Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimabl Jitter
1789 17 2017-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koia Koia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 772867 ft
United States

I took my MP out for it's first real flight today.  While reviewing the footage from the SD card I noticed a far amount of jitter while panning.  I have seen much smoother footage from others and am wondering if I should excahnge my MP while I can or if this is camera settings.  I was using an nd-4 filter and had iso at roughly 200 and shuter at 80 while filming 4k@30.  I have a few weeks to still exchange via my local authorized dealer.  Any thoughts would be appreicated.  I can upload video but's it's unedited and mostly just me flying around our empty closed zoo.  

Thanks in advance.

K
2017-12-20
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Was it windy ? Are you using the new low noise props ?
Any footage will help us on the forum work out if its right or not.
2017-12-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You need to post an example of your problem.  The words you describe the problem may not be the same words someone else would use to describe the same thing.  In order to get the correct interpretation, you need to post an example with time hacks for the problem.
2017-12-20
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.3
United States

Link to video

Here is video.

2017-12-20
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Where is it in the video?  I'm not sure a lot of people will sit through a 8:30 video, it's helpful to know exactly where in the video it is you're talking about.
2017-12-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I got through over half the video and didn't see anything unusual, the worst offender being the compression artifacts and keyframe beats especially noticeable over large areas of flat color like the water and one of the grassy areas. I was expecting to see more frame loss on the fast pans and tilts, but they looked par for the course to me, which is to say, pretty reasonable considering the relatively slow 30FPS.

The Mavic's camera works pretty well for what it is, but it's still essentially a cellphone camera. To get significantly better video you're going to need to purchase a much more expensive model. That said, I didn't see anything in the first half of the video to make me think your Mavic is defective, so with practice and skill you should be able to achieve the same level of quality you've seen in Mavic videos elsewhere.

Hope this helps.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Koia, could you please upload an original video from the SD card to the Dropbox or Google Drive so I can download it for analysis?
2017-12-21
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.3
United States

That is the original link.   No post or compression was done.  Unless one drive automatically compresses or something.
2017-12-21
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-21 00:29
Hi Koia, could you please upload an original video from the SD card to the Dropbox or Google Drive so I can download it for analysis?

That is original from sad card
2017-12-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As others have said, other than the low resolution, it's a long video to be expecting people to look for something that they're not sure of.  Give a time stamp for an area you are talking about.  Also, check your camera settings.  Something is very wrong if this is video directly from the SD card.  It is VERY low resolution.  At 8 minutes plus, the file should be well over a gigabyte if you haven't edited it.  This isn't from your phone or other device, is it?  Take the card out of the drone, plug it into a computer, and download the video files.  I know nothing about Google Drive, but dropbox doesn't mutilate video, so it shouldn't be caused by that.
2017-12-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly, go into the app whilst the drone is turned on and connected to the RC then go to: -
>Main controller settings
>Advanced settings
>EXP
in here reduce the rudder from 0.25 to 0.20
then
>Sensitivity
in here reduce the 'yaw movement limit' to the minimum which is 50
DO NOT TOUCH THE GAINS - KEEP ALL OF THESE AT THE DEFAULT 100
Adjusting these settings will slow down the yaw and enable smoother pans.
In addition, you want to try and achieve what is called the 180 degree rule - essentially your shutter speed to be double your frame rate. So, in 4K/30p you want the SS at 1/60th. Note too that 4K is very compressed on the Mavic due to the low bit rate @ 60MBPS - for smoother footage change the resolution to 2.7K. You will also need to reduce the noise so aim to manage the exposure manually with an ISO of 100. In your case 1/60th SS and ISO 100 could have been achieved by not using the ND4. Also, ensure your ND's are high quality - poor ND filters can do far more harm than good to the footage (and the fragile gimbal motors).
I would also calibrate your gimbal on a flat surface and note the fast winds impact on gimbal performance too.
Hope all of this helps. If not, you may have a hardware fault and will need to present a proper reply to DJI Diana to get it fixed asap.
2017-12-21
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.3
United States

It must have been one drive it's 3.5 gb on my hard drive.  I'll try to upload to somewhere else and get a link.  Basically when I pan the drone you can see a stuttering in the video.  It looks like the drone is not panning smoothly but like it's moving in increments I don't know how to describe it I guess.
2017-12-21
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.3
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-12-21 11:43
As others have said, other than the low resolution, it's a long video to be expecting people to look for something that they're not sure of.  Give a time stamp for an area you are talking about.  Also, check your camera settings.  Something is very wrong if this is video directly from the SD card.  It is VERY low resolution.  At 8 minutes plus, the file should be well over a gigabyte if you haven't edited it.  This isn't from your phone or other device, is it?  Take the card out of the drone, plug it into a computer, and download the video files.  I know nothing about Google Drive, but dropbox doesn't mutilate video, so it shouldn't be caused by that.

Im not sure why it's not showing you the full uncompressed file.  When I follow that link even if I dont sign into one drive the download of that file is 3.57GB.  So not sure what the issue is there.  Thanks for your response.  There are really several issues throughout the video some im sure due to poor camera settings from me being a novice.  But the trees are fairly out of focus the water seems blotchy and then the jitter when panning.  Im sure some of this is operator errors maybe all of it.  So I apprecaite all that you guys have provided thus far.  I will continue to adjust settings and attempt to get better video that may be more definitive.

Thanks again
2017-12-21
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.3
United States

Probably the clearest part of the jitter is at 7:55 ish at the end.  Again this could just be settings but it just seems like when yawing it isn't smooth but more like it's going through notches.  
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-21 10:33
That is original from sad card

I can't open the link you provided for some reason. Anyway, you can try to adjust the settings like others suggested, if it persists, please upload an original video from the SD card to the Dropbox or Google Drive so I can open it and download it for analysis, thank you in advance.
2017-12-21
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-21 19:40
I can't open the link you provided for some reason. Anyway, you can try to adjust the settings like others suggested, if it persists, please upload an original video from the SD card to the Dropbox or Google Drive so I can open it and download it for analysis, thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... kq/view?usp=sharing
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Koia Koia Posted at 2017-12-22 05:08
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18jd9RTQ6pvbYfIyQChtMEIhVt-FsIdkq/view?usp=sharing

Koia, I didn't see anything unusual in this video, I would agree with the post 11#, have you tried to adjust the settings he suggested? If yes, how is it going?
2017-12-24
Use props
sica
First Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

There is a lack of autofocus in the video. have you changed camera settings? if you reset the settings to default! MP filming exceptionally even on the beaten sky!
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules