Huawei Gx8 (Android 5.1) - Active Track not working in latest app
713 6 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dexter1979
lvl.1
Ireland

I got the Osmo mobile yesterday and have found that Active Track is not working on my Huawei Gx8 running Android 5.1. I upgraded the Osmo firmware using Dji Assistant but the app freezes and restarts when I select the Active Track icon. I have installed app version 3.0.1 and Active Track works without issue. Of course the app is missing a few features and forces you to upgrade is the phone is online but it shows that the functions works on my phone.

Any idea how to fix this issue?
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dexter, may I know if you have tried to reinstall the latest APP?
If yes, could you please export the crash log to us for further analysis?
Please find the log in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thank you for your time.
2017-12-24
Use props
Dexter1979
lvl.1
Ireland

RE: Huawei Gx8 (Android 5.1) - Active Track not working in latest...

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-24 22:14
Dexter, may I know if you have tried to reinstall the latest APP?
If yes, could you please export the crash log to us for further analysis?
Please find the log in mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, once you export it, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thank you for your time.

I'll have a look at getting the crash log.

Yes, I have installed the latest app several times, I use it at the moment. Active track works in V3.0.1 but not in the latest (V3.1.25, I think).

2017-12-25
Use props
Dexter1979
lvl.1
Ireland

I had a look for the log. Can't see it on my phone. There is no CRASH folder.. Only a Cache folder in this location. I guess it never actually crashes, only freezes.

I have reported it using the Android reporting window that comes up when the app becomes unresponsive.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dexter1979 Posted at 2017-12-25 02:04
I had a look for the log. Can't see it on my phone. There is no CRASH folder.. Only a Cache folder in this location. I guess it never actually crashes, only freezes.

I have reported it using the Android reporting window that comes up when the app becomes unresponsive.

Thanks for coming back to us, it would be hard to analyze without the crash log.
At the moment, I recommend to keep using the V3.0.1 for Active Tracking function, we will keep improving our APP, please update to the latest version when the next version is released. Thank you.
2017-12-26
Use props
Dexter1979
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-26 00:20
Thanks for coming back to us, it would be hard to analyze without the crash log.
At the moment, I recommend to keep using the V3.0.1 for Active Tracking function, we will keep improving our APP, please update to the latest version when the next version is released. Thank you.

Is there a way I can turn on a debug function which would create a debug log? If that's not there could you add it to the feature request list?

At the moment I can use V3.0.1 if I keep the phone offline when using it. If I have a internet connection going the app will refuse to work as it demands to be updated. It won't take no for an answer!

Fairly inconvenient at the moment. I like the current version for its Focus lock. I might see if I can run 3.0.1 on my old phone with a similar camera but no sim card. That way it won't demand an update.

Thanks for the help so far. I do hope my future purchase of a Mavic Pro will be more trouble free from the app perspective!
2017-12-27
Use props
Dexter1979
lvl.1
Ireland

Update: I have done a manual update of the Android version on my phone to Android 6.0.1 and am happy to report that Active Track is working with the most up to date app.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules