Inspire 2 Obstacle avoidance Issues
1927 7 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone, Wondering if someone can shed some light on my Issue.

Ive been flying indoors today in Manchester Cathedral with my ispire 2 without GPS in vision mode. In order to get the shots we required I had to turn off the obstacle avoidance as it kicks in far too early for my liking. So, I went into the app, disabled the obstacle avoidance, thought all was ok until i get up close to the ceiling. Obstacle avoidance kicks is and wont let me go any higher than about 5m below the ceiling.

After landing and taking a look it appears the upward facing infrared sensors are still switched on?? I cant see an option within the app to disable these seperately. Is there something I'm missing.

Also, as soon as i switched off the obstacle avoidance the inspire doesn't hold its position anywhere near as well using the vision system, does disabling the obstacle avoidance have an affect on the vision positioning system?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
2017-12-20
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

You could try atti.

It depends on the sort of shots your after. I imagine they are slow so maybe shoot 50P and slow it down in post by 50%.

Good luck mate
2017-12-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Atti would be possible but high risk. Use a P4P which is smaller and has 'narrow sensing' obstacle avoidance and no direct above aircraft warning.
You are willing to risk crashing a very expensive craft and causing damage?
2017-12-21
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-12-21 01:45
Atti would be possible but high risk. Use a P4P which is smaller and has 'narrow sensing' obstacle avoidance and no direct above aircraft warning.
You are willing to risk crashing a very expensive craft and causing damage?

Of course Atti would be possible. I know that already, but flying Atti in tight spaces with no vision positioning is not an enjoyable experience, especially with all the prop wash the I2 generates.

I don't own a Phantom 4 as to me its not a professional bit of kit, the image quality of the x5s is far superior. I'm just trying to find out if its possible to disable the upward facing infrared sensors as these are still active when obstacle avoidance is disabled, and also wether disabling the obstacle avoidance has any effect on the vision positioning system.
2017-12-21
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-12-21 01:55
Of course Atti would be possible. I know that already, but flying Atti in tight spaces with no vision positioning is not an enjoyable experience, especially with all the prop wash the I2 generates.

I don't own a Phantom 4 as to me its not a professional bit of kit, the image quality of the x5s is far superior. I'm just trying to find out if its possible to disable the upward facing infrared sensors as these are still active when obstacle avoidance is disabled, and also wether disabling the obstacle avoidance has any effect on the vision positioning system.

This?
2017-12-21
Use props
Rotor Aerial Ci
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ah! i didn't see this option, i was looking in the menu for obstacle avoidance. Why would you put this setting in the main controller settings menu when there is already a dedicated menu for the obstacle avoidance, why not put it underneath that?

The mind boggles. I do love DJI products, but sometimes they do things very strangely. Still cant get over why the aperture control on the cendence is stepped in increments, making it impossible to do an aperture pull.... just make the knob a smooth rotary control like the focus.
2017-12-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Rotor Aerial Ci Posted at 2017-12-21 23:31
ah! i didn't see this option, i was looking in the menu for obstacle avoidance. Why would you put this setting in the main controller settings menu when there is already a dedicated menu for the obstacle avoidance, why not put it underneath that?

The mind boggles. I do love DJI products, but sometimes they do things very strangely. Still cant get over why the aperture control on the cendence is stepped in increments, making it impossible to do an aperture pull.... just make the knob a smooth rotary control like the focus.

Possibly because it's not a visual sensor. VPS uses a combination of optical and ultrasounic sensising and the forward sensors use visual detection. This is the way some engineers think and classify stuff. So....

You could also have taped over the IR LEDs....
2017-12-23
Use props
JompFI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 550289 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi!
Is the IR sensor working in the Tapfly mode? Thanks!
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules