Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Image Transmission Signal with OTG Cable
123Next >
19798 112 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans36f18b8f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48665 ft
United Kingdom

Hello...

Any ideas why i am getting this message when i am connected via oTG cable?

Weak Image Transmission Signal with OTG Cable

For some reason it looks like the Spark is connected using wifi as its also showing a signal strengh.....

2017-12-21
Use props
fans36f18b8f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Weak signal
6366CEA7-4126-4BD0-B638-198BDBD43E90.png
4D586AEB-FC9F-471C-8685-CCE42FD62111.png
2017-12-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This has been reported by others already and happens with the latest iOS App version 4.1.20.
2017-12-21
Use props
fans36f18b8f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 00:29
This has been reported by others already and happens with the latest iOS App version 4.1.20.

Thank you!

Was hoping that was the case
2017-12-21
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

Disable the wireless on your phone first.  That should force it to use the OTG
2017-12-21
Use props
fans36f18b8f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cookster670 Posted at 2017-12-21 01:48
Disable the wireless on your phone first.  That should force it to use the OTG

I always do..... still does this
2017-12-21
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

fans36f18b8f Posted at 2017-12-21 01:52
I always do..... still does this

Wow...that is strange.  This happened to me the other day when i forgot to disable wifi.  However this coulld have been before the latest updates.  (Don’t remember specifically).  

2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please use wifi connection instead and OTG cable may cause some problems with our app. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-12-21
Use props
Mildman
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 02:39
Please use wifi connection instead and OTG cable may cause some problems with our app. Thanks for your understanding.

Elektra, this is terrible advice and very irresponsible...DJI know that WiFi is a problem, especially on Android an in the Europe.   

You are risking people losing their Sparks, will DJI pay for the loss beacuae of your bad advice?

2017-12-21
Use props
Mildman
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Also Elektra, can you tell us the exact date of the fix on the Android 4.1.18 App, and what will be fixed.
5 weeks since it was released, and no news from DJI.
2017-12-21
Use props
fans94dbb457

Brazil

Having the same problem here. Just an FYI, using iOS, just upgraded my Spark firmware today as requested in the app. No issues with WIFI, but we all know the problems with this type of connection
2017-12-21
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Here too, was holding off on upgrading the DJI app, but my phone updated automatically - now no more other with iOS

I switched from Android to iOS for the otg - now it's back to Android with 4.1.15

As 4.1.18 Android is hosed as well as 4.1.20 on iOS - otg functionality is going backwards
2017-12-21
Use props
Ccolt1
Flight distance : 289068 ft
United States

I had same problem with my iPhone after the update
2017-12-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

How about DJI is solving the problems in the latest versions of the app, then?
2017-12-21
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

I think your home wifi access point is interfering.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-21 03:50
Also Elektra, can you tell us the exact date of the fix on the Android 4.1.18 App, and what will be fixed.
5 weeks since it was released, and no news from DJI.

Please wait patiently. Our engineers are working on that. Your requirement was forwarded. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-21 20:13
How about DJI is solving the problems in the latest versions of the app, then?

Sorry that I have no idea about the date of releasing this feature. And our engineers are trying their best. Hope it will be coming soon. Thanks for your attention.
2017-12-22
Use props
dkkbr3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37014 ft
Brazil

Same here with last iOS App. I even tried with the last 3 AC firmwares and got the same "Weak image signal" on all of them when using OTG cable. Normal with Wifi.
2017-12-22
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
United States

iOS 4.1.20 otg functionality lost here too
2017-12-22
Use props
fanse6bf1271
New
United States

Same here  "Weak image signal" when using OTG cable. Normal with Wifi.  but range is garbage with both
2017-12-24
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256549 ft
Macao

Hi, i just got my Spark yesterday, didn’t had much time to practice yet, but after updating everything, i connected my iPhone X to the RC using wifi, and was getting a very weak image, super slow and sometimes only half the screen had image and the other half was green…

Today i buy the OTG cable and tried to fly it for the first time and all was good with the cable, strange that the first time it take off, instead of hovering in the same place, it started to drift away, and sometimes would lower the altitude by itself, is this cause by interference on the compass or what?
2017-12-25
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

Hi on my spark lava red after the update I now have weak image signal transmission everywhere doesn't matter where I fly off from how can I fix this?? Also I'm using ios app and otg cable since wifi always had issues with remote from day 1
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Artur Macau Posted at 2017-12-25 06:30
Hi, i just got my Spark yesterday, didn’t had much time to practice yet, but after updating everything, i connected my iPhone X to the RC using wifi, and was getting a very weak image, super slow and sometimes only half the screen had image and the other half was green…

Today i buy the OTG cable and tried to fly it for the first time and all was good with the cable, strange that the first time it take off, instead of hovering in the same place, it started to drift away, and sometimes would lower the altitude by itself, is this cause by interference on the compass or what?

Hi Artur, I've received your message in PM, thanks! Does the weak transmission signal appear in every time when connecting with WiFi? Could you export the flight data for better analysis? Thanks in advance!

2017-12-25
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Artur Macau Posted at 2017-12-25 06:30
Hi, i just got my Spark yesterday, didn’t had much time to practice yet, but after updating everything, i connected my iPhone X to the RC using wifi, and was getting a very weak image, super slow and sometimes only half the screen had image and the other half was green…

Today i buy the OTG cable and tried to fly it for the first time and all was good with the cable, strange that the first time it take off, instead of hovering in the same place, it started to drift away, and sometimes would lower the altitude by itself, is this cause by interference on the compass or what?

The issues your having with OTG are the reason why DJI don't recommend using OTG.

Have you upgraded your phone to IOS 11.2.1 and the DJI Go4 app to 4.1.20
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2017-12-25 09:03
Hi on my spark lava red after the update I now have weak image signal transmission everywhere doesn't matter where I fly off from how can I fix this?? Also I'm using ios app and otg cable since wifi always had issues with remote from day 1

Hi there, double check, the weak image signal transmission appears when connecting with WiFi, right? If yes, please refer my reply in 23# and offer more data for analysis.
2017-12-25
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-25 19:36
The issues your having with OTG are the reason why DJI don't recommend using OTG.

All previous versions of the app had otg functionality- this is only in the new update - if you want otg support for iOS you have to stay on dji 4.1.18 or earlier - for android you have to stay on 4.1.15 or earlier
2017-12-25
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256549 ft
Macao

lannes Posted at 2017-12-25 19:36

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes i have done all the updates.
Today i made a few more practice flights and worked fine, but most of the time i see the weak video signal error ... but video was always stable, just when i move it up to 50 m i got the video lagging and jumping ..

When i check the wifi channels, i don't see anything on the graph, in this settings should be the signal from the RC to Spark right? of from the iPhone to the RC ?? cause i was using the OTG cable
2017-12-26
Use props
rickmo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23901 ft
United States

I updated my Spark firmware yesterday and the latest Go4 iOS app. Now I get WEAK IMAGE SIGNAL TRANSMISSION. I'm using a cable connection to the remote. How can YOU, DJI, tell us not to use the cable when this is obviously the best way to connect? Why did the UPDATE create this new problem and when will it be fixed????
2017-12-26
Use props
rickmo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23901 ft
United States

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-21 03:40
Elektra, this is terrible advice and very irresponsible...DJI know that WiFi is a problem, especially on Android an in the Europe.   

You are risking people losing their Sparks, will DJI pay for the loss beacuae of your bad advice?

What kind of advice is that???? The cable is the BEST way to connect. DJI needs to address this.
2017-12-26
Use props
fans221c6033
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9488 ft
Singapore

Same here with or w/o OTG. Tested on iPhone. Must rsolve before New Year. Either we lose nice photos or our Spark
2017-12-27
Use props
J.G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 172562 ft
Mexico

Same here with OTG on iPhone, any software update soon?
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_CoTaCpY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185049 ft
United Kingdom

J.G Posted at 2017-12-27 11:18
Same here with OTG on iPhone, any software update soon?

Just got 4.1.22 on android and the otg still is not fixed you can fly the drone but no telemetry still.
2017-12-27
Use props
djiuser_8wyZRv1
lvl.1
United States

Santa Claus brought me a new Spark.  I am having the same problem with the OTG cable and receive the "weak transmission signal" when I have disconnected the wifi connection and am "hard wiring" with the OTG.  However, when I enable the WiFi, I do not receive the "weak transmission signal".  I have the latest iOS app and did update the firmware on the Spark when prompted during the authentication process.
2017-12-27
Use props
Cameron Dasso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6115 ft
United States

I am new to DJI and have a Spark and Mavic Pro. I have been reading the endless posts about problems using OTG and the replies from DJI that currently they are not supporting it.

I also would like to connect to the contoller with a cable vs WIFI basically for the more positive gimbal control and no irritation image transmission glitches but in reality the connection between the phone and the RC is not a huge safety concern since the Spark will fly just fine without it and the RTH functions, pause button and all that work just fine without the mobile device. That being said it is still disconcerting and upsetting when it happens so of course I would like to eliminate that with a cable. But....

After watching old YouTube videos and reading posts where people also say that they were getting longer flight range with the cable, it seems pretty obvious to me what is likely happening.

The only way you would get any significant increase in the range of the drone by connecting the RC with a cable is that it increased the power provided to the radio. Just providing a wired connection between the phone and the RC would not have any effect on range if the radio signal between the drone and the RC was not increased.

More radio = more power consumption. the Spark has a small battery and already short flight times so sending it out beyond its intended range is asking for trouble and I have read lots of stuff where people were finding those limits with bad results.

My guess is that DJI will release an update re-enabling OTG function when they have restricted the radio range with it plugged in just like it is with WIFI mode now. So the positive connection will come back but the extended range will not is my prediction. That is fine with me because the Spark doesn't have the power or redundancy like the Mavic to be flying over a mile away anyway.

Of course all of this is just speculation based on reading all of this stuff and coming to the only logical conclusion as to why they would intentionally disable the OTG capabilities.

2017-12-27
Use props
Pauxier
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CoTaCpY Posted at 2017-12-27 11:39
Just got 4.1.22 on android and the otg still is not fixed you can fly the drone but no telemetry still.

Where did you get the update?
2017-12-27
Use props
fans36f18b8f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still having this issue......

2017-12-28
Use props
uhfordboy
lvl.1
United States

Cameron Dasso Posted at 2017-12-27 19:08
I am new to DJI and have a Spark and Mavic Pro. I have been reading the endless posts about problems using OTG and the replies from DJI that currently they are not supporting it.

I also would like to connect to the contoller with a cable vs WIFI basically for the more positive gimbal control and no irritation image transmission glitches but in reality the connection between the phone and the RC is not a huge safety concern since the Spark will fly just fine without it and the RTH functions, pause button and all that work just fine without the mobile device. That being said it is still disconcerting and upsetting when it happens so of course I would like to eliminate that with a cable. But....

Good points.  The primary reason I would like to use the OTG cable is to increase the reliability of the signal between the RC and the mobile device (iPad in my case).  I viewed several videos claiming they experienced some drops of the signal between the RC and the mobile device if this connection between the two is WiFi.  They state using the OTG cable virtually eliminates these signal drops.
2017-12-28
Use props
Sjd666 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

I’m getting weak transmission signal using a crystal sky via WiFi.
Dji still tell you use otg it’s  on the dji store for the recommended way to connect the spark to the crystal sky?
2017-12-28
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 820210 ft
Greece

Before a few day I buy my new iPhone X. When I make all the updates and I try to fly my Spark I see the "weak image transmition error" With the WiFi works but not so good with the OTG cable.
I believe that DJI gives a sollution to this issue ASAP because we need the bird these days for our trips.
Waiting for the update...
2017-12-28
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 19:36
Hi there, double check, the weak image signal transmission appears when connecting with WiFi, right? If yes, please refer my reply in 23# and offer more data for analysis.

No I was not using wifi Since on day 1 wifi had a bit slow response and was not working properly however Yesterday I did my first flight with wifi linked remote not too far though Everything was working and no Weak image transmission. However I think it be still nice to have a solid cable connection over wifi if you can please make it happen DJI.
2017-12-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules