Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 3 exact shipping date. Any idea?
12Next >
16596 71 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yamada.alex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I ordered the Phantom 3 Pro with the extra battery the next day of its announcement and I am really excited and impatient to receive my first ever drone. My customer reference number is 5866 so I should not be too far in the queue. When asking for confirmation of my order to DJI customer service, I was informed that (and I quote) "Please be note that your order was confirmed on late Friday and right now it is ready to go. But please be note that we will ship all Phantom 3 orders in late April."

Ready to go??? Then, I found that when checking my order status on DJI Store App that by clicking on Logistics Information that the name of the shipping company is already confirmed. It is DHL. So it seems some orders are already prepared and in custody of the forwarding company that is just waiting for the official release date to ship them.

So my question is why DJI is not annoucing the exact release date like other brands such as Apple? Why only mentioning Late April or Mid May? It is possible that they would have difficulties to please every customers by shipping all orders at the early stage of the release date but why not annoucing at least from which date they will start shipping? I can't wait to know...

Has anyone got a confirmation from someone about the exact release date?

2015-4-17
Use props
davemex
lvl.1

United States

Third party vendors are claiming that the product will be shipped to THEM from DJI on 4/22 with end user shipments planned for 4/28. I imagine 4/28 is close to when DJI will ship to us, or at least start shipping.
2015-4-17
Use props
arthurbuquen

France

What  dji store app you talking about?
Is it the same as the dji pilot app?
2015-4-17
Use props
yamada.alex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

arthurbuquen@gm Posted at 2015-4-18 07:06
What  dji store app you talking about?
Is it the same as the dji pilot app?

There is an App on AppleStore called DJI Store that is basically the mobile view of DJI store on a desktop version that features one information that you do not have on the desktop version until it is shipped that is the Logistics Information...
2015-4-17
Use props
arthurbuquen

France

yamada.alex@gma Posted at 2015-4-18 07:13
There is an App on AppleStore called DJI Store that is basically the mobile view of DJI store on a ...

Oh alright thankz
2015-4-17
Use props
lars.peters
lvl.1

Germany

There's an interesting interview with Randy Braun from DJI at NAB. Check out the time around 3:16 talking about start of production

Whatever it means "...... in the next few weeks ...."
2015-4-18
Use props
meiobenthos
lvl.1

Germany

@Tahoe_Ed: could you please confirm that shipping dates, as stated in the shop, are true?

I mean late April for the version without 2nd battery? I would need an alternative (doesn't mean I'll cancel my pre-order) to the Phantom 3 in case it cannot be delivered to me (Germany) before May 20th.
2015-4-18
Use props
kirius
lvl.1

United States

I really would like to have it before a trip on May 1st. Should I cancel my preorder on DJI and order with overnight shipping through a dealer??  Thanks
2015-4-18
Use props
msjh
lvl.4

United Kingdom

kirius Posted at 2015-4-18 20:29
I really would like to have it before a trip on May 1st. Should I cancel my preorder on DJI and orde ...

It's not exactly clear what you mean but cancelling and re-ordering can only mean you'll get it later.  May 1st is likely to be tight, based on publicly released info.  (I have no inside info)

You might get it by May 1st, but I'd plan the trip without it.  Any last-minute hitch in moving to production and DJI will lose a week or two: that's obviously not what they are planning, but I've worked in R&D and seen plenty of occasions when a last minute bug needed fixing.
2015-4-18
Use props
amstaff_loyalty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 546752 ft
Sweden

Many of us are not even guaranteed to get the P3 this summer, why?

A lot less people ordered Inspire and still had to wait 4months when it was released.
2015-4-18
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Production start is mid May :

2015-4-18
Use props
jimmyd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 219275 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My 2 cents:

They are selling tens of thousands of these P3s.  Production is and has been ongoing for a while now.  They are starting shipping to dealers April 22 and in theory they will ship to the first come first service buyers from April 22 onward.  Dealers have announced various shipping dates but we may see all these dates moved back some if they had to many tweaks and fixes after the April 8 launch.  A DJI rep told me the original shipping date was to be late February as did Drones Camps RC made the same slip of the tongue in a video on youtube (therefore the launch may have been  originally set for an earlier date)  Although, you can not believe everything you hear.  All these dates may have been pushed back if the P3 required software or hardware tweaks but it won't be like the Inspire 1 as it was a completely new system and the P3 is made up of P2, P2V+, and Inspire technologies - all tried, tested, and working for most people.  The Inspire was like going back to the drawing board in many respects.

Staples: Late May: http://www.staples.ca/en/DJI-Pha ... 619905_2-CA_1_20001

Drone Camps RC: April/May: http://www.dronecamps.com/#!prod ... onal-with-4k-camera

B&H Beginning of May: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... nal_quadcopter.html

I expect to receive my order early May. <- - - Do you see that DJI, Early May at the latest!
2015-4-18
Use props
hqcariello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6095121 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimmyd@houssen. Posted at 2015-4-19 07:01
My 2 cents:

They are selling tens of thousands of these P3s.  Production is and has been ongoing fo ...

"info I have is : we plan to start shipping for phantom 3 at the end of this month and for phantom 3 with extra battery at Mid-May according to payment sequence. No exact shipping date
I think we will have battery sold separately but still have no price info or time frame about it.
Sorry for all the inconvenience caused."
DJI storeagent01
2015-4-22
Use props
dji
lvl.1

United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-4-19 04:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVwXYgNWns

I don't trust most of what Randy said from the DJI booth at NAB. It's obvious that he was in the dark about almost everything P3. Typical of trade shows where these fancy clueless managers come to stand at the booths and shake hands with industry friends while adding no real value.
2015-4-22
Use props
ntfa
Second Officer

United States

Just my dumb luck.  Extra battery takes extra time.  Why is this?  I was hoping to fly something not as easily crashed as my helis's sooner
2015-4-22
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.1

United States

knarfboy Posted at 2015-4-19 04:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVwXYgNWns

Jesus! Who is that Randy dildo?

I was a factory rep for many years for a heavy construction machinery manufacturer. Many aspects of the equipment were computer-controlled. If I had ever shown up at a show without knowing every nut and bolt -- let alone every feature and benefit-- of every new machine, I would have been sent home before lunch on the first day.

I guess he's some tight-ass front office guy who takes credit for all the innovation and engineering but doesn't even know where the engineering offices are.

Why waste your breath asking him anything? And why should we waste our time waiting for him to know the answer to simple questions?
2015-4-22
Use props
yamada.alex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Why is DJI so silent about the expected shipping date for the first batch of P3???
Are they facing production problems?
What a poor communication...
I ordered directly to DJI website hoping that direct customers would be served in priority but I start thinking that I should have just waited and buy from a retailer here in Singapore...
How long are we going to wait?
Ed, is there anything you can do to give us some information about P3 shipping schedule?
2015-4-22
Use props
Harley This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-25
Use props
ntfa
Second Officer

United States

Lol,  I just moved up in line!
2015-4-25
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.3

United States

sweet me too
2015-4-25
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I pre-ordered the Pro without extra battery threw DJI and am customer order#277. I also pre-ordered with Amazon, and Amazon used to say shipping end of April. Now my status says May 15th.
2015-4-25
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.4

United States

I just checked my Amazon Order and it now says

Expected delivery: June 2, 2015
2015-4-26
Use props
jake1164
lvl.1

United States

I hate when that happens
2015-4-26
Use props
msjh
lvl.4

United Kingdom

yamada.alex@gma Posted at 2015-4-23 13:20
Why is DJI so silent about the expected shipping date for the first batch of P3???
Are they facing p ...

As you move towards production, there are constant last-minute things that happen to improve / delay actual shipment date.  This is the nature of new technology and project management.  If they constantly updated the public about every change it would cause disproportionate alarm.

They stated delivery dates at launch.  So far as I am aware they have not made any further announcements so I expect the first P3s will ship late this month.

Keep cool - I know you (and I!) want this asap, but it will be here very soon.

NB: I have no inside knowledge of DJI.  I am just a customer, but one that has worked in high tech for >30 years and had a lot of experience in new product launches.
2015-4-26
Use props
dmwierz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I pre-ordered on announcement date, 4/8/15, almost DURING the online introduction event, from Amazon. Just checked, and the status remains

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Release date: Friday, May 15, 2015"
2015-4-26
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.1

United States

They started shipping this morning, delivery date - 4/29. P3 professional no extra battery.
2015-4-27
Use props
firehousekidz
lvl.1

United States

I ordered on Sunday (two days ago) just got my tracking number should be here
By Friday
2015-4-28
Use props
ntfa
Second Officer

United States

firehousekidz Posted at 2015-4-29 00:19
I ordered on Sunday (two days ago) just got my tracking number should be here
By Friday

where from?  DJI?
2015-4-28
Use props
scrufytam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1026309 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered my P3 Pro + extra battery directly from DJI on 4/22. I'm number 19487. Says it will ship FedEx, but has not shipped as of now. Shipping status pending.
2015-4-28
Use props
tworent
lvl.1

United States

I was told today from DJI this

For the Phantom 3 Professional with extra batteries, it will start shipping around the middle of May.
For your order, since the shipping queue is 12483, we guess the shipping date is around  later than 20th of May.
2015-4-28
Use props
firehousekidz
lvl.1

United States

Yes from DJI only one battery. Order Summary

Order No.: 001117682291

Customer Reference Number: 22772

Order Amount: $1,259

Order Currency: USD
FedEx says it will be here by noon Friday
2015-4-28
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.3

United States

tworent Posted at 2015-4-29 10:04
I was told today from DJI this

For the Phantom 3 Professional with extra batteries, it will start s ...

damn that is a long time.. I honestly think having the unit with only one battery pretty stupid.. Personally I like 3 but 2 is a must.
2015-4-28
Use props
mjamesyates

United Kingdom

firehousekidz Posted at 2015-4-29 11:38
Yes from DJI only one battery. Order Summary

Order No.: 001117682291

It's stuff like that which is worrying me haha. I ordered on 04/14 and am yet to receive any information.
2015-4-29
Use props
firehousekidz
lvl.1

United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-4-29 11:46
damn that is a long time.. I honestly think having the unit with only one battery pretty stupid.. P ...

I have 9 batteries for my vision +. Wish they would of worked on both.
2015-4-29
Use props
firehousekidz
lvl.1

United States

mjamesyates@gma Posted at 2015-4-29 17:56
It's stuff like that which is worrying me haha. I ordered on 04/14 and am yet to receive any infor ...

From Dji? I got an email saying they are making a new pilot app that you will need to download and update the phantom. Also if you ordered extra battery it will ship separately mid May.
2015-4-29
Use props
courtney.woodho
lvl.1

United States

I ordered back at release date. Got confirmation today that it shipped and should be here in a couple days.
Very excited.
2015-4-29
Use props
ricky.stanton.h
New

United Kingdom

courtney.woodho Posted at 2015-4-30 11:33
I ordered back at release date. Got confirmation today that it shipped and should be here in a coupl ...

Mine says shipping but also still says pending? anyone have the same?

2015-4-30
Use props
nickw
New

United States

ricky.stanton.h Posted at 2015-4-30 19:29
Mine says shipping but also still says pending? anyone have the same?

I ordered a professional with extra battery, and it says that it is ready to ship, and that they created a shipping label on 4/29. Still won't give me an estimated delivery date, but it says it is shipping out of california. So hopefully it comes soon.
2015-4-30
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

nickw@premexc.c Posted at 2015-5-1 02:38
I ordered a professional with extra battery, and it says that it is ready to ship, and that they c ...

Nickw - When did you order?
2015-4-30
Use props
kevinh3682
lvl.1

United States

I ordered with extra battery and it has shipped via fedex.  Very surprised to see it shipping this early.  Currently in transit and in Hong Kong, says it will be here 5/5
2015-4-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules