Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How does the Mavic camera compare to a smartphone or DSLR?
4798 9 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kristina Fische
New

United States

I know they all do 4k.

But how does the Mavic Pro camera compare to an iPhone X camera or DSLR?

If I were to film a commercial on the iPhone X - and also film it on the Mavic Pro - what is going to have the better picture quality?

PS - for those who don't know - the iPhone X films TV-quality footage. It's unreal.
2017-12-19
Use props
fans732c5648
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162139 ft
United States

it not a DSLR, The Mavic shoots real good video. NOt sure what "TV Quality" is, but its hi quality 4k video.
2017-12-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nope.
The (modern) DSLR has some advantages over the MP.
Higher Dynamic range.
Less noise  / better low light performance

But, with some decent light and the right settings the MP can deliver nice footage.
2017-12-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Compares to last year's cellphone cameras and not at all to DSLRs.

Those who know their tools can take great shots with either, those who do not will end up with crappy shots on either.
2017-12-21
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Agreed with the above posts, the camera compares with most of the phone from last year but in saying that you can get epic shots with the mavic's as well
2017-12-21
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-12-21 14:57
Compares to last year's cellphone cameras and not at all to DSLRs.

Those who know their tools can take great shots with either, those who do not will end up with crappy shots on either.

So very true!!
2017-12-21
Use props
Łukasz Stawarz
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys, just dig out old topic but can anyone explain me why DJI Mavic pro shots so nicely in motion with 4K 24frames compare to iPhone X which shots also in 4K even 30or60 what should give even more smooth result actually is not as good? Any motion is slightly blurred what does not happen on Mavic... any clue? Is it because of hdr? Is it better on mavick?
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Łukasz Stawarz Posted at 11-2 11:49
Hi guys, just dig out old topic but can anyone explain me why DJI Mavic pro shots so nicely in motion with 4K 24frames compare to iPhone X which shots also in 4K even 30or60 what should give even more smooth result actually is not as good? Any motion is slightly blurred what does not happen on Mavic... any clue? Is it because of hdr? Is it better on mavick?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI forum members who have experienced with using the Mavic 2 Pro and the said of the mobile device. I'd like to apologize that we couldn't determine the capability of your mobile device to check the differences between our aircraft and the phone. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2019-11-4
Use props
COS-CamMan
New
United States

It’s about as good as an iPhone 7 or 8 with stabilization
2019-11-9
Use props
JohnK48
Second Officer
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Łukasz Stawarz Posted at 11-2 11:49
Hi guys, just dig out old topic but can anyone explain me why DJI Mavic pro shots so nicely in motion with 4K 24frames compare to iPhone X which shots also in 4K even 30or60 what should give even more smooth result actually is not as good? Any motion is slightly blurred what does not happen on Mavic... any clue? Is it because of hdr? Is it better on mavick?

Not exactly an expert, but this is my take on it. The DJI drones have gimbals that move in such a way to either eliminate jumpiness or at least make the motion appear to be very smooth.  Not going to happen with a cell phone of DSLR (unless of course you are using an Osmo type of device).
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules