847 11 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mbennion76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46742 ft
United States

Hi folks,

First, I’ve read a number of threads with similar issues.  I think I’ve tried the advice applied elsewhere but I may have another tool to use... a second inspire 1 and 2nd rc.

I have two Inspire 1s precisely because I struggled with this before.  My new unit is successfully recently updated.  My older unit isn’t linked anymore.  After previously getting the rc downgraded and relinked, updated successfully, I daringly unlinked and attempted to use the old rc as a slave.  I never did use it as such.  

After updating (successfully) new I1, I began wrestling with re-linking old rc to old I1.  Old I1 boots/beeps up and hangs blue led.  Old rc is back to master.  I’ve used various combinations of button presses to reset the rc and relink.  The red button press isn’t causing pairing.  5s long press, 3s long press... I’ve rolled rc few back to 1.5.80 (as far as I can w the app now).  I last flew and updated the old I1 in Dec 16.  I don’t know the ac fw because of course the ac is in travel mode (and unlinked).

I’m nervous to mess with my happy I1.  I need to fly this week.

Considering the above, any advice on getting my fleet back up in the air?

Thanks,

MB

2017-12-22
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

so what i get is you have 1 Inspire with remote as Master. and are trying to link the remote from the 2nd Inspire as a Slave?

if the above is correct you need to turn on the Inspire and the remote that is Master, then turn on the 2nd remote and in the setting put is as Slave with a password. go back to the Master remote and hit search in the settings to look for the Slave remote, a screen will pop up asking for the password you set on the Slave. the Slave will ask for permissions and your done.

by the way you will need both remotes to have a screen of some sort (phone or tablet) and you dont do the red button to link a slave remote
2017-12-22
Use props
Mbennion76
lvl.2
United States

Hi TruGreen,

Sorry, my explanation isn't as complete as it should have been.  Im actually trying to get old RC and old I1 back together.  Im trying to get two complete aircrafts/rc's paired stand alone and both ac/rc updated.

I can't update the old AC since I can't pair it with the RC... That slave remote comment was the reason that my RC isn't paired with the AC anymore. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the time and brains

mb
2017-12-22
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

oh well to my knowledge the Slave RC needs to be downgraded in firmware to match that of the old AC so that you can bind it, raise it, an update it
2017-12-22
Use props
Mbennion76
lvl.2
United States

Your attempt to help is appreciated at any rate!  When I make this all work again, maybe I’ll try this slave rc again
2017-12-22
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

The first thing I would do is to check what firmware I had. Could you post a screenshot of the firmware page from within the Go app.  
It sounds like you have more than one firmware version, if so, the RC and AC may not be communicating properly, you may need to update some/all of your firmware.
is a useful video if you are unsure how.
When you have all the firmware up to date, you may need to reset the RC, to reset the RC, press C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons. After resetting, the indicator of RC should be Red. If necessary, re-link the RC through the app (RC setting/ Re-link)

Allways update the AC FIRST, with the RC OFF.  THEN update the RC with the AC OFF.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Mark G.
2017-12-23
Use props
Mbennion76
lvl.2
United States

Hi Mark!

I have walked the rc through 1.5.8, 1.6 and 1.780. These are all the options I have at this point.  Out of desperation I have tried all three fw and then did the button press combos and red button pairing.  No dice.  The RC is not fun to update.  Takes lots of uninstalls of app and reboots of iPad (on WiFi).  Takes 5 tries to get the 15min fw to load.  Anyhow I spent an evening trying this rc to take a fw.  

I don’t remember which fw I left th rc on, but our options (as far as I know) is to try each rc fw for compatibility w whatever the ac has (and as far as I recall was last updated dec 2016).

What do you do when the three rc fw available options aren’t binding to the ac?  

Ac is in travel mode.  Can’t change that till it links to an ac.  If it wasn’t in travel mode I could update it.  Makes me crazy.  Going to buy flight mode cases as soon as I get these working....

Anyhow my reason to fly this week cancelled.  I have another inspire 1 on current fw.  Ac and rc.  I can prove an old rc is good w a new ac.  I can take a new rc and roll fw back to try w old ac.
2017-12-23
Use props
Mbennion76
lvl.2
United States

As an example - is there a way to USB key a .bin file to the rc to go back to 1.3?  Other older .bin files to roll back to?
2017-12-23
Use props
Mbennion76
lvl.2
United States

I’ve tried relinking via app, I’ve also tried manually relinking (with the c1 + c2 + record (beeps) wheel button) kinda pairing.

I’ve tried so many permutations that I want to think the ac is on something too old for 1.5.8 or is otherwise unhappy.  

Are there more desperate measures?  Should I film the permutations attempted for YouTube for confirmation of my sanity?
2017-12-23
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

you can use a USB to dowgrade to an earlier FW on the RC but one of the DJI mods would need to send you the FW as they have been deleted from the website
2017-12-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mbennion76 Posted at 2017-12-23 08:57
As an example - is there a way to USB key a .bin file to the rc to go back to 1.3?  Other older .bin files to roll back to?

Once you are updated to this level of FW, I don't believe you can go back to 1.3  I have the aircraft firmware for 1.3 and would be happy to put this on my Dropbox for you to try.

Let me know and I will send you the link
Rich
2017-12-23
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mbennion76 Posted at 2017-12-23 09:04
I’ve tried relinking via app, I’ve also tried manually relinking (with the c1 + c2 + record (beeps) wheel button) kinda pairing.

I’ve tried so many permutations that I want to think the ac is on something too old for 1.5.8 or is otherwise unhappy.  

You must get the old RC transmitter on the same FW as the RC transmitter that you currently have working . ( your have an old Inspire transmitter correct ?  Not say a Phanotm 3 transmitter correct )

What version would that be ?

also if you have a blue light on the RC ( OLD ) that means you have corrupted update on that one and is usually caused by an interruption to the loading of the FW.  

I would not mess with your current RC and Ac that you have working , Just get that old RC to match the FW on the working Rc and then you would make that the slave to  that system .  won't work if not on the same FW as the master.

***YOU can only link ONE rc transmitter to the AC.  when making the old RC the slave you are really only linking the Master and the slave together , the Slave RC does not actually commumicate with the AC, only to the slave .
Perhaps a diagram will expain it better .

***what is the end goal here ? do you want to make the old transmitter a slave ?  Just so you know you can only link ONE RC to the AC.  Or are you trying to get both of the Ikspire systems you have working with thir assigned transmitter , if that is the case you must have the appropriate FW to match whatever is on the AC.  the list below will telll you what match is needed , then simply make sure it is set to master and re link.
What Fw is currently on the AC ?  and the master RC that is currently working .  Here is a list of what works with what .
3 (Inspire 1)
1.2.0.14 - Jan '15
1.2.0.16 - Feb '15
1.2.0.17 - Mar '15
1.2.1.0 - Apr '15
1.2.1.03 - May '15
1.2.1.06 - May '15
1.3.0.00 - Aug '15
1.4.0.10 - Sept '15
1.5.0.30 - Dec '15
1.6.0.40 - Dec '15 - R/C 1.5.70
1.7.0.90 - Mar '16 - R/C 1.5.80