Props in video
1497 11 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

For those who use the P4A do you notice the props in your videos?  I’m looking to buy a P4A I currently own a mavic pro and I never see props in the video but I saw some videos from the P4A and P4P with the props in it.  
2017-12-20
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

any of the phantoms get the props in top view, only way really around it is angle the camera down a touch, or fly slower so there isnt as much far forward lean.... or edit it out afterwards
2017-12-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha RC,

Yes, the props do get in the shot if you do not plan your flight properly.  Just like the position of the sun, you have to plan for the wind direction, speed of flight, angle of the shot, etc.  For example, you can fly with the wind behind you and if you fly slower than the wind, you can tilt the camera higher than the horizon.  Same with hovering.  If you fly into the wind, the props drop down into the shot easily.  

Eventually, you can work with it to get great shots.  You will notice that not all Phantom videos have props in the shots.  Skilled videographers compensate for the various effects that cause props in the shot.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I agree with Cetacean. The propellers probably appear in Sports Mode. I'd suggest to fly in P Mode and take care of the aircraft attitude, you will not see the propellers in videos.
2017-12-21
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

We can choose to allow the gimbal to tilt up 30 degrees in which case it is normal for the props to come into view, also in sports mode flat out forwards they are certain to be seen, however in P mode with the 30 degrees tilt disabled they will stay out of the image unless there is a 20mph head wind.   
2017-12-21
Use props
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Thank you all for the replies, I greatly appreciate the information.
2017-12-21
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-21 02:17
Hi there, I agree with Cetacean. The propellers probably appear in Sports Mode. I'd suggest to fly in P Mode and take care of the aircraft attitude, you will not see the propellers in videos.

Actually isn't the case with the P4P. Even when I fly in GPS - (P) mode, the props still get in the frame/shots. You need to really slow it down a bit for the props not to show up.

Not a major issue because I can always make some adjustments in post production.
2017-12-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

With the right video editor and Gimp you can look for the frames with visible props and retouch it with Gimp and save back to the video. But the props can also used as a thumb sign of the camera man (pilot).
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-21 10:07
Actually isn't the case with the P4P. Even when I fly in GPS - (P) mode, the props still get in the frame/shots. You need to really slow it down a bit for the props not to show up.

Not a major issue because I can always make some adjustments in post production.

Thanks for clarification. That's why I suggested to take care of the aircraft attitude as well in P mode. Practice makes perfect.
2017-12-21
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-21 20:20
Thanks for clarification. That's why I suggested to take care of the aircraft attitude as well in P mode. Practice makes perfect.

True. I've been practicing on getting the craft to slow down in certain shots which has prevented the props from coming into the frame.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-22 04:38
True. I've been practicing on getting the craft to slow down in certain shots which has prevented the props from coming into the frame.

It's nice! Don't forget to share with us your works.
2017-12-24
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-24 01:58
It's nice! Don't forget to share with us your works.

Sure will.
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules