Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost dji mavic drone found in camps bay south Africa
1990 20 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
faithley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116873 ft

South Africa

If anyone lost a drone in camps bay area here is the ad on gumtree

DJI Magic Pro has landed in our garden in upper Camps Bay.

We have charged the battery and switched it ON few times so it can send GPS location (can be traced from DJI app). We looking to return it to its owner.

Reply to this ad with a serial number and a proof of ownership; purchase slip/drone box/DJI conformation and of its a matching serial number, we will return it to you gladly.

Link to the ad

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-other-sports-leisure-items/woodstock/dji-magic-pro-found-in-camps-bay/1002175140720910026056409
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Sir, thanks for sharing the Lost and Found Notice. Hopefully the owner will see this timely.
2017-12-20
Use props
marka2k65
lvl.3
Flight distance : 594131 ft
United States

Thank you for being honest and trying to return the Mavic to it's rightful owner
2017-12-21
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-20 19:21
Hello Sir, thanks for sharing the Lost and Found Notice. Hopefully the owner will see this timely.

Susan, if he sends you the S/N could you not send an email to the owner so he knows?

2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CuaC Posted at 2017-12-21 06:44
Susan, if he sends you the S/N could you not send an email to the owner so he knows?

CuaC, I'd suggest to send an email with aircraft SN to the Support Team(support@dji.com), the designated team will take care of this.
2017-12-21
Use props
HugoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 816470 ft
France

I'm not the owner but many thanks for your kindness. Everyone knowing this forum should do this. =)
2017-12-21
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Check Susan's answer!

CuaC, I'd suggest to send an email with aircraft SN to the Support Team(support@dji.com), the designated team will take care of this.

Thanks for being so kind!
2017-12-22
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wish more folks would follow this example. Way to go.
2017-12-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is awesome. We need more good people like this.
2017-12-22
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-21 20:23
CuaC, I'd suggest to send an email with aircraft SN to the Support Team(), the designated team will take care of this.

A DJI reward perhaps to encourage more people to come forward with lost drones? It would be a great selling point in addition to being a well received service by DJI owners.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Celsus Posted at 2017-12-22 08:09
A DJI reward perhaps to encourage more people to come forward with lost drones? It would be a great selling point in addition to being a well received service by DJI owners.

Cool idea! I'll report to the management, hopefully they can consider this.
2017-12-24
Use props
faithley
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi guys thanks for the replies. I'm not the one who found the drone but I'm trying to help find the owner.  I posted here with the aim that the owner might see the ad here. I was going thru gumtree to see if anyone had a spark controller to sell (or donate lol. Im unemployed)  and found that ad first in line and decided to try and help the people that found the drone in their yard.
2018-1-24
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

droneworld in seapoint is one of the eminent dji supplier in Cape town - might be it is a local and good chance they got it from drone world. if they sold it they will have the owners details on file.
2018-1-24
Use props
fanscfd840d2
New

South Korea

Dear Faithlay,

Indeed you are an honest and kind person.

My name is Han and I am Korean. I traveled South Africa last month with my family for 2 weeks.

I liked everything there but sadly I lost my Mavic Pro at Cape point. I flew my drone there but the strong wind took it away. I was a novice drone user and I tried all my best to bring it back home but was unable to. I searched it desperately but I could not find it as it was getting dark.

Yesterday, I found that my phone has its last fligh data and now I know its GPS data and flight path. It will be in the bush field near the road. I wish I could go back there to get it but I am back in Korea. I can send you the detaild information if you can help me.

If you can go and find my mavic, I would like to pay you $150+shipping cost to Korea as a token of my gratitude. Hope you can help me on this. Thank you.
2018-2-3
Use props
fanscfd840d2
New

South Korea

You can reply me to
mannequin6@gmail.com
Or use whatsapp or viber.
My phone number is +82 10 3010 2773
My full name is CHAE Seung-han
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_q64BOA5L3qn5
lvl.1

United States

fanscfd840d2 Posted at 2018-2-3 11:41
You can reply me to
mannequin6@gmail.com
Or use whatsapp or viber.

I sincerely hope that this has a happy ending! It would make a great story!
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_q64BOA5L3qn5
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_q64BOA5L3qn5 Posted at 2018-4-4 05:13
I sincerely hope that this has a happy ending! It would make a great story!

With hindsight, the direct line of flight between Cape Point and Camps Bay is roughly 50k's so I doubt that it is the same Mavic that fanscfxxxxx lost.
I suspect his is still at Cape Point, being toyed with by the baboons!

Now! If fanscfxxx could post the crash-site GPS co-ords here, maybe some kindly soul could retrieve it for him!
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_q64BOA5L3qn5
lvl.1

China

djiuser_q64BOA5L3qn5 Posted at 2018-4-4 05:26
With hindsight, the direct line of flight between Cape Point and Camps Bay is roughly 50k's so I doubt that it is the same Mavic that fanscfxxxxx lost.
I suspect his is still at Cape Point, being toyed with by the baboons!

Last thing, fanscfxxxxx, what is the model that you lost? This could quickly solve your problem!
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_Dt61EJAvvFMo
New
Flight distance : 45482 ft
South Africa

Hi ive lost my dji mavic mini sunset beach area please contact me if u hear anything 0662685108
2020-3-15
Use props
faithley
lvl.1

Hi guys I only saw your replies now. The app doesn't show me any notifications about new messages I went in the app to see what was new and came across this post by chance again. I will try my best to assist where I can. I don't have a job. Thus I can't travel just for retrenched from work
2020-3-15
Use props
faithley
lvl.1

Hi guys I only saw your replies now. The app doesn't show me any notifications about new messages I went in the app to see what was new and came across this post by chance again. I will try my best to assist where I can. I don't have a job. Thus I can't travel just for retrenched from work
2020-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules