FAA Registration - FAQ from the AMA
1128 3 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Last month, we shared new information about the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, which Congress has reinstated.

On December 12, 2017, President Trump signed legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, including for AMA members.

AMA believes that registration makes sense at some level, but has pushed for a more reasonable threshold. While we address these issues, members will be legally required to comply with the FAA registration requirement.  

Following are some frequently asked questions. Answers are based on the information available at time of press and are subject to change.

Q: If I already registered, do I have register again?
A: You will not have to register again since this bill simply reverses the John Taylor case. We will share more as details emerge.

Q: Do I need to register again if I requested a refund and asked to be removed from the registration list?
A: You will need to re-register only if you received FAA confirmation that your request to be removed the database was honored.

Q: I did not request a refund/removal from registration database, will my registration number and expiration date stay the same?
A: Yes, your registration number and expiration date will remain the same unless you requested that the FAA remove your information from the database, and received FAA conformation of this removal.

Read the full FAQ on the AMA website.

2017-12-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great information. Absolutely one of the most informative things I’ve seen on the forums. Thanks for sharing
2017-12-19
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

For anyone who needs to register with the FAA, make sure you register on the official FAA website here. There are a lot of other registration websites that are charging a premium to handle the registration process that can easily be done by yourself in a few minutes.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

helpful info!
Thank you for sharing here!
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced