SPARK hasn't crashed yet !!

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Your DJI GO 4 crash many times, right? Please provide the crash log of app. Here is the path: mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH. Thanks for your help.
2017-12-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

I dont have a crash log !!  Also My SPARK hasn't crashed  since the last 4 months....
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules