FCC/CE - Canada
9450 19 2017-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

Is Canada FCC or CE? How to know if the drone on FCC or CE?
2017-12-19
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I think Canada is FCC. It knows your location using GPS and changes accordingly.
2017-12-19
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Canada

I got a P3 SE does that mean I can go 2km+ ? How to know for sure if it's FCC/CE I'm on?
2017-12-19
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Canada

I searched forum with many question regarding this but without a firm answer, Hope DJI Mod can confirm it as well
2017-12-19
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-12-19 20:49
I got a P3 SE does that mean I can go 2km+ ? How to know for sure if it's FCC/CE I'm on?

If you have 11 channels in 2,4Ghz you are in FCC mode.
If you have 13 channels in 2.4Ghz you are in CE mode.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, Canada is running FCC standard. Like nottuppaware, the drone will recognize the GPS location and adjust itself.
If you need to know the if a country is running in FCC or CE, you can also inquire me or our support, we will help to check.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-12-20
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-20 03:28
Hi there, Canada is running FCC standard. Like nottuppaware, the drone will recognize the GPS location and adjust itself.
If you need to know the if a country is running in FCC or CE, you can also inquire me or our support, we will help to check.

Awesome thank you, I'm sure this will help many to clear the mind
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-12-21 16:26
Awesome thank you, I'm sure this will help many to clear the mind

No problems, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help
2017-12-22
Use props
Braveheart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-20 03:28

Well sir this is interesting. I am in Canada and with the new firmware 1.5.40, my drone is now a paper weight. I cant fly more than 3 min then signal is lost and very eratic video, just like many many other people all over the internet have stated, as you know already. I now no longer get 2.4 drone is now a kite.....we need a new firmware asap to solve these issues and get DJI back in the good books....thanks
2018-1-7
Use props
Braveheart
lvl.1
Canada

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-12-19 20:49
I got a P3 SE does that mean I can go 2km+ ? How to know for sure if it's FCC/CE I'm on?

Well, now with the new firmware tons of people all over the internet have noted the drone will not get 2.4 and losing signal as close as 30m away. I can vouch for this, got mine 4 days ago and have it all set up proprely, with about, 10-2 min flights as signal loss is so bad. Running 1.5.40 firmware and 3.1.23 DJI go app with samsung s6....so all compatible. Great gps signal and wifi is good everything is good at take off, until you fly away....we need a new firmware to solve this issue...my 1000 dollar drone in now grounded and may be sent back, if DJI doesnt fix this mojor issue....
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Braveheart Posted at 2018-1-7 10:19
Well sir this is interesting. I am in Canada and with the new firmware 1.5.40, my drone is now a paper weight. I cant fly more than 3 min then signal is lost and very eratic video, just like many many other people all over the internet have stated, as you know already. I now no longer get 2.4 drone is now a kite.....we need a new firmware asap to solve these issues and get DJI back in the good books....thanks

Hi there, I suspect you are using Phantom 3 SE, right? Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. If the transmission is very laggy, please check the WiFi settings, avoid the interference. If it doesn't help, please provide me with the screenshots of your firmware info (About on General Settings), the transmission interface, and the flight controller data from the drone, I will help to forward to our engineers to confirm, thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
Braveheart
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-8 01:25
Hi there, I suspect you are using Phantom 3 SE, right? Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. If the transmission is very laggy, please check the WiFi settings, avoid the interference. If it doesn't help, please provide me with the screenshots of your firmware info (About on General Settings), the transmission interface, and the flight controller data from the drone, I will help to forward to our engineers to confirm, thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Thanks but its the new firmware thats causing the issues, from what has been mentioned all over the net. Yes Phantom 3 SE brand new 1 week ago, now grounded. My RC has only 1 antenna not 2. I believe there is 2 hidden in the RC. I am in the counrty not the city and have acres and acres of unobstructed flying. No chance of interferance anywhere. Please, we need this firmware looked at and updated. In Canada I should get FCC and now I cant. 4km drone?? May as well put a string on it....sorry but this is really frustrating. 1000 dollar drone, brand new, now sitting in a box as I can't trust its saftey anymore.....
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Braveheart Posted at 2018-1-8 14:48
Thanks but its the new firmware thats causing the issues, from what has been mentioned all over the net. Yes Phantom 3 SE brand new 1 week ago, now grounded. My RC has only 1 antenna not 2. I believe there is 2 hidden in the RC. I am in the counrty not the city and have acres and acres of unobstructed flying. No chance of interferance anywhere. Please, we need this firmware looked at and updated. In Canada I should get FCC and now I cant. 4km drone?? May as well put a string on it....sorry but this is really frustrating. 1000 dollar drone, brand new, now sitting in a box as I can't trust its saftey anymore.....

If so, could you please provide me with the flight controller data? I would like to have our engineers to check it from the data. Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn on the aircraft and remote controller. Launch the DJI GO app. Under Main Controller Settings, tap Advanced Settings and then Enter Flight Data Mode.
2. Insert one end of the USB cable to the Micro USB port on the aircraft (not the one on the gimbal) and the other end to the PC. A folder will pop up on the screen (with a storage of 4GB) and the .dat files in it are flight records.
Also, please sync the flight records to the cloud and PM me with your email account. A screenshot of the firmware info (About on General settings when the drone RC and app is connected). Thank you so much for your help.
2018-1-9
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

.400 for ever........
2018-1-9
Use props
Braveheart
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-9 01:39
If so, could you please provide me with the flight controller data? I would like to have our engineers to check it from the data. Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn on the aircraft and remote controller. Launch the DJI GO app. Under Main Controller Settings, tap Advanced Settings and then Enter Flight Data Mode.
2. Insert one end of the USB cable to the Micro USB port on the aircraft (not the one on the gimbal) and the other end to the PC. A folder will pop up on the screen (with a storage of 4GB) and the .dat files in it are flight records.

Thanks Thor, but that wont solve the issues. DJI either needs to fix firmware or the DJI GO App...FCC in canada not CE. Please we need DJI to look into this asap. Lots of drones now grounded! I also hear DJI has stopped all prodution of P3 series?! Now this is not good....I bought this CAUSE it said 4km range! Now its a kite...DJI please solve this issue so we can fly...$1000 drone just sitting in box now....☹☹
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Braveheart Posted at 2018-1-9 10:25
Thanks Thor, but that wont solve the issues. DJI either needs to fix firmware or the DJI GO App...FCC in canada not CE. Please we need DJI to look into this asap. Lots of drones now grounded! I also hear DJI has stopped all prodution of P3 series?! Now this is not good....I bought this CAUSE it said 4km range! Now its a kite...DJI please solve this issue so we can fly...$1000 drone just sitting in box now....☹☹

Sorry for the late reply due to the long days off. Back to your issue, the data helps a lot for analyzing the distance problem. So please kindly provide me with your data so I can forward to our engineers to check. We have Phantom 3 Standard and SE for sale, I haven't heard anything about stopping Phantom 3 series. Thank you for attentions.
2018-1-18
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

1.04.0100- forever
2018-1-18
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

Do any of you that live near the US / Canada border have any issues.  My Bepop drone usually latches onto the US limits instead of Canada so I am able to fly higher than I should be able to.
2018-4-4
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

HI Guys, I just got my new mavic air and I was so excited and i took my first flight an i am totally depressed. My mavic cannot even go to a height of my house. Its disconnect from controller and come to home. thank god atleast that is performing good. else it will land in somebody house.

I am using Iphone x,, latest dji software and latest firmware version.
I did update the firmware using dji assistant 2,, still same issue.
I downgrade the firmware using dji assistant 2,, still same issue.
I am connecting the phone to the controller using the cable. The interesting part is when i was using my spark I never had cable between iphone and my controller.. and i never got a single drop in connection.
The only difference was I was using that time was my old iphone 6 plus.

.. very frustrating... Even my Spark seems to be smoother at same altitude and distance. and I never had a single drop in connection with controller. I am testing the mavic air in same place (infornt of my house). man it disconnects and come back to home...

Guys please advise..

Note: Mine I just bought from DJI official site.. The flame red edition. I got like yesterday..
2018-5-2
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.3
Canada

This is why I don't update firmware, too many problems that take a long time to get fixed
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules