1507 13 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Hi,

as I just read something about a spark-pilot that lost is drone and the fact that dji says he has to solve this issue by contacting the vendor the drone was bought I´m courious about if the dji-care I bought for my spark that I have bought at a local dealer is maybe completely useless?
Or will it cover the issues it is made for for me too?

Thank you.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, xfirf_, you can select to contact your dealer for assistance or contact our support directly if any thing happens.
Please check the process of DJI Care Refresh service below. Thank you. process.png
2017-12-21
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Germany

Hi Mindy,

This does not answer my question in any way.
2017-12-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The DJI care is maybe useless, as soon the Drone is not returnable.
Read the terms.
That is for 'pilot error', chrashing, ...., and needs the hardware. (Mostly, exceptions happen, like you can find in the forums)

In case of a flyaway, a loss which is not your fault (you think), the warranty is the thing to go for.
Which, in my understanding, is almost always to do via your dealer.
Or contact the support directly
2017-12-21
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-21 22:10
The DJI care is maybe useless, as soon the Drone is not returnable.
Read the terms.
That is for 'pilot error', chrashing, ...., and needs the hardware. (Mostly, exceptions happen, like you can find in the forums)

Hi,

thanks.
I know that DI care (refresh) is not replacing me anything when I crash the drone by myself.
I have bought it beause of the coverage of falling from the sky into water, for example, without beiing caused by my missusage or errors controlling it.

But from what I have read now it seems that buying dji care (refresh) is a waste of money if the drone itself has not been bought directly in the dji-online-store. <- This is the question I want to get answered.

Also the resellers do not have the technical expertise to analyze the issues so they would even send it in to dji for analyzing or woud have to send in the logs from the rc / smartphone.
2017-12-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

'I know that DI care (refresh) is not replacing me anything when I crash the drone by myself.'

Read the terms, please!
My understandig is:
When you chrash your drone yourself, by pilot error, misjudging a situation, distance, ...., care refresh will get you "back in the air again as quickly as possible"

for a lower repair cost or for one of the 2 possible changeable newish drones

It is a insurance, like the one you can often buy for smartphones. Water damage, screen, .....
Has nothing to to with warranty, is extra and on top!

But maybe I am not 100% right about this.
2017-12-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The DJI refresh is independent of who you bought the drone from, the service is with DJI direct .

The warranty is what ties you somewhat to the seller you bought the new drone from, the warranty is only applicable in the country of purchase. You may have to send the drone back to the seller for them to assist in the warranty service, but you can also go direct to DJI with the supporting paperwork.
2017-12-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Hi, see also the responses at 6# and 7#. And to finally answer your question: Yes, you can get care refresh independently from where you have bought. But you have to do it within 48 hours after activation of your drone if you want it the easy way. There is also a procedure for getting it after the 48 hours which is explained on the care refresh website posted above by DJI Mindy.
2017-12-21
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 23:36
Hi, see also the responses at 6# and 7#. And to finally answer your question: Yes, you can get care refresh independently from where you have bought. But you have to do it within 48 hours after activation of your drone if you want it the easy way. There is also a procedure for getting it after the 48 hours which is explained on the care refresh website posted above by DJI Mindy.

Hi Wachtberger, s-e-ven and lannes,
Thank you for helping me understanding it better.

I bought it the day I bought the drone, so this is no issue.

But I was confused a bit about the "for what to use it" as I read a weird discussion and responses to a flown-away thread on a german spark-group at facebook.
2017-12-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-21 23:41
Hi Wachtberger, s-e-ven and lannes,
Thank you for helping me understanding it better.

The 'fly away' cases are really complicated.
As you 'often' dont have a drone to return
And DJI says 'no drone, no warranty/care refresh', generally.
Which will probably be a lost case (attention, wordplay ;-), if someone has a phone flight record, which stops at 100+ feet in the air or such.
Seems, to me, hard to prove, that it wasn't a drone problem.
That, I think, is the reason that DJI has delivered to some cases I have read about here, new Sparks and other Drones.
But the warranty is for DJI related trouble, the care refresh for pilot related stuff, like wrong stick movings. P.ex. fly it backwards but think it is forward and have to turn left to avoid something to the right..., you get the picture I think
2017-12-23
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-23 07:39
The 'fly away' cases are really complicated.
As you 'often' dont have a drone to return
And DJI says 'no drone, no warranty/care refresh', generally.

Thank you for this great explanation.
2017-12-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

xfirf_ Posted at 2017-12-23 07:50
Thank you for this great explanation.

Your welcome.
Merry X-mas
2017-12-23
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I am surprised that any company will replace a product that is lost.  Without a damaged drone returned to the repair site, I bet the owners are just trying to get another free drone to park on their shelf next to their first one.  

All drone owners are honest!?!?  Sure they are.  You can tell by their disregard for national rules on flying drones over cities and far beyond where they can see and avoid hospital helicopters.  They seem like the kind of people to scam a second drone for their relatives.
2017-12-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-12-23 08:51
I am surprised that any company will replace a product that is lost.  Without a damaged drone returned to the repair site, I bet the owners are just trying to get another free drone to park on their shelf next to their first one.  

All drone owners are honest!?!?  Sure they are.  You can tell by their disregard for national rules on flying drones over cities and far beyond where they can see and avoid hospital helicopters.  They seem like the kind of people to scam a second drone for their relatives.

Without a flight record from your phone/tab which is supporting your case, there is for sure no replacement to expect.
2017-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules