Mavic Pro Active Track Trace - no drop in altitude
3075 9 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans999e6c9c
lvl.1
Germany

Dear Dji, dear community.

I have just received my Mavic and it's working brilliantly. However, Since I love to ski I'd like to film myself with "Active Track Trace". Unfortunately, the mavic won't drop in altitude to stay near. I quick clip is here to show what I mean:

Please assist and make my christmas wish come true.

Thanks and best

Chris
2017-12-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe you want to use terrain track for this to be achieved. But cool video.
2017-12-21
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

interested in knowing the solution. I wish i could ski somewhere i am ALLOWED to fly. The resorts all ban them.
2017-12-21
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use HANGAR AUTOPILOT. It will use the smart phone GPS and BAROMETRIC information to maintain not only focus but also 3-dimensional distance.If you have a helper (holding the remote) you can create an "AIRSPACE" defining another smart phone device as the 'target' independent of the RC and its smart phone. Then you just put that phone in your pocket and take off. The drone will focus on that phone and follow it in 3 dimensions.

2017-12-21
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Woe Posted at 2017-12-21 08:34
I believe you want to use terrain track for this to be achieved. But cool video.

Unfortunately Terrain Follow only works uphill and not downhill as far as i am informed :-/
I don't see a possibility without a second person involved, also for safety reasons.
2017-12-21
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

You need to use active track in profile mode. It will try to match your altitude (up and down).
... and watch out for trees.

Here's an example using a bike , if you look at the altitude in the flight log window, you 'll see it change

I'm going skiing tomorrow and might use my Mavic depending on the conditions
2017-12-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-12-21 12:14
You need to use active track in profile mode. It will try to match your altitude (up and down).
... and watch out for trees.

I gotta try this. Good information.
2017-12-21
Use props
Rod Davidson
New
Flight distance : 13530 ft
Australia

Hi All, sort of the same issue but going uphill.

I will be using the Active Track in the new year to film some serious 4WD adventures and I was trying to work out if the max flight height was going to be an issue.  We could be climbing well over 120m (max flight height) from the takeoff point and did not want to re-launch the drone every 120m.

Will this be an issue? or will my Mavic continue to track the vehicle to any height given the drone will only be say 30m off the ground? Apologies if this is covered in a forum somewhere. Thanks Rod
2017-12-24
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

I would say that if you set a dynamic home point then it would keep recalculating as you go?
Just make sure you set  RTH to hover!!!
2017-12-24
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

From what I see on my flight log, the height is not reset when the dynamic home point is changed, so you will have the limit kick in.
However you can set the max height to something bigger (I think DJI Go accepts up to 500m). It will issue a warning but will not prohibit the value.
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules