Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 Vision+ black screen
1180 8 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Clack
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone have a reliable way to fix the P2V+ black screen defect?  My bird had a new motherboard a year ago and worked intermittently up until the summer, but now the Vision app shows the typical black screen all the time.  I have found four techniques that have all worked at least once, but nothing has now worked for five or six months and I've been trying repeatedly on a more or less weekly basis:

1. Switch on range extender, wait 45 seconds, switch everything else on.
2. Switch everything on.  If you get a black screen, switch off Vision app and bird, then switch both back on.
3. Switch on remote control, then drone, then extender, then Vision app.
4. Reformat the micro-SD card in the camera.

I have seen advice to check the wires feeding the camera, but a) I have not crashed the drone heavily, or at all since it was last working and b) all the little wires seem secure and I can't actually work out how to check their connections, the ends being all hidden away inside the gymbal or inside the drone itself.

Hope someone can help, as the drone is useless without FPV.
Thanks
Rob

2017-12-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://www.google.com/search?q= ... chrome&ie=UTF-8
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Rob, I'm sorry to read your issue. Please kindly send it in at your earliest convenience, the local team will take care of it: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-22
Use props
Rob Clack
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-22 01:06
Hi Rob, I'm sorry to read your issue. Please kindly send it in at your earliest convenience, the local team will take care of it: https://www.dji.com/support

Thank you, Susan.  Where do I send it?  I'm in the UK.  I followed your link, but could find nothing about Phantom 2, and the link to After-sale Service doesn't work.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rob Clack Posted at 2017-12-22 02:30
Thank you, Susan.  Where do I send it?  I'm in the UK.  I followed your link, but could find nothing about Phantom 2, and the link to After-sale Service doesn't work.

You can contact the support via support.nl@dji.com, our colleagues will create a case and guide you to send it in.
2017-12-24
Use props
Rob Clack
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-24 02:08
You can contact the support via , our colleagues will create a case and guide you to send it in.

I want to post a huge "Thank you!" to DJI.  I had read comments suggesting that DJI had just abandoned P2V+ owners as their drones were so obsolete and parts were no longer available.  Well that's not my experience at all!

I sent an email to the address Susan suggested, and someone called Blair Tang took me through the process of registering what I think they call a Case, before sending me a free UPS shipping label.  I boxed the drone up and sent it off, then received an invoice in which the charge had been waived.  That's right, they repaired my obsolete, out-of-warranty drone free of charge!

Today it arrived back and FPV works perfectly.  I've not flown it yet, as the weather outside is foul, but I can't wait!
2018-1-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Wow!  Well done DJI!  

And thank-you Rob, for summarizing and concluding this thread.  People are always quick to complain, but not many take the trouble to give a complement.  Well done.  
2018-1-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice Job DJI!!!  Take care of that Old Skool.  You gotta respect your elders.  Pioneers.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rob Clack Posted at 2018-1-16 09:36
I want to post a huge "Thank you!" to DJI.  I had read comments suggesting that DJI had just abandoned P2V+ owners as their drones were so obsolete and parts were no longer available.  Well that's not my experience at all!

I sent an email to the address Susan suggested, and someone called Blair Tang took me through the process of registering what I think they call a Case, before sending me a free UPS shipping label.  I boxed the drone up and sent it off, then received an invoice in which the charge had been waived.  That's right, they repaired my obsolete, out-of-warranty drone free of charge!

Thanks for keeping us posted. It's really nice to know the issue has been figured out. Happy flying!
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules