Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I received my P4PO today and charged the batteries and upgraded the firmware and tested it out in my yard today.  I started out with quite a bit of radio interference in the 2.4 and switched over to 5.8.  This cleared up the problem.  I raised the altiude to the quad and all 4 lights turned solid red.  The status warning stated Battery Error.  I flew the quad around a bit, and it behaved fairly well.  Perhaps some minor hesitation.  I landed it and took it inside for a bit to charge the other battery.  I then took out again with the same results.  Raise the altitude on the craft and all lights turn solid red, except when I stopped at 30 feet or so, and let off the sticks, the lights began to flash green again.  Raise it more and solid red.  I look at the battery status while its in the air and everything is red and says NA.  Any thoughts?

Also, if I put my hand over the top of the bird, it goes straight into ATTI, is that normal?  My Mavic and Spark do not do this.

2017-12-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'Also, if I put my hand over the top of the bird, it goes straight into ATTI, is that normal?'

Yes, it is normal. The GPS receiver is under the top of the aircraft. If it cannot receive GPS signals, it goes into ATTI mode.
2017-12-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bump, anything?
2017-12-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Did you check to see if the batteries needed a firmware update?
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Oracle, just to verify, the issue remains after changing to another battery, right? What's the current aircraft version? Could you upload a complete video for better assistance?
2017-12-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Susan, I will attemp to upload a video via a screen recording today.  I haven’t had sucess in the past uploading videos here.  What’s the best way?

Also, it’s not when changing a battery, it’s any battery.  The aircraft is one day old, as are the batteries.  Flew about 5 minutes combined on both batteries and landed for fear of loss.  
AC FW:  01.04.0703
R FW:  01.04.01.00
App: 4.1.20
Latest IOS.on IPhone 6 and IPad mini 4.  
2017-12-21
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-12-21 06:21
Hi DJI Susan, I will attemp to upload a video via a screen recording today.  I haven’t had sucess in the past uploading videos here.  What’s the best way?

Also, it’s not when changing a battery, it’s any battery.  The aircraft is one day old, as are the batteries.  Flew about 5 minutes combined on both batteries and landed for fear of loss.  

Can you post a picture of the battery screen in the Go App when the battery is in the aircraft and turned on?
2017-12-21
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-12-21 06:21

Also, it’s not when changing a battery, it’s any battery.  The aircraft is one day old, as are the batteries.  Flew about 5 minutes combined on both batteries and landed for fear of loss.  

Sorry, I meant can you post a screen shot.
2017-12-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

if I put my hand over the top of the bird, it goes straight into ATTI, is that normal?  My Mavic and Spark do not do this.

I do not have a P4 .... but they all use solid state GPS boards ... and if your hand is enough to cut the signal - then I say it is not normal. That indicates a weak situation. Allied with your battery problem - I think you have a system fault - IMHO. Sorry to suggest.

Let me give example of GPS .... my Lowrance uses a solid state GPS puck .... that sits INSIDE the yacht cabin with at least 20mm Fibreglass and 10mm foam between it and the sky. No problem at all.My Garmin - I can put in my coat pocket ... its still tracking.
My P3P - I can put hand over it and I may loose 1 or 2 weak sats ... but I still have good GPS
My 450 Drone ... I put hand over it ... no difference.
Take your smart phone ... call up the GPS function ... now cover it with your hand ... what happens ? I bet no change ... Mobile phone will not have stronger unit than your P4 should be ...

Even my SOLOSHOT3 which is the most sensitive ridiculous unit with GPS I have ever seen and used works with hand over the unit ... the tag with GPS that it tracks ... I can put that inside a model and still track out to max distance.

I dare to suggest you have a fault .... I could be wrong as the P4 is not in front of me ... but your opening post does not inspire me with confidence in your P4 ...

Nigel

2017-12-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tried again today, same results.  Thank you for the replies.  Shipping label printed, going back to Amazon.  Guess we'll try another.
2017-12-21
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-12-21 15:42
Tried again today, same results.  Thank you for the replies.  Shipping label printed, going back to Amazon.  Guess we'll try another.

Wow, sorry to hear about this. Best of luck with the replacement. Let us know how you fare. I just tried placing both of my hands over the top of my P4P+ inside and out. It did not switch to Atti mode. In fact, the GPS icon indicated 10 sattelites indoors and 12 outside, hand or no hands.

Jeff
2018-1-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, recieved a new P4PO a few weeks ago after having returned the first.  This one was fine and has given me zero issues.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules