Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Limited access with DJI Assistant 2 to Spark (Solved)
2350 11 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raploc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Netherlands

What I can do is upgrade the firmware, Data upload and blackbox just don't show anything.  I tried it on two different computers, both with Windows 10 (1709) and DJI Assistant 2 (V1.1.16). I've reinstalled DJI Assistant 2, even on another drive, started the program as administrator. This doesn't solve the problem.

Firmware

Firmware

Data upload

Data upload

Blackbox

Blackbox

BR

Raploc

2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have never had to use data upload until now but I have read reports that there might be an issue.
For installing the firmware updates for Spark and Batteries it is my favourite option and so far never had a problem (it does not work (yet?) for the RC firmware).
You can also export the blackbox data to your harddrive (I do backups from time to time) and you can send the data to DJI for analysis if needed, even if data upload (as mentioned above) does not work.
And you can change the WiFi SSID and password of your Spark.
Edit: I forgot the simulator, but that is not really important.

2017-12-22
Use props
Raploc
lvl.4
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 08:06
I have never had to use data upload until now but I have read reports that there might be an issue.
For installing the firmware updates for Spark and Batteries it is my favourite option and so far never had a problem (it does not work (yet?) for the RC firmware).
You can also export the blackbox data to your harddrive (I do backups from time to time) and you can send the data to DJI for analysis if needed, even if data upload (as mentioned above) does not work.

Data upload is nothing more then sending a flight data file from the Spark (that is also stored on your phone in the app). DJI Assistant should show all the stored ones on the Spark. Mine stays empty. Blackbox never finishes , the Spark just sits there until the battery runs low.
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Raploc Posted at 2017-12-22 08:17
Data upload is nothing more then sending a flight data file from the Spark (that is also stored on your phone in the app). DJI Assistant should show all the stored ones on the Spark. Mine stays empty. Blackbox never finishes , the Spark just sits there until the battery runs low.

As mentioned, I had never tried the data upload and can't say anything from own experience on that. But exporting the blackbox data has until now always worked for me. Have you tried to re-install DJI Assistant? There might be a driver issue.
2017-12-22
Use props
Raploc
lvl.4
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 08:29
As mentioned, I had never tried the data upload and can't say anything from own experience on that. But exporting the blackbox data has until now always worked for me. Have you tried to re-install DJI Assistant? There might be a driver issue.

Yes, on 2 different computers. As I stated in my OP.
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Raploc Posted at 2017-12-22 08:36
Yes, on 2 different computers. As I stated in my OP.

Oh sorry, I had forgotten that already. Then I am sorry that I have no more ideas what it could be. Oh, one more, have you tried with a different USB cable too?
2017-12-22
Use props
Raploc
lvl.4
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 08:42
Oh sorry, I had forgotten that already. Then I am sorry that I have no more ideas what it could be. Oh, one more, have you tried with a different USB cable too?

Using a different USB cable would have been my next step. Luckely I just tried my wifes laptop (also Win 10) and that did the trick. So my problem is solved. Now I'm going to bug hunt the other two computers and try to see if I can fix the issue on those.  Thank you for your time and posts.
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Raploc Posted at 2017-12-22 08:49
Using a different USB cable would have been my next step. Luckely I just tried my wifes laptop (also Win 10) and that did the trick. So my problem is solved. Now I'm going to bug hunt the other two computers and try to see if I can fix the issue on those.  Thank you for your time and posts.

You are welcome and I am very happy that the problem is solved! I have read about driver issues with Win 10 and also on mine it did not work in the first run. But after re-installing DJI Assistant it worked. If I remember it correctly I had to tell Windows at a certain point to accept drivers from unknown source or so. Unfortunately I don't have another Win 10 PC that would allow me to reproduce the problem and make screenshots which could help others.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Raploc Posted at 2017-12-22 08:49
Using a different USB cable would have been my next step. Luckely I just tried my wifes laptop (also Win 10) and that did the trick. So my problem is solved. Now I'm going to bug hunt the other two computers and try to see if I can fix the issue on those.  Thank you for your time and posts.

Glad to hear that it is resolved, Raploc, may I know why do you want to export the data? Is there anything wrong with the drone? If yes, please provide us more details, we'd like to help.
2017-12-24
Use props
Fenit2000
First Officer
Flight distance : 100279 ft
United States

I am having this same issue, exactly as OP. Nothing is displayed for Data Upload or Black Box.. When I first connect, The Assistant sees my Spark and displays current firmware levels etc, but thats all I can do. I don't have any issues to report, but I would like to know everything works just in case.... This is on a Mac. I can try on another PC, but the Mac is what I intend to use for my Spark. Thanks for the help !!
2018-1-8
Use props
Rodador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

You could try the steps in this video that are intended to avoided driver issues, this is how I installed too. You can skip to the 1:00 minute mark to get right into it.

https://youtu.be/fz7bKgQDHdc
2018-1-8
Use props
Fenit2000
First Officer
Flight distance : 100279 ft
United States

Thanks Rodador. Looks like the video is more for Windows. I am trying to run on a Mac. I will try on another PC as well as try re-installing the Assistant software.. The funny thing is, it connects fine and shows me I am on the most current Rev (I used it to update my Spark as soon as I got it) and shows older revisions etc. It just never shows any Black box or Data Upload files. Thanks again.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules