Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
pop up screen in a loop
1139 25 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi everybody,

I have a mavic pro since 18 november 2017. And am using the DJI GO4 4.1.18 latest version app with the tested device iPhone 5S.

Everytime I try to fly I get a pop-up screen with warning. When I try to tap it away, I get another screen with a long text. Tried to scroll all the way down, nothing there to click or tap. Just trying to close it, I get again the former screen/pop-up with the warning again, which should be tapped away, as the customer service told me. I can not tap 'yes', to agree that I read the terms or whatever.

Even when NOT flying this screen will come up.

I contacted the support department of DJI multiple times, did all they said. NOTHING helped. Also asked for the developers email address of the app, which I got. But there I got asked first to provide all info, which I did. Later they send me back again to customer service of DJI...

I feel like tossed around here. And in the meantime I can not see anything on the screen when using the drone, because of this pop-up screen.

Somebody has got an idea how to work around this. Or to get DJI really fix the issue. I already wrote so many emails. And they just keep me hanging on a string.

Already I saw the DJI Go4 app degrading on the apple app selling page from 3 to 2 stars rewarding. Why is that??? I think I know.

Maybe also DJI tries to get some more money from us, to also create other software that is to be bought for roughly 25 dollars or euros...

I start to regret that I bought this DJI device... Really sad how this customer UNfriendly thingy works here at DJI.

Thanks for reading, Robica, The Netherlands.
2017-12-22
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Is there a little blue dot you can tap?
2017-12-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That's a bug that reportedly has been addressed in 4.1.20, so I'd update and see if that takes care of your problems. Good luck.
2017-12-22
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

As from iphone 6 , you can put screen iphone n standard in stead of zoomed in that will fix it as from iphone 6 and above. However iphone 5 doesnt have this option. The only fix for the iphone 5 is to upgrade the app to .20
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Robica, I am sorry for your difficulties. This is a known issue, for iPhone 5S, the temporary solution is to take off the drone, hover it at a low altitude and restart the app again. Please do keep an eye on the control when you are doing this.
And the new app is released by phase, please kindly update it if you receive the update notice. See if it helps. Appreciate your kindness.
Besides, for the support, would you mind telling me the email address that you used for contacting us? I would like to check the details and do the best to improve our service. Thank you.
2017-12-22
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-22 15:15
As from iphone 6 , you can put screen iphone n standard in stead of zoomed in that will fix it as from iphone 6 and above. However iphone 5 doesnt have this option. The only fix for the iphone 5 is to upgrade the app to .20

Where to find that 4.1.20 ? I also was told that was a former version. That must be as 4.1.18 was the latest. And I check almost every day if a newer version is out, to hopefully have that pop-up screen fixed.
2017-12-23
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

Simmo1 Posted at 2017-12-22 14:57
Is there a little blue dot you can tap?

Yes there is a little blue dot. But when tapping that, another screen comes up. Nothing to tap there but a X in the right upper, and then the former screen comes again.
2017-12-23
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-12-22 15:08
That's a bug that reportedly has been addressed in 4.1.20, so I'd update and see if that takes care of your problems. Good luck.

Hi Ex Machina,
So in version 4.1.20 this also was an issue?
And to me it's some strange that the former version of 4.1.18 is 4.1.20
On the app store I only can find version 4.1.18, the latest version...
It's really sad that DJI is not really helping out people with this problem for such a long time...

Sja, I got told top restart the app while hoovering the drone. NOT the way I would like to use this expensive machine.
2017-12-23
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-22 15:15
As from iphone 6 , you can put screen iphone n standard in stead of zoomed in that will fix it as from iphone 6 and above. However iphone 5 doesnt have this option. The only fix for the iphone 5 is to upgrade the app to .20

Hi there!

Sja, no matter what, I also tried to set all setting on the iPhone 5S in standard. Doesn't make any difference. Did the recent update of iOS, latest version now. Nothing changed.
'Back' to 4.1.20 is some strange to me. As normally former version have lower number rather than higher. As I only can see in the app store that 4.1.18 is the latest version. And I am told to go back to version 4.1.20 ???
Then, where to find this former version 4.1.20 and how to do that.
Also the firmware. Normally firmware needs to be updated for better performance with the newer software. Older software can create problems when the firmware is newer. Firmware usually can't easily be downgraded, or just can't get downgraded. And if it's possible, I like to know where to find that and how to do that. DJI doesn't tell me that.

Next to all this, I think it doesn't have to be such a big fix for people who are capable of creating apps like this, to solve such a minor but super annoying error.
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Robica Posted at 2017-12-23 03:09
Where to find that 4.1.20 ? I also was told that was a former version. That must be as 4.1.18 was the latest. And I check almost every day if a newer version is out, to hopefully have that pop-up screen fixed.

Robica, as Thor mentioned in 5#, the latest IOS version V4.1.20 has been released at a staged rollout. It takes some time to appear in your end, please connect the Internet and check later.
2017-12-23
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-23 22:30
Robica, as Thor mentioned in 5#, the latest IOS version V4.1.20 has been released at a staged rollout. It takes some time to appear in your end, please connect the Internet and check later.

Hi Susan. So there is a NEW update then. Why didn't Adamao P told me so. I was told it was a former one. But this is a try-out version or how that is called?
Where to find that?
2017-12-24
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Why would u fly with an iphone 5s.....so tiny lol
2017-12-24
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-12-24 06:25
Why would u fly with an iphone 5s.....so tiny lol

If you can spare me an iPad, I can give you my address ;-)
2017-12-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am glad you figured out that .20 is the latest update. But hold tight .22 is coming soon . ( see specs fw update anouncement 21 december)
2017-12-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

In the spark forum
2017-12-24
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-24 08:36
I am glad you figured out that .20 is the latest update. But hold tight .22 is coming soon . ( see specs fw update anouncement 21 december)

I hope that the 4.1.20 update will solve that problem, if not I will try the 4.1.22
If 4.1.20 is ok, I just stick with that.
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Robica Posted at 2017-12-24 03:49
Hi Susan. So there is a NEW update then. Why didn't Adamao P told me so. I was told it was a former one. But this is a try-out version or how that is called?
Where to find that?

I'm not sure where do you get the news, but we do not release any announcement like this. The V4.1.20 is the official version which released at a staged rollout, and it will come soon.
2017-12-25
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 22:11
I'm not sure where do you get the news, but we do not release any announcement like this. The V4.1.20 is the official version which released at a staged rollout, and it will come soon.

Hi Susan,

I just received a message via DJI (Amadeo) that there is now even version 4.1.22
And I hope the pop-up-screen in a loop on iPhone 5S is solved now.

Will let you know as well, as soon I have the time to install and try out.

Kind regards, Robica, The Netherlands

PS: normally when an app has an update, it will automatically update, or in the app the update will be announced. I didn't see this happen. Did therefor search for it myself, but the 4.1.18 version kept being the first on the screen in the app-store. And therefor I didn't see a new release.
2017-12-26
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 22:11

Hi Susan,

I just received a message via DJI (Amadeo) that there is now even version 4.1.22
And I hope the pop-up-screen in a loop on iPhone 5S is solved now.

Will let you know as well, as soon I have the time to install and try out.

PS: normally when an app has an update, it will automatically update, or in the app the update will be announced. I didn't see this happen. Did therefor search for it myself, but the 4.1.18 version kept being the first on the screen in the app-store. And therefor I didn't see a new release.
2017-12-26
Use props
Sword
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1476 ft
Philippines

You may try to uninstall the app and then install it again. Before I also noted that others said they could update app to a newer version, but I didn't receive any notice in APP Store, and it only showed an old version. Then I uninstall it and re-download it. Amazingly, it is the latest version. So you can have a try I think.
2017-12-26
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

Sword Posted at 2017-12-26 10:02
You may try to uninstall the app and then install it again. Before I also noted that others said they could update app to a newer version, but I didn't receive any notice in APP Store, and it only showed an old version. Then I uninstall it and re-download it. Amazingly, it is the latest version. So you can have a try I think.

Thanks Sword. I will also try to delete it first and then download it again.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Robica Posted at 2017-12-26 04:33
Hi Susan,

Robica, sorry for the confusion, the latest IOS version is V4.1.20 and the latest Android version is V4.1.22. The IOS V4.1.22 has not been released, please kindly note. The safety notice issue has been fixed in V4.1.20, please check later and let us know whether it works.
2017-12-27
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-27 23:15
Robica, sorry for the confusion, the latest IOS version is V4.1.20 and the latest Android version is V4.1.22. The IOS V4.1.22 has not been released, please kindly note. The safety notice issue has been fixed in V4.1.20, please check later and let us know whether it works.

Hey Susan,

AHA ! Yes, so that 4.1.22 is for android. That makes it all more clear yes.

Thank you so much for this message! As soon I have time to try the new app with the Mavic I will let you know if all is OK now on the iPhone 5S with the 4.1.20 app.

Kind regards, Robica, The Netherlands.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Robica Posted at 2017-12-28 03:13
Hey Susan,

AHA ! Yes, so that 4.1.22 is for android. That makes it all more clear yes.

You are welcome. We'll be here all the time, feel free to contact us if you have other questions.
2017-12-28
Use props
fanse34639cb
lvl.2
Israel

The fix for me with IPhone SE.
Update phone to latest, delete your go4 app, go to App Store and get the new go4 app,
This will allow you to click the blue circle and clear the warning:
This must be done every flight in a restricted flight zone.
Works great!
2017-12-28
Use props
Robica
lvl.2
Netherlands

fanse34639cb Posted at 2017-12-28 21:09
The fix for me with IPhone SE.
Update phone to latest, delete your go4 app, go to App Store and get the new go4 app,
This will allow you to click the blue circle and clear the warning:

Hey Fanse,

Great. If this works for you with iPhone5SE it also should be ok with the iPhone 5S
And yes, exactly that is what I was talking about. Just not able to click that blue dot. So now that is working. Wonderful!!

2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules