Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Short Range
1557 11 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I havent really read through all the recent posts, but I havent updated my phantom or controller since like July I think, and now all of a sudden I cant seem to fly past 500m without losing signal. I watch the strength fluctuate greatly and this area is an area where i sued to get over 1-2 miles. Both the picture and control is lost at the same time rather than just one. So im stuck on updating to this dreaded firmware or not.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mr Pina, does the issue appear in every flight? What's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? How about changing to another open place without interference to verify? Please help us check, thanks!
2017-12-25
Use props
fans3ee499f4
New
Australia

I'm having the exact same issue. Finding it really difficult to get some solid range from the P4, even in rural areas where there shouldn't be any interference.

I'm running:
App: 4.1.20
AC: 02.00.0106
RC: 1.9.3

Any help or suggestions would be great appreciated.
2017-12-27
Use props
Dan2fs2ns
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17480 ft
United States

Same issue here with P3S, very short range, rural areas that I can't imagine would have any interference.
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dan2fs2ns Posted at 2017-12-27 06:30
Same issue here with P3S, very short range, rural areas that I can't imagine would have any interference.

What sort of range do you get with the P3S, it is quite limited in range by its technology.

From the 3S Spec':-

Max Transmission Distance
FCC: 1000 m
CE: 500 m
(outdoors and unobstructed, aircraft's altitude at 400 feet (120 m))
2017-12-27
Use props
jwt-873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

What device/tablet are you using?

FWIW, When I got my P4 over a year and a half ago, I used an iPad Air with my controller..  It worked fine.  I've flown up to two miles away using it as my device.

I upgraded last summer and bought an iPad Pro 9.7.  I kept the Air as a backup..

Since I installed iOS11 on the iPad Air it's been garbage. It has slowed down considerably.  I can't fly much over 500 meters now using the Air.  I get horrible breakups, freezing and green lines.   Fortunately, the iPad Pro still works.   In my case, I'm pretty sure that this is an Apple operating system issue.

I'm wondering  (since the Air is an older device) whether or not Apple did the 'slowdown' thing to 'preserve' the battery.

2017-12-27
Use props
veekman530
United States

I have the same problem...after the new firmware DJI put out. Before I updated I had 1 mile+ range, now I have like 500-700 feet!!! We got screwed with this "new" firmware.
2017-12-27
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

We the consumer of DJI products are stuck with a recommended device list that has 6 to 10 year old products on it that quite frankly can't be bought anymore unless you go to Ebay and buy some used device of yesteryear. #1 when is DJI going to fix their Faulty updates and #2 When is DJI going to Update their recommended device list with products that are being sold today and work with todays operating systems.
2017-12-27
Use props
Nick Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

I had this same issue with my p4 after the update earlier this month. I have since been to 2 different locations and racked up nearly 2 kilometres in an open space.
2017-12-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I cannot get much over 500m without the parabolic, this is in open land (dont get much flatter the norfolk here in the UK)
I have the P4P and obviously in CE for UK, using the latest 4.1.18 and newest firmware but also was the same on Go 4.1.15 and firmware prior to latest
2017-12-27
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

The only thing that has been updated is IOS and the DJI Go app for me, so either one of those is causing the issue, I cant imagine it's IOS though...
2017-12-28
Use props
Suidog
lvl.1
United States

Same with me. After firmware update it’s garbage. I have the lastest beta firmware (because I was also getting the occasional Gimble lock on the camera) and it’s not fixed still. iPhone 7 with latest version of 11.x.  I think I saw somewhere they had to reduce some of the available channels because they were messing with cellar frequencies.  Any truth to this?  Anyone else see this?
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules