25227 20 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

Colleagues, hello!
Who will tell me - where to see the metadata of the video file? In which mode was the video shot?
It means  filter, ISO, shutter, ....

2017-12-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I use exiftool, but you currently don't get all the info you are looking for -- see How to view settings video was shot in..
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for Ex Machina posted the thread that we had discussed before, please kindly refer to that post, and I will also post the reply here: If you had enabled video captions at that time, Home, GPS, BAROMETER, ISO, Shutter, EV and Fnum will be recorded.
If you use other professional players like exiftool (Ex Machina posted above), KM player etc., more info will be listed. Hope it helps.
2017-12-23
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Vietnam

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-12-22 11:04
I use exiftool, but you currently don't get all the info you are looking for -- see How to view settings video was shot in..

СПАСИБО!
2017-12-23
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-23 03:27
Thanks for Ex Machina posted the thread that we had discussed before, please kindly refer to that post, and I will also post the reply here: If you had enabled video captions at that time, Home, GPS, BAROMETER, ISO, Shutter, EV and Fnum will be recorded.
If you use other professional players like exiftool (Ex Machina posted above), KM player etc., more info will be listed. Hope it helps.

Thank you!
2017-12-23
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Vietnam

I've got that video caption, but where could I check the meta-data, could you, please, show the screenshort?
2017-12-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What is 'video caption' and will it record to the metadata of the file?
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alexei Merinov Posted at 2017-12-26 09:54
I've got that video caption, but where could I check the meta-data, could you, please, show the screenshort?

Like the screenshot below, if you play the video on the PC, then you will see the data that I listed above. See if it works for you. video caption.png
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-12-27 00:30
What is 'video caption' and will it record to the metadata of the file?

Hi there, the data of the video caption will record is the Home point, GPS, BAROMETER, ISO, Shutter, EV and Fnum like I posted above. If you have enabled "video caption" on the camera settings, an SRT file will be generated. It will record the info above.
2017-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 02:33
Hi there, the data of the video caption will record is the Home point, GPS, BAROMETER, ISO, Shutter, EV and Fnum like I posted above. If you have enabled "video caption" on the camera settings, an SRT file will be generated. It will record the info above.

Thanks for that.
When I buy a MP again, I will try
2017-12-27
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Vietnam

Hi there, the data of the video caption will record is the Home point, GPS, BAROMETER, ISO, Shutter, EV and Fnum like I posted above. If you have enabled "video caption" on the camera settings, an SRT file will be generated. It will record the info above.

СПАСИБО!
Thank you!
2017-12-27
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Vietnam

Ask, please, your engineers - in the subtitles you need to add an indication of the choice of the parameters COLOR and STYLE .
This means that no third-party tools are required

Thank you and Happy New Year!
2017-12-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 02:21
Like the screenshot below, if you play the video on the PC, then you will see the data that I listed above. See if it works for you. [view_image]

Good info - I wanted to know this too!
2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_larry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70200 ft
United States

Useful for me also as I start to dink around more with video editing. Exiftool would be more useful for me if the gui were easier to use. I found a nice (free, of course) exif editor app for Android but nothing like it that works on my iMac. It would be nice if Lightroom gave better exif editing access for photos and now videos add a whole new complexity of data that would be nice to store in the files.

I will try video captions. Can I assume if the captions show up in the video replay that I can turn them off? I don't want them to show up while I am looking at the movie.

Note: I turned on Video Captions. They do not show up for a movie file viewed with iMac Quicktime. The gps location does show up in the movie inspector window whether the Video Captions was on or off. That inspectopr shows file size, type, etc. but not the exposure information. So maybe the captions are stored in the file somwhere. We'll see someday.

2017-12-31
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

djiuser_larry Posted at 2017-12-31 13:15
Useful for me also as I start to dink around more with video editing. Exiftool would be more useful for me if the gui were easier to use. I found a nice (free, of course) exif editor app for Android but nothing like it that works on my iMac. It would be nice if Lightroom gave better exif editing access for photos and now videos add a whole new complexity of data that would be nice to store in the files.

I will try video captions. Can I assume if the captions show up in the video replay that I can turn them off? I don't want them to show up while I am looking at the movie.

Captions are stored in text files alongside the video file, and can automatically be played back as an overlay on a Mac using VLC to play the video.
2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_larry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70200 ft
United States

Thanks, I found it. Data in the separate SRT file.
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alexei Merinov Posted at 2017-12-31 02:40
Ask, please, your engineers - in the subtitles you need to add an indication of the choice of the parameters COLOR and STYLE .
This means that no third-party tools are required

Will do. Thank you for your advice. Happy New Year to you, too.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

A CW Posted at 2017-12-31 04:02
Good info - I wanted to know this too!

Yeah, then you can enable Video Caption on the camera settings. Hope it helps.
2018-1-1
Use props
alexhere
lvl.1

United States

I use exiftool to get the metadata of videos. And I run WidsMob Photo Viewer to browse Mac photos in EXIF mode.
2018-9-19
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

alexhere Posted at 9-19 07:17
I use exiftool to get the metadata of videos. And I run WidsMob Photo Viewer to browse Mac photos in EXIF mode.

I'm struggling to get any sense out of exiftool because of lack of understanding of command line.
Is there any way to get script to print all exif data, does the exiftool have an option to get gps for any segment of the vid. I wish to interrogate a vid for GPS in particular of clips. I've tried with a 5 second clip I'm interested in but can't get passed the exiftool GUI
2018-12-3
Use props
Meliezza
lvl.1

United States

I would also like to know if there is another way to see metadata without having to go into another program. I tried looking for metadata on photoshop and premiere pro but couldn't find it. I am having problems with some of the videos that I shot and would like to troubleshoot. I shot simultaneously with a pocket and action. The pocket produced amazing video but the action was terrible.

2020-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules