3640 86 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, i see its the UK's turn for the questions from tomorrow, why is it i have to read it in the media and not hear about it here 1st

Also, why is it you are changing the product that i bought, who are DJI to tell me what i can do with my AC,
I do not go to a shop and buy a knife and months later i have to answerr a quiz to use it

Not to mention my government will have ne sit a PAID for quiz next year, so why will i have to do 2 quizzes? out of ORDER DJI, well out of order
2017-12-21
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I am with you here. I paid out serious money to gain my PfCO, and now I have to pay out more next year.  But everyone tells you that aviation is expensive. Sure is.
2017-12-21
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Do you have a link.
2017-12-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

"
DJI launched a similar quiz for US pilots earlier this year. The UK-specific version has the blessing of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), which oversees British drone laws, and the ARPAS-UK, a trade association for remotely piloted aircraft. The quiz also precedes new legislation, due in spring 2018, that will force UK drone pilots to sit a safety awareness test. It's not clear, however, if DJI's knowledge quiz is the same, or supplementary, to this government exam. Regardless, it sounds like a good initiative to ensure drone-related accidents are kept to a minimum." ... Do your homework, fly sensibly and safely and be blessed ...
2017-12-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... nique&pm=custom

All they need to do is put flyers in the box explaining the R&R's many countries have very similar rules anyway, but grounding us, i paid for a drone
i own that drone, its not DJI's, leave it alone, i do not buy a car and when a new law comes out like the 20mph speed limit, i didnt have to sit a quiz
before i could drive my car again, leave things alone, its no longer your drone, i bought it off you in good faith, no warnings about restrictions, no
warning about quizzes, i know the the R&R's, i respect them and abide by them, but being grounded because of a quiz, come on DJI, get a grip, its
no longer you drone, its mine, if you want to play apart in it still and take control, then PAY ME like i paid you......
2017-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-21 06:21
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-introduces-knowledge-quiz-for-drone-pilots-in-the-uk?clickaid=sUF-EQZ16U9EYdSGtdpI83hJw9YGhtmn&clickpid=317173&clicksid=2d2714a1bef322298ae96074f74e6179&from=dap_unique&pm=custom

They do put information in the boxes pointing all towards the rules and regulations in the UK. But I suspect not many read them.

If it's anything like the U.S quiz then it will be a one off test (which will probably take less time to complete that writing this post), likely it is just DJI covering their backs against any liabilities. They could say the customer has verified through completion of the quiz that they understand the rules and regulations within their country.

If you know the rules and regulations then it is unlikely you will be grounded.

2017-12-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-21 07:32
They do put information in the boxes pointing all towards the rules and regulations in the UK. But I suspect not many read them.

If it's anything like the U.S quiz then it will be a one off test (which will probably take less time to complete that writing this post), likely it is just DJI covering their backs against any liabilities. They could say the customer has verified through completion of the quiz that they understand the rules and regulations within their country.

the whole point is being forgot about here, its the fact that they can mess with your purchase months down the line, you see, IF i update the FW and the APP i will be grounded until i pass the test, WHAT? i bought this item in good faith and now you are stopping me from using it in the way that it was meant to be used at the time of purchase, theres no law thats telling DJI to do this, they are doing it off their own back and whats more is, if i hadnt seen this in the media that was posted in another drone group, i would not have known anything about it until the app updates or some one else complaining on here, why didnt DJI inform us say a week or so ago?

Back to fiddling with my hard earned cash, surely DJI have broken the contractual binding that was made at time of purchase, i can no longer use my toy unless i take their, yes their quiz, and then next year i have to take a very similar one by my government that i will have to pay for, talk about a double barrel.

Well, i make a stand, i am not updating the app nor FW until a time that i see fit, or better still, roll back to the time of purchase,  get the very product that i actually paid for i  am not being grounded by anyone except law
2017-12-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-21 08:49
the whole point is being forgot about here, its the fact that they can mess with your purchase months down the line, you see, IF i update the FW and the APP i will be grounded until i pass the test, WHAT? i bought this item in good faith and now you are stopping me from using it in the way that it was meant to be used at the time of purchase, theres no law thats telling DJI to do this, they are doing it off their own back and whats more is, if i hadnt seen this in the media that was posted in another drone group, i would not have known anything about it until the app updates or some one else complaining on here, why didnt DJI inform us say a week or so ago?

Back to fiddling with my hard earned cash, surely DJI have broken the contractual binding that was made at time of purchase, i can no longer use my toy unless i take their, yes their quiz, and then next year i have to take a very similar one by my government that i will have to pay for, talk about a double barrel.

Bashy, do you actually foresee that you WILL be grounded because you will not pass the test? Then the easy and fast remedy is to study the rules for your country, and happily pass your test with flying honours  (pun intended)
2017-12-21
Use props
Marcy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

Would just like to add my 2 cents.my opinion after watching some droners carless extremely high flights that could possibly interfere with (aircrafts) Test All .some droners  should be grounded before someone gets hurt.just my opinion %
2017-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-21 08:49
the whole point is being forgot about here, its the fact that they can mess with your purchase months down the line, you see, IF i update the FW and the APP i will be grounded until i pass the test, WHAT? i bought this item in good faith and now you are stopping me from using it in the way that it was meant to be used at the time of purchase, theres no law thats telling DJI to do this, they are doing it off their own back and whats more is, if i hadnt seen this in the media that was posted in another drone group, i would not have known anything about it until the app updates or some one else complaining on here, why didnt DJI inform us say a week or so ago?

Back to fiddling with my hard earned cash, surely DJI have broken the contractual binding that was made at time of purchase, i can no longer use my toy unless i take their, yes their quiz, and then next year i have to take a very similar one by my government that i will have to pay for, talk about a double barrel.

Microsoft continue to mess with my purchases years down the line, a good example was the KB4041676 update in October that completely knackered my desktop several times before it was pinpointed.

" i can no longer use my toy unless i take their, yes their quiz"

Surely you've already passed that point when the machine was first activated, had their activation conditions not been agreed to by you then the machine would not be flying at all (a quiz by a different name). DJI are doing this with the encouragement and blessings of the relevant UK authorities to try and promote safe flying and reduce the need for them or the governments to put in place any more flight restrictions.
The alternative simple answer might be to ban all non commercial drone flights, and I'm sure none here would like that.

2017-12-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's not just the quiz is it,they restricted the height of dji drones, you buy a product marked as being able to reach what 19k ft is it? Yet further down the line they then restrict that to 500m, befor you get on your high horses, no, I do not want to go to great heights, I see no reason, but that's what I paid for, same as my car, its top speed is sold as restricted to 155mph and that's what it will do, just because the speed limit is 70mph does bot mean volvo can or will restrict it after I have bought it to 70mph. Do not sell a product as doing X when months later you then restrict it, that's not what I paid for. I'm not so sure win have heard of a company doing this before, same with this test, grounded until answered, what gives you the right to stop me using the product I paid for in good faith, there was no mention of quiz ex or restrictions or ground ono at point of sale, so do we get refunds now that the product can no longer do what it said on the tin.

Redacted due to inaccurate information

I very much doubt I would have issues passing the quiz, that is not in question here, the reasons behind the quiz and restrictions are not in question here, it's the principle, the product I bought and paid for is no longer what was advertised.

It's not law so why is it quiz, why is it not just the answeres and the customers click OK on each tooltip until all are read and then fly, quiz and grounding is over the top.

But like I said, out of principle, I won't be taking any quiz, I won't be updating the bird, rc or app, she's flies fine as she is.

Said my bit, you can carry on now
2017-12-21
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All

I can see both side here and I agree with Bashy on some points, I think maybe he is getting at the fact that DJI are trying to police the users but are themselves not governed by anyone on this so should they be able to restrict what you use your drone for without answering a few easy questions where the answers can be found online? I suspect as others have said it will be their response to try and appease the authorities to ensure that they are actively helping with safety therefore making it easier for their products to be sold over competition.

At least they are driving this forward in such a way that they are allowing the users take the quiz rather than just selling the items as software restricted permanently for personal use as a nanny modified item with limited possible impact to flight safety (then the commercial guys would have all the fun and the recreational market would drop).

I think that there is a need to ensure safety for drones but it is only because they are easy to fly with limited skill or training and can travel long distances with ease (normal RC Aircraft have been around a long time and this issue has never come up, but now they have high res cameras and are very stable).

There is an issue here that anyone can take the test for you so not sure it really proves much (it just means that the rules have been brought to your attention and that you have acknowledged them).
My only concern is that this really only affects good honest users, anyone wishing to stay off grid will just not update as Bashy suggested but the only problem with that is maybe safety updates for known issues would not be picked up and therefore possibly cause more issues.

Let the CAA do some regulation on it  and control it and maybe involve the community of users on it during the process?

Sorry Bashy I think test will be here from now on thanks to the idiots who cant fly responsibly (they did the same with cars when they were first invented!)

I do agree though once you have purchased and item it should be yours to do with as you see fit.

2017-12-21
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-introduces-knowledge-quiz-for-drone-pilots-in-the-uk?clickaid=sUF-EQZ16U9EYdSGtdpI83hJw9YGhtmn&clickpid=317173&clicksid=2d2714a1bef322298ae96074f74e6179&from=dap_unique&pm=custom

The story don't tell anything about what stop people doing stupid/dangerous things after the test has been done ...

I have always claimed that, just because you can does not make it a good idea to do it, DJI really should stop making their customers test animals for all their odd ideas!
2017-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i know the the R&R's, i respect them and abide by them, but being grounded because of a quiz, come on DJI, get a grip, its no longer you drone, its mine,
Get a grip ... it's simply DJI making people aware that there are rules.
And as for being grounded which is your whole "argument",  it's not much of an argument when the questions are super easy and if you are so intellectually challenged to fail, you simply try again until you pass.
That sort of takes any wind out of your sails.
2017-12-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A two minute job that even indicates whether the answer you have chosen is correct or not before you submit it, and gives the opportunity to change it before submitted. It's a simple teaching package for the 27% that apparently will buy these devices over Christmas without any prior knowledge of rules or regulations. It is making them aware.

Edit:- for reference, needs to be completed for each aircraft you own. And DJI Go 4 V4.1.20 ensures that you sign into your account.

2017-12-22
Use props
fanse3badb5d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 836319 ft
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2017-12-21 04:51
I am with you here. I paid out serious money to gain my PfCO, and now I have to pay out more next year.  But everyone tells you that aviation is expensive. Sure is.

I doubt you will be required to do the new test if you already have PFCO
2017-12-22
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-21 11:52
It's not just the quiz is it,they restricted the height of dji drones, you buy a product marked as being able to reach what 19k ft is it? Yet further down the line they then restrict that to 500m, befor you get on your high horses, no, I do not want to go to great heights, I see no reason, but that's what I paid for, same as my car, its top speed is sold as restricted to 155mph and that's what it will do, just because the speed limit is 70mph does bot mean volvo can or will restrict it after I have bought it to 70mph. Do not sell a product as doing X when months later you then restrict it, that's not what I paid for. I'm not so sure win have heard of a company doing this before, same with this test, grounded until answered, what gives you the right to stop me using the product I paid for in good faith, there was no mention of quiz ex or restrictions or ground ono at point of sale, so do we get refunds now that the product can no longer do what it said on the tin.

I very much doubt I would have issues passing the quiz, that is not in question here, the reasons behind the quiz and restrictions are not in question here, it's the principle, the product I bought and paid for is no longer what was advertised.

You may have failed to understand what the figure 19k ft represents.

From the specifications :
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level        19685 feet (6000 m)
This is simply aeronautical lingo to indicate the maximum height at with the motors and propellers will be able to keep the bird in the air. It does NOT mean that it can fly from sea level all the way up to 19.685 ft, but that if you go on a mountain at 18,045 ft ASL then you can start it from there and be able to fly it up for another  1640 ft (but I wouldn't bet on it to the last inch...)
Furthermore, in the instruction manual it is also clearly stated that :
"Maximum flight altitude and radius limits may be changed in the DJI GO App. Be aware that the maximum flight altitude cannot exceed 1640 feet (500 meters). In accordance with these setting, your Phantom 4 will fly in a restricted cylinder, as shown below. "
In other words the P4 -and the P4P-  since they were released- have that limitation, it was NOT  introduced after you bought yours...

2017-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse3badb5d Posted at 2017-12-22 11:30
I doubt you will be required to do the new test if you already have PFCO

Yes they do...
2017-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look, the point i am trying to make is, they are messing with my product after i have bought it, its the principle,
If i go and take a dent out of someones car, they pay me X amount, i dont pop back a few months down the line
and put a little of that dent back in do I? No, i do not, I dont buy a gun  and a few months down the line they come
into my home and restrict it do they (NOT UK) If i go to the shop and buy a knife, they do not come after me months
down the line and blunt it a little or say i cannot use it until i have taken a test do they? or power tools or petrol
chainsaws, from what ive seen in some movies perhaps they should with chainsaws

This is the only product i know and bought that has stopped me from using it months after purchase, its the principle
DJI take my money yet they still have full control of my hard earned purchase, yes, FULL control, thats grounded.

Labroides, i do not care if they are "super" easy or "super" hard, its the principle, not to mention the sneaky tactics to
get the quiz to you, theres no mention on the app store about UK test, just US, no change to version either, i bought
the Nvidia K1 yesterday and obviously needed to install the app, i checked 1st and there was no mention of the above
in the app store, so i downloaded it and yep, had to do the test after all they snuck in the update, if they can do
that they can easily update the info, its on the same page.

I am all for saftey etc, just nor for messing with my goods after i have bougth them.

Thanks for clearing that up Antonio76, not got a clue why i thought it was added later.
2017-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-22 20:54
Look, the point i am trying to make is, they are messing with my product after i have bought it, its the principle,
If i go and take a dent out of someones car, they pay me X amount, i dont pop back a few months down the line
and put a little of that dent back in do I? No, i do not, I dont buy a gun  and a few months down the line they come

I am all for safety etc, just nor for messing with my goods after i have bought them.

The point is that there is no point.  This is only in your imagination.
DJI haven't done anything to mess with your Phantom after you bought it.

As an example of how you are confused ....
they restricted the height of dji drones, you buy a product marked as being able to reach what 19k ft is it? Yet further down the line they then restrict that to 500m
If your Phantom could climb to 6000 metres, it would take 20 minutes to get there and a further 33 minutes to come back again and that's not counting some serious technical problems that would prevent you doing that anyway.
DJI have never made a Phantom that could do that.
Since the first P3 was released, long ago, Phantoms have always had a max altitude of 500 metres above launch point.
Try to stick to actual facts.
If you want to complain, complain about something real rather than wild imaginings.
It would also help your case if it was something that actually caused you some real inconvenience or loss.
2017-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have already said in my previous reply about that, please read all my replies if you must reply to my posts

There is something that HAS caused me inconvenience, being grounded until i complete a quiz, i dont like it, you dont care, move on.....
Youve said your part i have said mine, there is no need to keep going round in circles
2017-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-22 22:32
I have already said in my previous reply about that, please read all my replies if you must reply to my posts

There is something that HAS caused me inconvenience, being grounded until i complete a quiz, i dont like it, you dont care, move on.....

There is something that HAS caused me inconvenience, being grounded until i complete a quiz, i dont like it.
And it took you much less time than you've spent complaining about it.
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats not the point though is it, my point is the  product i bought has changed in a way where i couldnt take off unless i completed a quiz, thats not what i paid for.
You keep missing the point and i keep repeating, lets just leave it at that, pointless going round in circles
2017-12-23
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

There are principles involved in this and it is up to governments to legislate and police their laws not third party equipment suppliers. The perfect example is the motor car industry, most countries have national speed limits and most car manufactures produce cars that can exceed them, they neither restrict nor require the completion of a quiz before you can drive their product of the forecourt. Owners are responsible for their actions and deserve to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if they have broken a law by the legislation of the country and its judiciary.
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I beleive that to be the same with guns? once licensed you go get one, no quizzes from  Mr Colt
2017-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-23 00:31
Thats not the point though is it, my point is the  product i bought has changed in a way where i couldnt take off unless i completed a quiz, thats not what i paid for.
You keep missing the point and i keep repeating, lets just leave it at that, pointless going round in circles

You keep missing the point
There was no point in the first place
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you just deliberately trying to disrupt my thread or what, ive already told you what the point is, your replies now are just immature, if you can not see or understand my point thats not my problem its yours, just move on to the next person to bug and leave this thread alone please.
2017-12-23
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-12-21 09:26
Bashy, do you actually foresee that you WILL be grounded because you will not pass the test? Then the easy and fast remedy is to study the rules for your country, and happily pass your test with flying honours  (pun intended)

Bashy is 100% right, DJI do not have the right to make controls above and beyond those made by the country you live in, they are not your elected authority. DJI have to right not to sell their product but not the right to limit its use as they see fit.

Antonio76, you are right as you point out the effort involved is not worth it, but it is a matter of PRINCIPAL.
2017-12-23
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-22 06:13
The story don't tell anything about what stop people doing stupid/dangerous things after the test has been done ...

I have always claimed that, just because you can does not make it a good idea to do it, DJI really should stop making their customers test animals for all their odd ideas!

Well said.
2017-12-23
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-22 07:00
i know the the R&R's, i respect them and abide by them, but being grounded because of a quiz, come on DJI, get a grip, its no longer you drone, its mine,
Get a grip ... it's simply DJI making people aware that there are rules.
And as for being grounded which is your whole "argument",  it's not much of an argument when the questions are super easy and if you are so intellectually challenged to fail, you simply try again until you pass.

Hi Labroides, it is not often that I would question your opinion, but in this case I think you are wrong. Well not exactly wrong just weak. There is a point when one has to take a stand, it is a matter of principal. If we do not say stop, this is enough, then the next control will be introduced and so on until it is no longer a case of well meant controls it has become tyranny.
2017-12-23
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-23 01:51
Bashy is 100% right, DJI do not have the right to make controls above and beyond those made by the country you live in, they are not your elected authority. DJI have to right not to sell their product but not the right to limit its use as they see fit.

Antonio76, you are right as you point out the effort involved is not worth it, but it is a matter of PRINCIPAL.

Well, I call on my principles on worthier causes...  
2017-12-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-23 02:31
Hi Labroides, it is not often that I would question your opinion, but in this case I think you are wrong. Well not exactly wrong just weak. There is a point when one has to take a stand, it is a matter of principal. If we do not say stop, this is enough, then the next control will be introduced and so on until it is no longer a case of well meant controls it has become tyranny.

Dockater
Agree...
As I have noted multiple times here I could not agree more with this protest and the reasons for it.
Sure some say why fall on your sword over it, there are more serious issues to be concerned about etc. etc.  Others say let it go there is nothing to see here yadda yadda yadda.
Well, it is this constant BS mission creep that torques my handle.  First it is lock outs after the fact, then further restrictions, and now you MUST take a bloody test just to use your property where previous you did not and in some folks case they are certified by their countries controlling agency and has passed a far more extensive test (which is OK in my book) and there in lies the rub.  DJI is not a controlling agency for me and nor do they have controlling authority, they are just a retail product sales company and I am to them a customer.  
I appreciate Aardvarks comment about MS constantly changing their product.  OK, first their premise is and always has been how can they make their product faster funnier to improve your experience and to ensure it remains secure from hackers etc. (granted it does not always work as they'd hope but that is their intent).  The difference here is DJI is restricting the use or our paid for property after purchase for things that they DO NOT have the authority to do.  Granted they have the ability to do it, we have seen that, but if I fail the test what can really happen NOTHING legally or otherwise.  Now maybe that is the question one should ask, what if you don't meet DJI requirements or standards but you do meet your country's then what...?...lawsuit maybe, loss of sales possibly either way they are not endearing themselves to a good cross section of their customer base.
Lastly, no test on the planet is going to make or stop some idiot from doing something stupid or unlawful never ever will it happen...as they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions and that is no less so here.
In sum, I will agree that as long as we choose to use their app then we are going to be subject to these changes, regardless of how onerous they are, so we will either need to stop using it or stop updating or both.  Otherwise DJI is free to do what they do when they do it like it or not...I for one do not like it one darned bit!!!
2017-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-23 02:31
Hi Labroides, it is not often that I would question your opinion, but in this case I think you are wrong. Well not exactly wrong just weak. There is a point when one has to take a stand, it is a matter of principal. If we do not say stop, this is enough, then the next control will be introduced and so on until it is no longer a case of well meant controls it has become tyranny.

You are correct.
How dare DJI come up with a novel way of informing new users that there are rules that apply.
How dare they take a minute or two of our precious time and they even won't let you take off until you get he (admittedly) easy test correct
It's just the thin end of the wedge.
Next they will probably prevent you flying on days that end in a Y.

How dare they.
2017-12-23
Use props
fanse3badb5d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 836319 ft
United Kingdom

It is not unique to DJI to change things without your knowledge, etc almost all cyber companies do it. Apple ( as per recent news), Microsoft, Google and its Apps. It is the way of the modern world nowt you can do about it. Just switch of the wifi and don't update or  access the internet.
2017-12-23
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I think the question should also be asked as to whether this is done entirely at the instigation of DJI or are they responding to, or being told by, local government departments, that they must have this sort of control or they will not be allowed to sell their drones in the EU or elsewhere. Reading a lot about drone regulations and meetings etc., it is perfectly clear that there is a large degree of pressure from governments to regulate drones in whatever way they can. Not necessarily always a bad thing, and of course perhaps make some money, or save some ,money, on the side too. By asking DJI to implement this quiz may be for just that reason, as to me it seems totally against logic that a company would ground the products they have sold, or otherwise limit their use, as there is no benefit to themselves save for perhaps a reduction in the number of 'drone incidents'. I am not clever enough to know why other drone companies are not able to to this too, perhaps their software/firmware is not of the same standard. I have just got myself a racing drone for Christmas, and that can fly at huge speeds, but I will not have to take a quiz to fly it.
Regulation is vital to avoid accidents and to try and keep idiots from flying these things. Sadly as Genghis has already pointed out the latter will never happen. To do it this way is in my opinion wrong, although I do support the principle behind it. Perhaps it would be better if it were like the Safety 'video' that you can watch at the beginning when firing up the controller, make it optional and perhaps earn DJI points instead.
2017-12-23
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I should have added that the Quiz was supposed to be implemented in the UK this Friday, courtesy suasnews, but still no sign.

2017-12-23
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

PS Just updated my Spark firmware and lo and behold the Quiz is there.
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yeah, had on the new nvidia too
2017-12-23
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It seems that it marks your answers as you go along. If you get a tick you are correct.  No gold star at the end though.
2017-12-23
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-23 03:41
You are correct.
How dare DJI come up with a novel way of informing new users that there are rules that apply.
How dare they take a minute or two of our precious time and they even won't let you take off until you get he (admittedly) easy test correct

Thank you, now I can agree with your opinions completely.

Have a Happy Christmas, Dockater.
2017-12-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules