Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ISSUE WITH P4 DNG FILES
1683 10 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c7856f3
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there,

I'm having some issues with my P4 Advanced and DNG Raw photos.
The preview is showing the image essentially exactly as it was captured at the time however when opened with either Adobe Raw or Lightroom it appears as per the second image.
It looks like a LUT or something is applied which pushes it too far to grade nicely. I've tried a whole bunch of things but still can't seem to find a solution to open it in the Raw flat format that it was actually captured as.
I'm sure somebody else must have had this before and has a solution?

Preview - Correct Exposure

Preview - Correct Exposure

After import into LR

After import into LR
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, does the issue appears in every picture? Could you upload some original RAW files to Dropbox and share the link with us? We'll check the status.
2017-12-25
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the preview is showing you an embedded jpeg image that is saved as part of the RAW file. The DNG (RAW) files need to be processed.

Here's one guide https://forum.dji.com/thread-122689-1-1.html
2017-12-25
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-25 03:03
I believe the preview is showing you and embedded jpeg image that is saved as part of the RAW file. The DNG (RAW) files need to be processed.

Here's one guide https://forum.dji.com/thread-122689-1-1.html

Lightroom should show the correct preview, without any post processing. To the OP can you provide an original file like DJI Susan requested, I too would like to have a look.
2017-12-25
Use props
hani7updrone
lvl.1

Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-25 03:03
I believe the preview is showing you an embedded jpeg image that is saved as part of the RAW file. The DNG (RAW) files need to be processed.

Here's one guide https://forum.dji.com/thread-122689-1-1.html

Let's see the RAW file first before we give you our opinion
2017-12-27
Use props
Greya
lvl.1

Ukraine

hani7updrone Posted at 2017-12-27 03:18
Let's see the RAW file first before we give you our opinion

Hi, I found the same issue today with DNGs coming from Mavic Pro - DNG files turn out to be with cyan-color cast, underexposed and even have vignetting! where jpgs are as they were shot - flat colors, no vignette. I know those are previews, but they are actually the same when opened in editing programs.

Here's the preview:

Here are the sample DNG+JPG strait from mavic:

I think it's some problem with D-Log for photos.

I shoot in D-Log and opened those DNG files in 4 different programs (Lightroom, Capture One, Alien Skin Exposure and Windows Photo Viewer) - gave me the same result - grey jpgs and dark blue dngs! The videos captured at this shoot are the same as jpgs. I also checked the jpg-dng combo I was shooting in November - the same result, but not always so drastic - cool tones, underexposed and vignetted dngs.

However, the jpg-dng combo captured in a colored profile (Cool Tones or something for JPG and None for DNG, as far as I remember) - those DNGs are okay, no blue behavior.

I also always shoot raw in Nikon & Sony (even underwater) - it's the first time I see such behavior with raw files!

What could possibly cause that?
Thanks
2018-1-21
Use props
Greya
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 00:41
Hello there, does the issue appears in every picture? Could you upload some original RAW files to Dropbox and share the link with us? We'll check the status.

Sorry, double post - Please remove the copy) Thank you
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Greya Posted at 2018-1-21 18:17
Sorry, double post - Please remove the copy) Thank you

Received with thanks! According to the pictures you offered, it seems that they are work well. You can try to use the auto white balance, and remove the filters, the difference between JPEG and RAW will be narrowed down. Just have a try. Also, you can refer the Grace's post in 2# for better understanding.

2018-1-23
Use props
Greya
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-23 00:44
Received with thanks! According to the pictures you offered, it seems that they are work well. You can try to use the auto white balance, and remove the filters, the difference between JPEG and RAW will be narrowed down. Just have a try. Also, you can refer the Grace's post in 2# for better understanding.

I completely understand how RAW files work.  And I already use Auto White Balance & don't use any filters. The light and dark versions in thumbnails preview above is how actually those files are shown in all those photo programs. There's almost no difference between RAW and JPG captured in "None" profile, but a significant difference between those captured in D-Log. Usually it's the opposite - JPGs turn out more colored and pretty and RAW are flat in colors and contrast (it's just how RAWs work). But here, I don't quite understand what exactly applies this color and vignetting on RAW images?
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Greya Posted at 2018-1-23 08:34
I completely understand how RAW files work.  And I already use Auto White Balance & don't use any filters. The light and dark versions in thumbnails preview above is how actually those files are shown in all those photo programs. There's almost no difference between RAW and JPG captured in "None" profile, but a significant difference between those captured in D-Log.  Usually it's the opposite - JPGs turn out more colored and pretty and RAW are flat in colors and contrast (it's just how RAWs work). But here, I don't quite understand what exactly applies this color and vignetting on RAW images?

Actually, it is recommended to take videos via D-Log, instead of pictures. D-Log mode can provide higher dynamic range, more scene details and lowest contrast and sharpness, which offers more color editing freedom.
2018-1-25
Use props
fans1272329c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93563 ft
Australia

Hi there, i ma having same issue here,  my RAW photos are completely bad, it really annoying , I can see it in the preview of my P4P just fine but when I imported it to cameraRAW/lightroom etc.. the colours are crazy, what is going on with this,
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules