Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant CAPTCHA and Battery resolution
1131 1 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

Hi guys,

So, I figured to post some notes for those, like me, that ran into problems with their batteries as well as the DJI Assistant.

Background:  I bought my first drone, a DJI Mavic Pro like... 5 days ago. I have  zero experience in drones, much less DJI, so "flying blind" here.. heh  It came with 3 batteries, a controller, and the drone, plus a nice  pelican case.. few small things, you get the idea.

I took it  outside and started seeing what it could do after reading the manual.  Okay, I read it, but do we really "read it" when we are trying to look  at it, play with it.. etc? No. I did not retain as much as I would like,  but I really gained a LOT from it and this site.

So, everything  ran great, the DJI app on my iPhone crashed a lot, but the drone itself  did not and I had more fun with Litchi anyway as it was safer for right  now.

So, day 2.5, and battery number 3 gives me an error on the  controller. Now, I did not look at the light codes, just the error on  the controller....I am new to this.

I came here, researched a little and.. I set it on a shelf in the drone and let it "drain" then recharged it.. same issue.

This had worked well for 2 days, it had been used. I was not doing an update, I was not doing crazy stuff, but... who knows.

So,  I already ordered a new battery, but people kept saying to get the  flight log or refresh the firmware. I could not do anything because,  problem #2....I could not get DJI Assistant going and, in hindsight, I  was not aware how cool or what DJI Assistant was. The CAPTCHA would not  load on the program. Check out the CAPTCHA screen shot below.
So, could not get into the assistant to fix a battery that had errors, Something someone said made me wonder if it was related to the network drivers. While I got no error messages on the PC.. I delved into the event logs in Windows and found the errors below with my Bigfoot network drivers.

I was able to make a NEW account and log in, because THAT did not require a CAPTCHA, evidently.

Now, the CAPTCHA authentication was not generated by me...so, perhaps the two were related. I googled a few things and found other Dell / Alienware PCs with Bigfoot drivers were also experiencing an error in applications using similar aspects as below.

So, I installed the assistant on my laptop and the captcha appeared and I was able to log into the application.

Now comes the possible fix for the battery. The battery must be fully charged and in the Drone/Mavic so the Assistant locates the Drone. Then REFRESH the Mavic firmware.

Once that was done, took a while, the battery no longer had an issue.

So, summary:

The DJI Assistant drivers have to "bind" to the network card drivers. Since there are some (looks to be) Chinese drivers, the PC may detect them as a threat and not properly bind to the device. If this happens, and you see similar error messages in the Windows event viewer relating to your network card drivers (do a search for root.exe) then updating the network driver, uninstalling the DJI Assistant, getting a different network card... all of these may be possibilities.

DJI's app works fine, but appears to have a common issue with the Bigfoot networks adapter driver, and may also have issues with other network card drivers. . This is what shows up in the event log:

"Faulting application name: Root.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x59af6c7e
Faulting module name: BfLLR.dll, version: 6.0.0.23, time stamp: 0x4dd44c2e
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000b84b
Faulting process id: 0x2dcc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d37a80ee46da90
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Root.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\BfLLR.dll
Report Id: 2e09649b-e674-11e7-a1d4-c5f441220b41"

Looking this up, it is causing random issues with a lot of apps.
AGAIN: This is NOT really a "DJI" error. No App can account for every device, but hopefully it is a place to look and people may not beat their heads against the wall uninstalling and reinstalling etc.

Might even be nice to have a list of compatible network cards? Eh.. not a huge deal, I think Intel is a safe bet.. heh

Since I do not have one of these on my other system, DJIA2 worked fine.

So, while DJIA2 may not work with other network cards either (very well)... the CAPTCHA not showing up can be directly tied to the network interface.

If you have the error, you can try the uninstall/reinstall thing and if it does not work, look in your event log for a similar issue.

I will install a new network card after the holiday to see if this "fixes" "my pc not being able to run DJIA2".

Bigfoot, for the model I have, does not have an update, but not a huge deal.

Hope this helps a little!

I am fully functional now and ready to fly!

Russ

CAPTCHA

CAPTCHA
2017-12-21
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

Never mind.. the battery is a lost cause. Still error message. 20 charges. I am done dealing with it.

At least I resolved why I could not load up the DJIA2 app....however.. other than firmware updates.. sorta useless since it finds nothing.. will nto let me save anything local because the files I locate IF I load the SD card into my PC.. cannot be compressed or whatever the error message says.

So.. in a nutshell:

Super fun and nice drone, useless software .

App on the iphone crashes whenever I try to use it so many times, it's stupid.

App on the laptop can't find any sort of flight data..wait.. my bad. it finds it.. then it disappears.. then I look and it is there, but cannot extract it, then after 3 times of trying to extract it, it disappears again.

Yea... I was able to get the stupid captcha to appear...lot of good it did me.

Sorry,looking forward to flying again this weekend...but wish I could get the hours I have spent trying to fix this app and that battery back.

Lucky for me.. I bought 3 new batteries...

I'll wait till I can meet some local Mavic people and see if they can help.

Oh, and now I need a beer

Russ
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules