checking in mavic on Royal Carribean Cruise line.
754 2 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans732c5648
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162139 ft
United States

i have an impending cruise on Royal Carribean. my understanding is they reqire you to check in your drone and you get it back at each port.
my questions are:
  • If any one has done this, how easy/smooth is the process to check in/check out your drone?
  • has anyone able to slip their mavic past security. I can see them eyeballing a phantom in the security monitors and they would know immediately what it is, but I'm wondering if they will even notice a mavic in my camera bag.

2017-12-19
Use props
fans732c5648
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162139 ft
United States

IF this is on anyone's radar,  i wrote a letter to the CEO of Royal about their drone policy, (customer service told me their new policy was to hold drone's the duration of the cruise.)  I got a call this week from the CEO's office , a rep, and she wanted to talk about the policy. She informed me the hold policy was due to the fact that drone's are illegal and will be confiscated if found. I attempted to correct her and tell her they are not illegal but we went round and round a couple times before I told here I would explore elsewhere before booking another cruise and we ended the call.

2018-3-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans732c5648 Posted at 2018-3-10 12:26
IF this is on anyone's radar,  i wrote a letter to the CEO of Royal about their drone policy, (customer service told me their new policy was to hold drone's the duration of the cruise.)  I got a call this week from the CEO's office , a rep, and she wanted to talk about the policy. She informed me the hold policy was due to the fact that drone's are illegal and will be confiscated if found. I attempted to correct her and tell her they are not illegal but we went round and round a couple times before I told here I would explore elsewhere before booking another cruise and we ended the call.

Since when did call centre reps of cruise liners become practicing legal eagles in aviation law LOL - These people make me laugh - they don't have a clue! Anyway, thanks for the info - I'll never buy anything from a company that inept!
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules