Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI goggles issue
2042 11 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m1n1s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Just done the update on the spark to v01.00.800 and goggles v01.04.0100 and find my dji goggles do not work with my spark now using the otg cable?
Anyone else having issues?

Or has DJI decided to stop support for this £600 accessory for the Spark

2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Did you try to change an OTG cable? What is the message from goggles? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-12-19
Use props
DaMa
Captain
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Works fine with the newest firmware here.
2017-12-20
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

No message from the goggles they just don't connect.

Sounds like I need to play around a bit to get them working again , previously they have always worked without issue.
2017-12-20
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

#DaMa can you tell me your firmware versions for rc controller and goggles.

Thanks in advance for your help.
2017-12-20
Use props
DaMa
Captain
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Googles and AC as you, RC .400. Ewerything the newest firm- and software. I am Not shure, but it must  be all „on“ and the RC is connected with the AC, before you plug the the micro usb to the RC. You donne this shure....sorry...
2017-12-20
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

so had a play around tonight with the spark , the otg was still working to my iPad Pro so I decided the issue must be with the goggles.

I found previously the DJI assistant 2 on the iMac to be not as good as the PC version for what ever reason , so tonight I updated the firmware on the goggles via the PC.

After doing this I connected the goggles via the otg cable and the spark micro usb lead and the goggles are working now , major heart attack moment passed ;)

Thankfully DJI hasn't killed the otg function yet and stranded the few of us with goggles on the spark.

2017-12-20
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DaMa Posted at 2017-12-20 12:44
Googles and AC as you, RC .400. Ewerything the newest firm- and software. I am Not shure, but it must  be all „on“ and the RC is connected with the AC, before you plug the the micro usb to the RC. You donne this shure....sorry...

thanks for your information DaMa
2017-12-20
Use props
fans13b46c58
lvl.1

United States

I've updated the RC, the spark and the goggles to the latest firmware. Used the OTG cable yesterday to fly with the goggles and it worked. Today the goggles won't connect when plugged into the RC via the OTG cable. I can't figure out what happened.
2017-12-29
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans13b46c58 Posted at 2017-12-29 17:50
I've updated the RC, the spark and the goggles to the latest firmware. Used the OTG cable yesterday to fly with the goggles and it worked. Today the goggles won't connect when plugged into the RC via the OTG cable. I can't figure out what happened.

this sound similar to my problem last week.

i tried a different otg cable and also a different usb to micro cable but nothing would work.

eventually i flashed the goggles firmware and spark on my pc to fix the problem.

flown three times since with goggles no issues.

I did wonder at the time with DJI messing around with otg support they might have broken it for the goggles , they seem to have introduced new features to ios device if you fly otg now - weak transmission message  (yes we know this , thats why we fly otg) - unfortunately we are suffering the police state mentality of the software engineers.

2017-12-30
Use props
fans13b46c58
lvl.1

United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-12-30 13:59
this sound similar to my problem last week.

i tried a different otg cable and also a different usb to micro cable but nothing would work.

I refreshed the firmware on both the Spark and goggles and it works again. The goggles are connected to the spark via OTG cable.
2017-12-31
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans13b46c58 Posted at 2017-12-31 20:10
I refreshed the firmware on both the Spark and goggles and it works again. The goggles are connected to the spark via OTG cable.

thats good news
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules