1856 29 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Guys/DJI,

I am starting a poll on what little improvements we the users would like to see in future updates.
I know that there are a lot of various posts on all of these subjects, Hence why I chose them.
Maybe individually our requests go unregistered by the software developers/programmers, But what if there were enough requests that they had to take note.
So I urge you all to take but a second and pick an option you'd like to see implemented.
1 voice might not be heard but 1000 cannot be ignored.

Thanks,
Paul
Single SelectVote, Total 81 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

23.46% (19)
25.93% (21)
50.62% (41)
Your user group with no voting privileges
banner_its-time-to-vote.png
2017-12-22
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39390 ft
Iran

* DJI should create more Quickshot options and user can download each individually.

* Editor should have a fade in / fade out option.

* Editor auto clips should be able to chose between 30/60 sec. For Instagram for example.
2017-12-22
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Meaningless poll.
None of my wishes are on the list.
2017-12-22
Use props
radforas
lvl.3
United States

1080p 60 fps or maybe 2.7K 60 fps would be great if possible.
2017-12-22
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

heliman Posted at 2017-12-22 03:34
Meaningless poll.
None of my wishes are on the list.

Thanks for your participation.... It's selfish attitudes that hinders change.... I am not saying that this will result in any changes but it lets DJI know what people would like.
I chose the 3 topics most people ask about......
2017-12-22
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

radforas Posted at 2017-12-22 03:40
1080p 60 fps or maybe 2.7K 60 fps would be great if possible.

Well why haven't you voted for option 1 then.....?
2017-12-22
Use props
BROLL
lvl.2
United States

For me the otg cable working and being supported by DJI is at the top of my list. But all of these options would  be nice at some point.
2017-12-22
Use props
Raploc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22598 ft
United Kingdom

I voted for number 3. Not because I want that elusive 500* meter range, I want and need to be compliant. That means a 2.4 GHz wifi connection between the RC and the AC at this moment.

* I do understand that this is the theoretical  transmission  limit in a vacuum with 0 interference at CE broadcast levels.
2017-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

25fps shooting would be a reason to buy!
2017-12-22
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Flying sidewards in tapfly mode would be nice.
2017-12-22
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

1-fps a go go!!! 1080p @ 60p

i think for this feauters ,only unlock option in firmware Camera...because this sensor is same or similar in Mavic Pro.
2017-12-22
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wow @ 17:44 106 views and only 17 including myself have been bothered to make a selection..... C'mon we can send DJI a message here... It may not be what you are looking for but surely there is one option you would be happy with......
2017-12-22
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Otg - but no option to pick this
2017-12-22
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-22 12:02
Otg - but no option to pick this

Option 3 is for OTG!!!
2017-12-22
Use props
Neeon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453701 ft
Fiji

Better connectivity via OTG support before any other improvement, none of the other request matter if your video feed sucks imo.
2017-12-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is a good poll.

In reality the Spark is a selfie drone, it is marketed as that with it's gesture control.
We are trying to make it something it was never designed to be by asking for a better camera, longer flight times and better connectivity for longer distance flights.
I don't believe it was ever designed to be a serious photographic tool, just something cute to play with instead of a selfy stick

Dji will never make the Spark a Mavic Pro, just the same as the Mavic will never be a P4P and a P4P will never be an Inspire etc.

Out of the 3 features only full OTG support I believe is achievable via software, so this is a possibility if we can raise this enough with DJI

However, we should just get a Mavic instead of trying to make the Spark into one
2017-12-22
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2017-12-22 14:14
This is a good poll.

In reality the Spark is a selfie drone, it is marketed as that with it's gesture control.

I believe that it is far more than a selfie drone......
Without the RC yes but the RC makes it a fully functional drone, Very capable imo.

Cheers,
Paul
2017-12-23
Use props
Flybee3
New

United Kingdom

Well done Paul let’s hope the voice of many is heard, I think DJI should intro a ‘find my drone’ feature, I know you can review flight logs to see where your drone ended up but it’s a bit involved and some may not know how or where to find this info, if you just lost your drone you’re gonna be wanting a quick and easier way to feed your initial panic and resolve to try and find your investment, if it’s in a tree, tall grass or dense forest it’s gonna be real hard to find with just the flight log info and google earth/maps, why can’t they intro an audible and even a light emitting beacon, the drone already makes start up sounds and of course has the status LED’s! If she still has power and isn’t on the ocean bed it could be real saviour.
2017-12-30
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Flybee3 Posted at 2017-12-30 02:52
Well done Paul let’s hope the voice of many is heard, I think DJI should intro a ‘find my drone’ feature, I know you can review flight logs to see where your drone ended up but it’s a bit involved and some may not know how or where to find this info, if you just lost your drone you’re gonna be wanting a quick and easier way to feed your initial panic and resolve to try and find your investment, if it’s in a tree, tall grass or dense forest it’s gonna be real hard to find with just the flight log info and google earth/maps, why can’t they intro an audible and even a light emitting beacon, the drone already makes start up sounds and of course has the status LED’s! If she still has power and isn’t on the ocean bed it could be real saviour.

There is actually a find my drone in the app......
2017-12-30
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-22 14:14
This is a good poll.

Do you think this is achievable via software:

RC firmware updates via DJI Assistant 2 like we do with Spark and Batteries?  There should be a way with micro USB on RC.
2017-12-30
Use props
Tortoiseshell T
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

What I really want is to be able to shoot RAW images - there's no reason this shouldn't be possible with the Spark. Smartphones, action cameras, everything can shoot RAW these days!
2017-12-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

marlowe Posted at 2017-12-30 17:57
Do you think this is achievable via software:

RC firmware updates via DJI Assistant 2 like we do with Spark and Batteries?  There should be a way with micro USB on RC.

It shouldn't be that hard, but I think it's a strategy with the Spark to keep everything via DJI Go 4.

I think there is also something  to do with enabling data transfer via OTG , which is what needs to happen to transfer the upgrade data from Dji Assistant 2 to the Spark RC. I think if DJI were allow this to happen , they would also be allowing  full OTG functionality
2017-12-30
Use props
Flybee3
New

United Kingdom

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-30 10:57
There is actually a find my drone in the app......

Well there ya go, shows how new I am to this, ok that’s great news, still wonder though if it emits a sound and or lights to help pinpoint it when downed. I’ll check it out when I’m up and running
2017-12-30
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

Tortoiseshell T Posted at 2017-12-30 18:11
What I really want is to be able to shoot RAW images - there's no reason this shouldn't be possible with the Spark. Smartphones, action cameras, everything can shoot RAW these days!

So very true. RAW images!
2017-12-30
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Flybee3 Posted at 2017-12-30 18:51
Well there ya go, shows how new I am to this, ok that’s great news, still wonder though if it emits a sound and or lights to help pinpoint it when downed. I’ll check it out when I’m up and running

Yep, you can tell it to beep the ESCs/motors to help in pinpointing. Presumably you have to be connected to the Spark for this feature to work.
2018-1-12
Use props
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236102 ft
United States

What about a 360 sensor array so you don't fly backwards into a wall...
I am not saying that I have done that- yet...
2018-1-12
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I voted for #2 (longer flight time), but all 3 options are desirable.
2018-1-12
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

I really wish DJI would either provide support for the OTG cable, or drop it completely.
Perhaps then, we would see far less posts from people whining about a function which was never offered in the first place.  Do people not read the spec's/reviews before they buy things?
Maybe my viewpoint will change after I experience OTG flying for myself?

A higher capacity battery would be a hardware fix.  It'd be great if DJI were to work their wizardry  in increasing flight times, e.g, could the CPU cooling fans be slowed down/stopped if the core temp' is within parameters, starting up again as required?  Could the airflow over the chips be routed differently on Spark II to enable more efficient cooling, reducing the reliance on the fans?

An audio alert (two-tone alarm) could be Incorporated into the Find my Drone feature or as a separate option.  This would assist pilots in locating their drone if it comes down in a heavily wooded area, among hedges, long grass etc.
2018-1-13
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

1/ Allow RC stick input when in Active Track mode

2/ Create a Spotlight mode

3/ Bring out a GPS beacon/watch etc that the Spark can follow to supplement the optical/IR system now
2018-1-15
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

Voted for 1 option, but I don't think its possible due hardware limitations or marketing policy. I don't see a problem with 30 fps and not sure why all the fuss is about 25fps. Most people shoot videos and keep them on computers, mobile devices which all play 30fps with no problem. There might be issues when creating dvd/bluray or broadcasting on TV in EU, otherwise its only a thing that has to be remembered when rendering - "its a 30fps, not 25".
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules