1687 5 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I´m so tired of these DJI products, so i bought a brand new Spark which had twitchings and fine vibrations in the video recordings. DJI swapped it against a new one (which by the way had its box all dented in the cordners and around the edges bacause they shipped the Spark box in a thin black plastic only.
So this new exchange unit has the exact same problem.

In last december a bought a Mavic Pro which had tilting horizon at sideways flight, they exchanged it as a DOA case and the new Mavic Pro had the exact same problem.

Can´t DJI do anything right, it seems you are very very lucky if you get a unit that does not have any problems at all, it must be a bigger percent of their units that are faulty than the number of units which works without any problems. Don´t they have any quality control of their products?

Anyway, i will not send in this unit again and get a new one which is faulty, because that is what will happen (4 out of 4 DJI units has had problems the last year).
So my question is have somebody had any luck in reversing the purchase?

This unit is bought from one of DJI´s approved vendors, but they only had a 14 days return window which has expired because i had to send the unit to DJI. So they will not take it back.
So i feel this is of course DJI´s responsibility.
I mean they can´t keep sending me faulty units. I havent been able to fly because of their products being faulty, thats not what i paid for.

So does anybody have any experience with reversing a purchase from DJI?
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Can you provide us the video for further check? I would recommend you try to calibrate the IMU and compass and see if it works. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and black box for further analysis.
2017-12-20
Use props
The Pilot
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-20 02:30
Hi, sir. Can you provide us the video for further check? I would recommend you try to calibrate the IMU and compass and see if it works. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and black box for further analysis.

I have of course already tested IMU and compass cal.. And now the DJI rep told me that the new replacement unit needs to be sent in to DJI within 7 days from first testing the unit to be counted as a DOA case..
I thought it was 14 days from the first contact with DJI? It was 14 days from first contact with DJI on the first Spark i sent in, so why should that all of a sudden have changed to 7 days from first testing the unit?

But that will be hard since DJI has still not even sent me a shipping label and its 5 days already, also now its christmas weekends. I can of course not accept anything else than an DOA case, I'm not going to receive a used unit since my unit was brand new, and this is not my fault, its DJI´s products that are faulty.
Anyway here is a video clip, at the 4 second mark you can see how the whole picture "vibrates" for a brief moment. These kind of vibrations happens several times during a flight.
You need to watch the video clip in a fullscreen window for best viewing of the problem. So you need to expand the screen size in the lower right corner.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5FV2K83zqoMlBault9ewg24FRKIgAZL/view?usp=sharing

2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Pilot Posted at 2017-12-23 04:33
I have of course already tested IMU and compass cal.. And now the DJI rep told me that the new replacement unit needs to be sent in to DJI within 7 days from first testing the unit to be counted as a DOA case..
I thought it was 14 days from the first contact with DJI? It was 14 days from first contact with DJI on the first Spark i sent in, so why should that all of a sudden have changed to 7 days from first testing the unit?

Thanks for your update. I would forward it to our engineers for further check. Please wait patiently.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Pilot Posted at 2017-12-23 04:33
I thought it was 14 days from the first contact with DJI? It was 14 days from first contact with DJI on the first Spark i sent in, so why should that all of a sudden have changed to 7 days from first testing the unit?

Did you get the shipping label? Please provide me your ticket number or case number. Sorry for the trouble it brings, I believe our support will help you solve this.
2018-1-5
Use props
The Pilot
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Yes DJI exchanged the unit for a new one....which also had that exact same problem yet again (third brand new Spark unit with same problem). Ive had several other Spark pilots telling me they also get these same twitches with their Sparks, so it seems this is a bigger problem affecting the Spark model, just like the "horizon tilting at sideways flight" on the Mavic Pro (which i had on all 3 brand new Mavic Pro units that i got from the DOA case from DJI, and which most Mavic Pro´s suffer from, or actually it seems most DJI models suffer from this it seems....if not to the same degree as the Mavic Pro) ?
I hope the Mavic Air doesnt have any type of gimbal problems, but im higly skeptic. I have found myself requiring to send in DJI products as DOA or warranty cases too many times, much more than i have ever required to do with other brand products. It´s very unfortunate.

Anyway, this particular case is solved, thanks for follow up.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules