help with video cache
1036 5 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
armoured farmer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25010 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all i am a brand new Mavic owner i have managed to upgrade the firmware with a lot of hassle but got there in the end, i bought my drone mainly to expand my film making interest
i have set up my camera and gimble in the Go4 app, my sticking point is under general settings what should i set my video cache to

Thanks in advance Alan
2017-12-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The default is usually sufficient, I'd start with that and adjust with use. IIRC the default is 2GB cache space, overwrite when full.
2017-12-20
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Also, you can periodically sync your cache with the DJI cloud.  That way, you don't lose anything once your cache is full and it starts to overwrite the oldest stuff.  When I do that sync, I then clear the cache just to free up memory on my mobile device.  And keep in mind that your videos are being stored on your memory card, not the cache.  Is it really the flight cache that you're interested in, or the actual videos?
2017-12-20
Use props
armoured farmer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25010 ft
United Kingdom

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-12-20 09:09
Also, you can periodically sync your cache with the DJI cloud.  That way, you don't lose anything once your cache is full and it starts to overwrite the oldest stuff.  When I do that sync, I then clear the cache just to free up memory on my mobile device.  And keep in mind that your videos are being stored on your memory card, not the cache.  Is it really the flight cache that you're interested in, or the actual videos?

yeah it was the video cache i was concerned with, i have now set this to vid cache local and to overwrite at 2gb, i was a little concerned it would slow the processor down in my mobile device.

Thanks all
2017-12-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

armoured farmer Posted at 2017-12-20 11:55
yeah it was the video cache i was concerned with, i have now set this to vid cache local and to overwrite at 2gb, i was a little concerned it would slow the processor down in my mobile device.

Thanks all

This really depends on the device you are using and it's storage capacity and processor. If you have a 16gb mobile then 2gb is more than you'd need but if you have say a 256gb iPhone then setting it to 16gb shouldn't pose any issues.
2017-12-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

armoured farmer Posted at 2017-12-20 11:55

Thanks all

Unless you are using an older or nonsupported device, the defaults should be fine. If downlink video appears choppy, then you can try turning off the cache to see if the situation improves, recognizing that you'll lose much if not all of Go 4's video editing functionality.

If you have no problems and enjoy working with Go 4's video editing feature set, you might consider increasing the cache in order to keep older flights from being deleted. Myself, I enjoy occasional quick edits in Go 4 but much prefer to work with the full-res video on my desktop editor.
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules