Mi bird Crash yesterday! Repair cost? And procedure?
921 6 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fernando_Mutis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7103 ft
Colombia

My worst nightmare became a reality yesterday at night, my Inspire 1 crash, checking all the pieces that I could find in the fall from 9mts (29ft) I could see that one of the propellers was released from the engine, and everything else was a disaster. The Inspire 1 Pro is not under warranty but it is evident that it was a fault in the assembly of the propeller, is it possible to claim this situation with DJI? Is there any way to escalate the case to apply for a repair discount on DJI? Has someone had a similar experience? Since I live in Colombia, I must send everything to the United States, does anyone know how this procedure is carried out? thank you very much for your help.

Airdata log: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=iOczKE
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1734.JPG
IMG_1735.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG
2017-12-21
Use props
Mrothart
lvl.3
United States

You will have to fill out a repair request. I just recently had an Inspire 1 Pro crash that is not under warranty. They will not look into the case and will only quote you for repairs. You should still try to have them look into the crash and see what happens. I am curious to see if you get any different results.
2017-12-21
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Dude, try to see this from where everyone else will be looking. You say " it is evident that it was a fault in the assembly of the propeller" ( case closed ) therefore somebody else is responsible.  You have posted pictures of the damage and tell us that a prop has come off but in the photos, there are no props on the wreck. You offer no concrete proof that this "crash" is anything other than pilot error and yet you are making noise about "claims" and "escalated cases"? (escalated cases means jumping the queue in front of other possibly more deserved cases) If DJI is, in fact at fault here then I'm sure you would be worthy of at least, an escalated case but photos of a crashed aircraft and your say so that a prop was missing when you examined the wreck, does not even halfway prove anything. Sorry to hear about your crash but without further information/facts, I cannot see how you can expect anyone else to accept any responsibility. There are many others, patiently awaiting repairs, posting forum pics of your crash should not afford you any queue-jumping status or discounts but nice try.

All the best to you and I hope you have a low cost and speedy repair.

Mark G.
2017-12-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out this link -> Click on this link, select South America and see where the DJI service centers are located...

Your closest repair center is probably in Costa Rica or Peru. Give them a call or email and perhaps they can advise you....
SA_Repair.png

P.S. -> there is no warraty coverage for props and prop mounting plates -> Link to product coverage pages....

2017-12-21
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Fernando_Mutis , it is the WHITE battery that caused the crash!!!!!!  Just Kidding but seriously,That is EXACTLY why we Do Not fly at night! What did you hit, a tree, a lamp post?   Good luck with your repairs! Safety First! Ken.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fernando, we are so sorry for the crash accident, unfortunately, data analysis service will not be provided after warranty expiration according to our After-Sales Policy, appreciate your kind understanding. data analysis.png
As Daroga suggested, you can find the closest recommended repair center for assistance or please contact our support, who will help to start a ticket and guide you to send in for repair service. Hope you will get it fixed soon.
2017-12-21
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-21 09:19
Dude, try to see this from where everyone else will be looking. You say " it is evident that it was a fault in the assembly of the propeller" ( case closed ) therefore somebody else is responsible.  You have posted pictures of the damage and tell us that a prop has come off but in the photos, there are no props on the wreck. You offer no concrete proof that this "crash" is anything other than pilot error and yet you are making noise about "claims" and "escalated cases"? (escalated cases means jumping the queue in front of other possibly more deserved cases) If DJI is, in fact at fault here then I'm sure you would be worthy of at least, an escalated case but photos of a crashed aircraft and your say so that a prop was missing when you examined the wreck, does not even halfway prove anything. Sorry to hear about your crash but without further information/facts, I cannot see how you can expect anyone else to accept any responsibility. There are many others, patiently awaiting repairs, posting forum pics of your crash should not afford you any queue-jumping status or discounts but nice try.

All the best to you and I hope you have a low cost and speedy repair.

Amen brother could not agree more with your assessment .

Happy Christmas to you and yours !!

donnie

2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules