Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Apple throttling processor speeds on older devices.
1565 12 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

This isn't good if true!  No wonder the older devices that used to work with GO are breaking up video feed.

Apple slows processor speed on older devices.

2017-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And an alternate source for verification:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42438745

2017-12-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sly ploy to keep the sales of new ones increasing.
2017-12-21
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-21 07:13
And an alternate source for verification:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42438745

They should have warned users before doing it, and they should provide an inbuilt App to monitor the actual health of the battery, so that a user could decide †o have it changed -or not.
2017-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-12-21 07:58
They should have warned users before doing it, and they should provide an inbuilt App to monitor the actual health of the battery, so that a user could decide †o have it changed -or not.

Yes, these foreign companies can't be trusted

Life would have been easier if they'd just made the batteries user replaceable.
2017-12-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

I bought a new iPad Pro 10.5" A10X to deal with the issues my older iPad Air 2 was having thinking it would speed up the GO mess.  When the Pro was new a couple of months ago, the battery charged up fast and drain was very slow.  Since Apple put out iOS 11 from the iOS 9 or 10 it came with, the charging has slowed way down and the run power time seems less too.  Okay, I'm seeing the GO 4 video breakup on it too along with a lot of "Disconnected" screens from GO 4.1.18 too which might be Apple screwing with the USB port with some charging vs. data communication switching which requires me to unplug and replug the cable (Both Air 2 and the Pro both.).

Between Apple messing with iOS and their intentional slowing down of the processor, along with DJI messing up each version of GO, this is turning into a flying nightmare.   
2017-12-21
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-21 08:05
Yes, these foreign companies can't be trusted

Life would have been easier if they'd just made the batteries user replaceable.

Just downloaded a free App from the App Store "Battery Life". On my old as Metuselah iPad 4th Gen. (5 years old and used a LOT! it says battery has lost 16%  of its capacity. On the iPhone 5s (inherited from wife, which used it even more extensively for 2 years), capacity loss of 17%. On the new iPad 5th gen, 1 year old, capacity loss of 3%.  Now where do I find WHEN the batteries should be replaced?
2017-12-21
Use props
Walk The Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111955 ft
Canada

I think something that is being missed here is the output each battery is capable of, the directed message should mention more talk of the requirements of each processor to just to run the OS.  

Fictitious numbers my example below.  

iOS9 idle 10%
iOS10 idle 15%
iOS11 idle 20%

% represents the used resources of the “computer” used at idle.  We see this occur with most commercial and consumer equipment.  I’d rather have a slower device with longer duration.  
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Not happy to read this news. Ah, my ancient iPhone...
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-21 08:46
I bought a new iPad Pro 10.5" A10X to deal with the issues my older iPad Air 2 was having thinking it would speed up the GO mess.  When the Pro was new a couple of months ago, the battery charged up fast and drain was very slow.  Since Apple put out iOS 11 from the iOS 9 or 10 it came with, the charging has slowed way down and the run power time seems less too.  Okay, I'm seeing the GO 4 video breakup on it too along with a lot of "Disconnected" screens from GO 4.1.18 too which might be Apple screwing with the USB port with some charging vs. data communication switching which requires me to unplug and replug the cable (Both Air 2 and the Pro both.).

Between Apple messing with iOS and their intentional slowing down of the processor, along with DJI messing up each version of GO, this is turning into a flying nightmare.

Sir, I understand your concern. The latest DJI GO 4 v4.1.20 has been released at a staged rollout, please update to the latest version when it is available to see whether it works. We appreciate your feedback.
2017-12-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

CBS News said the class action lawsuit against Apple has begun over this intentional slowing down of their devices.  Sounds like Android field has not jumped into the Apple throttling and slow-down mess...yet.  Maybe Apple will soon show a processor speedup with the older devices I hope.

If only my Samsungs would work reliably and would connect with GO, but it's not to be.  And why I went to Apple, but now they show that "Disconnected" screen too that they need the "Unplug and Replug" dance to get rid of it.

2017-12-22
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I have an iPad Air (the original) and an iPad Pro 9.7.

When iOS 11 first came out, I upgraded the Air..   It turned it into a dog.  Apps take at least 4X longer to start up and run.    This announcement seems to explain it.

2017-12-22
Use props
Saaber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26680 ft

Singapore

I long suspected it, which is why I abandon Apple and join the Andriod camp.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules