Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
what is the minimum time of flight
1061 11 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Djay101
lvl.3
Australia

On youtube, I saw other users had a DJI spark and they did a hover test and the battery lasted 10-14 min so I was wondering what is the shortest that you can fly the drone and the normal time from 100% to 5%

2017-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would not recommend flying all the way down to 5%.
That gives you very little margin if something goes wrong.
(like you are having a hard time flying back against the wind or something).

I think 20% is my minimum.

I believe this is better for the batteries as well (not flying them empty).

I have asked the same question some months ago and most pilots got about 8-10 minutes until they reached 20%
But it depends a lot on how you fly and the conditions you are flying in.
Like when you hover a lot, or go very slow (tripod mode), or have a lot of wind, that will eat your battery fast.

Luckily you can charge pretty quickly. Even with the car charger.
2017-12-22
Use props
Djay101
lvl.3
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-12-22 01:54
I would not recommend flying all the way down to 5%.
That gives you very little margin if something goes wrong.
(like you are having a hard time flying back against the wind or something).

I'm not flying to 5% I was wondering how long so I can estimate when I'm going to land im flying in real close range
2017-12-22
Use props
xfirf_
First Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

I would also not recommend draining the batteries that much. Returning and landing at about 20% brings you more safety and as the batteries arent that expensive, small and can be charged quiet fast you should think about spending some more bucks for an additional one before you risk your spark crashing down somewhere.
2017-12-22
Use props
Djay101
lvl.3
Australia

It seems you don't own a spark mont so I have a question I'm getting a DJI drone but I'm not sure which drone will have the longer battery life I did some calculations it seems if I get 3 batteries on spark charging hub charge it for 1h 20m and ill get 30min of flight time.
On the DJI Mavic side charge takes same time but on 18-20 min flight time
2017-12-22
Use props
Djay101
lvl.3
Australia

as well I'M flying in my own properties (a motel) not gonna fly so far so I'm not that scared but for me ill land at 10%
2017-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Djay101 Posted at 2017-12-22 01:56
I'm not flying to 5% I was wondering how long so I can estimate when I'm going to land im flying in real close range

That is the best option indeed.
(not flying to 5%)
You never know what happens and you do know some automatic procedures tend to kick in at a certain level that might cause for unwanted effects.
The app does a great job in telling you what your percentages are.
If you look to the screen on a regular basis (that is always good practice) you will know exactly when it is time to return.
I only have experience with the MP, but I know I try to return at about 30% / 25% percentage and land at about 20%
2017-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Djay101 Posted at 2017-12-22 02:00
It seems you don't own a spark mont so I have a question I'm getting a DJI drone but I'm not sure which drone will have the longer battery life I did some calculations it seems if I get 3 batteries on spark charging hub charge it for 1h 20m and ill get 30min of flight time.
On the DJI Mavic side charge takes same time but on 18-20 min flight time

True. I needed 25fps shooting and Spark does not include that.
So I saved some more for a MP.

Charging takes considerably longer on the MP
The charger does only charge 1 battery at the same time.
(the one that is fullest will go first)
Spark's charging hub will do simultaneous charging and will be ready much quicker.
I think all 3 batteries on the MP takes about 3 hours or so.
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Djay101 Posted at 2017-12-22 02:00
It seems you don't own a spark mont so I have a question I'm getting a DJI drone but I'm not sure which drone will have the longer battery life I did some calculations it seems if I get 3 batteries on spark charging hub charge it for 1h 20m and ill get 30min of flight time.
On the DJI Mavic side charge takes same time but on 18-20 min flight time

I have just checked. My longest flight time so far has been 13:25 and that ended at 5%. But that was one of my very early flights when the battery had only four charging cycles and not yet reached full capacity.
The charging time with Spark is about 50 minutes for three batteries simultaniously. I have six batteries and most of the time this is largely sufficient for me.
2017-12-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I got it done in 11 minutes.
Not that I wanted that, but a full battery, a bit wind, a lot of sport, 2 x 46 picture panos and @ 11ish minutes and just under 3km flighdistance: forced landing.

My average, with flying "somewhere" is anyway 12ish. With close by Panos it is 13ish, now
2017-12-22
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I usually start bring it home at 20 - 30% depending on how far away it is. I just looked back through my Airdata logs, average flight times are around 10 minutes with about 15% battery left.
2017-12-22
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

my average is around 10 minutes with 20% battery left.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules