2791 31 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, is this option still available? i cannot find it in the menu and i would like to download it because my area is poo for mobile data
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Are you referring to the Offline map? This option has been removed in the latest Android APP. I would recommend you cache the map before you fly the drone. To cache the map, please launch the APP, then Enter Device, open the map view page, drag the map to where you are going to fly the drone, then zoom in and zoom out the map.
2017-12-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you Diana, why was it removed? Is it because it's redundant due to being able to do it the way you've just said?
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-21 04:05
Thank you Diana, why was it removed? Is it because it's redundant due to being able to do it the way you've just said?

Bashy, the offline map was removed temporarily in Android due to the unstable HRER Maps. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.
2017-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah, brill, thanks for the explanation and, look forward to its return, such a shame you cannot use another ;)
2017-12-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-22 01:50
Bashy, the offline map was removed temporarily in Android due to the unstable HRER Maps. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.

Google maps please, the satellite view is so much more sharper and detailed
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lannes Posted at 2017-12-22 20:40
Google maps please, the satellite view is so much more sharper and detailed

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll report to our engineers as well.
2017-12-24
Use props
volleynerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25705 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-21 02:23
Are you referring to the Offline map? This option has been removed in the latest Android APP. I would recommend you cache the map before you fly the drone. To cache the map, please launch the APP, then Enter Device, open the map view page, drag the map to where you are going to fly the drone, then zoom in and zoom out the map.

I'm not able to follow your instructions to use a cached map DJI Diana.  Can you please explain further or tell me where I'm going wrong?

Android, Go 4 app version 4.1.18.  Not connected to the spark WiFi because I want to use the phone data to fetch maps.  Start Go 4 app, from the home screen, I click Enter Device.  It takes me to WiFi connection settings, waits for me to select a connection (presumably for a connection to Spark).  Cannot get past that WiFi connections to the camera/fly view in Go 4 app so I can see the map and other settings.

What am I missing?

Thank you.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

volleynerd Posted at 2018-1-7 21:19
I'm not able to follow your instructions to use a cached map DJI Diana.  Can you please explain further or tell me where I'm going wrong?

Android, Go 4 app version 4.1.18.  Not connected to the spark WiFi because I want to use the phone data to fetch maps.  Start Go 4 app, from the home screen, I click Enter Device.  It takes me to WiFi connection settings, waits for me to select a connection (presumably for a connection to Spark).  Cannot get past that WiFi connections to the camera/fly view in Go 4 app so I can see the map and other settings.

Hi Volleynerd, launch the APP, select Mavic or Phantom 4 PRO/ADV, then Enter Device, it will take you to the camera view page.
2018-1-8
Use props
volleynerd
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-8 00:36
Hi Volleynerd, launch the APP, select Mavic or Phantom 4 PRO/ADV, then Enter Device, it will take you to the camera view page.

Thank you DJI Diana!!  Had never seen or heard that step in the process.  Apparently only the Spark is picky about being connected before seeing the live camera view.

THANKS.
2018-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There has been so much confusion and even some minor misinformation about our flight maps.
I wish it was something that could be fixed and available, quite readily for everyone.

The differences between the Android and iOS versions,  is also something that seems weird to me.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I would greatly appreciate putting forth the idea that the HERE maps be done away with altogether.  In there place it would be much better if we could use Google Maps.  While I'm no true fan of Google their maps are far superior to those of HERE.
Thank you
2018-1-8
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-8 11:56
I would greatly appreciate putting forth the idea that the HERE maps be done away with altogether.  In there place it would be much better if we could use Google Maps.  While I'm no true fan of Google their maps are far superior to those of HERE.
Thank you

I agree google maps are far superior.
2018-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

We have our very own special map version in Canada.

I don't know if that has any respect to our Northern location or what.

Closer to the magnetic North Pole, for sure.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

volleynerd Posted at 2018-1-8 10:12
Thank you DJI Diana!!  Had never seen or heard that step in the process.  Apparently only the Spark is picky about being connected before seeing the live camera view.

THANKS.

Anyway, it is glad to hear that it is solved, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know. Have fun and fly safe,
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-8 11:56
Thank you

Thanks for your feedback, I'll forward it to the engineers. I hope they can consider it.
2018-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, please, another here for Google Maps, there is not a lot involved, just changed the api and a wee bit of code that calls the map from the api, a map change should be one of the easier things to implement and, it really should be a priority, also, can i point out that when we are logged into google on our phones, we can download our choice of map area too, so this would also resolved my original post, win, win

Ok, now for the cached map, i did this on numerous occasions prior to leaving home, when i got to location (3 miles form home lol) the  map screen was blank, black, nothing showing here kiddo, move along!! that sort of thing, i had to setup my phone as a wifi hotspot and then connect to it to get the map to work, surely this should have been cached already, when i was "caching" the map at home, i also did it in Hybrid too so that i had a choice of satellite and normal and also zoomed in as far as i could go in both map versions, did i do something wrong?
2018-1-8
Use props
volleynerd
lvl.2
United States

volleynerd Posted at 2018-1-8 10:12
Thank you DJI Diana!!  Had never seen or heard that step in the process.  Apparently only the Spark is picky about being connected before seeing the live camera view.

THANKS.

Well DJI Diana I tried these steps last night (choose Mavic Pro, Enter Device, see the maps, don't close the app, go back and connect to Spark, go to camera view).  Did not work as I expected.

I DID see the maps when entered in as Mavic Pro (not connected to wifi, of course dont have a device, so not connected to anything) using mobile data to get the maps.  All fine.  Then back out, connect to Spark, and in camera view.  No maps.  

Am I missing anything else?  Did not kill the app, should the Go 4 app be detecting the fact that map tiles for my area are available in the cache and showing me the map?  I see nothing in the lower left corner where the maps normally are.   (I dont see the round radar/compass control either, should I?)

Fell like I'm almost there...  
2018-1-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where is it on the IOS app..I was just looking today and coudn't find it. Thanks
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-1-9 23:54
Where is it on the IOS app..I was just looking today and coudn't find it. Thanks

Brian, IOS does not have this option. You can enable the Cache Map in the Background in General Settings.
2018-1-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-11 00:04
Brian, IOS does not have this option. You can enable the Cache Map in the Background in General Settings.

Thanks for the reply.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
2018-1-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Google charge developers to use their maps function, probably bcause it costs them a lot of money to maintain and refresh their map system. Therefore developers like DJI have to pay fees for the use of those maps. Here maps are so apalling it seems like they are the ones that Google rejected, so they are probably free or very much cheaper, this is why DJI use them.
2018-1-14
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-14 18:25
Google charge developers to use their maps function, probably bcause it costs them a lot of money to maintain and refresh their map system. Therefore developers like DJI have to pay fees for the use of those maps. Here maps are so apalling it seems like they are the ones that Google rejected, so they are probably free or very much cheaper, this is why DJI use them.

Understood...however, if so, that seems to fly in the face of the whole cutting edge quads they sell.  They go all out building and selling the most advanced drones a person can get their hands on and can afford (i.e. not cheap) and yet they wanna go cheap with the maps they use.  That seems really sad and disappointing.  I get the fact that companies are in business to make money but I don't see this as being ok as far as customer satisfaction goes and maximizing their drones full capabilities.
2018-1-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree Genghis, i dont think its a question of money, there must be some other reason behind it, i could be wrong, could be money but i think maybe its something more political? or somthing as simple as a change in the google api and it needs to be implemented or it could be because the app has adverts in it and perhaps this contrevens the google api terms and conditions
2018-1-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-1-14 22:08
Understood...however, if so, that seems to fly in the face of the whole cutting edge quads they sell.  They go all out building and selling the most advanced drones a person can get their hands on and can afford (i.e. not cheap) and yet they wanna go cheap with the maps they use.  That seems really sad and disappointing.  I get the fact that companies are in business to make money but I don't see this as being ok as far as customer satisfaction goes and maximizing their drones full capabilities.

I don't think the 'top' of DJI cares much about customer service. They pay lip service to 'customer satisfaction', but it is not backed up by action.
2018-1-14
Use props
GomerMarine
lvl.2
United States

Did I read that they were going to reinstall map downloading on a new firmware update.  Is 2019 and I dont see this option. I have the p4p+ V2.0 and could not find the option to download map
2019-3-29
Use props
GomerMarine
lvl.2
United States

Did I read that they were going to reinstall map downloading on a new firmware update.  Is 2019 and I dont see this option. I have the p4p+ V2.0 and could not find the option to download map
2019-3-29
Use props
GomerMarine
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for duplicate posts. phone glitch..
2019-3-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it is there, before you choose the drone type, click the menu at the top right, failing that, as long as you are connected to your wifi with internet, just browse the are of the map and it will cache that area
2019-3-29
Use props
GomerMarine
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-29 19:48
it is there, before you choose the drone type, click the menu at the top right, failing that, as long as you are connected to your wifi with internet, just browse the are of the map and it will cache that area

Thanks but I have a p4p+ which means mine has a built in monitor.  I don't have the same option.
2019-3-29
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

The plus controller can still down load maps for off line use. In the upper left corner on the home screen just tap the map icon (I believe it is the one on the right) it looks like a semi-folded map and follow the instructions.
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules