Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost my P3 SE
123Next >
5814 90 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-12-24 05:10
I have emailed so will wait their reply.  I have sent the flight logs and other data.

Noted with thanks! The support will help to start a case and proceed the data analysis. If you need any help, please come back with the case number, thanks!
2017-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-12-25 21:34
I hope everyone has a good xmas and new years.  I have several friends coming to stay at my place for the weekend so lots of wine beer BBQ and good times will be happening.  Looking forward to our local fireworks display and a midnight dance with my misses in the cold mountain air.

I be lucky I got captured by a head hunting jungle bunny who kept me as her man Friday. I didn't get my head removed from my body as has happened to so many previous tresspassers on tribal lands up here.

It continues to amaze me, how polite and civil you are. I realize that down inside, below the skin and tissue we are all very much alike, but a few members here are extremely course and verbally abuseive towards DJI and fellow members alike. As if we chose them to have a negative experience.
Your videos have always been entertaining, enlightening, and quite often awe inspiring. Your bravado was always witnessed with your high flying. At least we never had to guess where you would be, often above the cloud line.
I know that you will figure out a way to replace that wayward drone, and continue to amaze  us all.
Until then, you will continue to be a friend to me and many others here. We are all rooting for you to succeed and continue on your wonderful, wonder filled journey of discovery.

Thanks for being a positive role model for others here to witness and hopefully replicate, in their own unique ways.
Thanks for all you brought us, and will most surely bring to the forum again. I'm sure of that. ;-)
Have yourself a great holiday, how ever you celebrate it down there. & stop pestering the natives.
Your luck may run out, Then, One of these days...

RedHotPoker
2017-12-25
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Blackcrusader 家住阿里山. 照片都在玉山國家公園拍的
2017-12-25
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-25 22:23
It continues to amaze me, how polite and civil you are. I realize that down inside, below the skin and tissue we are all very much alike, but a few members here are extremely course and verbally abuseive towards DJI and fellow members alike. Like we chose them to have s negative experience.
Your videos have always been entertaining, enlightening, and quite often awe inspiring. Your bravado was always witnessed with your high flying. At least we never had to guess where you would be, often above the cloud line.
I know that you will figure out a way to replace that wayward drone, and continue to amaze  us all.

BC was actually pretty cool about the whole thing when it happened as well. Ok, he was a little flustered when the app crashed and he couldn't re-open it to cancel the auto landing. But afterwards, he just let it roll off him. "Just one of those things that happen in life," he said. Maybe it's age. He'll be up flying again regardless.
2017-12-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-12-26 00:04
BC was actually pretty cool about the whole thing when it happened as well. Ok, he was a little flustered when the app crashed and he couldn't re-open it to cancel the auto landing. But afterwards, he just let it roll off him. "Just one of those things that happen in life," he said. Maybe it's age. He'll be up flying again regardless.

I'm sure your close friendship has helped him get over the drone loss as well.
It helps when others can share our pain, or hurt. Takes some of the weight off of our shoulders.

I have a few RC buddies here, and know that our time together is always precious.
It's always more enjoyable to fly our RC models with others.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-26
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-12-25 23:55

赞....流口水流到家了.... 我们这里太烂了...没啥好拍的地方,只能往外国去飞!
2017-12-26
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-12-26 00:04
BC was actually pretty cool about the whole thing when it happened as well. Ok, he was a little flustered when the app crashed and he couldn't re-open it to cancel the auto landing. But afterwards, he just let it roll off him. "Just one of those things that happen in life," he said. Maybe it's age. He'll be up flying again regardless.

Dronesmeg was landing his drone at the same time I had issues so normally when I could hear my drone this time I heard his landing lol.

Thanks to Dronesmeg for getting me two mornings of hiking exercise which I needed.  We both flew his drone using my batteries and one time my phone as his had switched off and we couldn't get it rebooted lol. So we used his drone over the tree tops and then we used GPS and went along the latitude and longitude until the mountain became too steep and dangerous to continue any further.  If the SE had made it through the trees somehow then it would have cartwheeled another couple of thousand feet to oblivion. We did not wish to join it.   Too bad I lost good footage really.
2017-12-26
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-12-25 23:55

TAIWAN #1

You need to remember where we are.
2017-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sorry to hear this, it’s never pleasant when someone loses aptheir drone although it’s late telling you this but switching S & P buttons will halt landing .
Hope your back flying and getting more of those spectacular shots soon.
2017-12-26
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

Siambuddhas Gro Posted at 2017-12-26 00:59
赞....流口水流到家了.... 我们这里太烂了...没啥好拍的地方,只能往外国去飞!

你 那邊附近應該有漂亮風景吧. 沒有也沒關係. 下次可以來這邊找我們玩!
2017-12-26
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
Second Officer
Singapore

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-12-26 22:11

ID 地方显示香港...但人住在新加坡啊.....看来没法改...
这里真的没好地方拍摄.. 除了滨海花园..但要从外面飞进....
2017-12-28
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
Second Officer
Singapore

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-12-26 22:11

会的....但不知在两年后我们还会在飞翔吗??哈哈....
2017-12-29
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-22 22:40
If i lived close by i would gladly help you search for it unfortunately you live on the other side of the planet.
i wish you the best of luck and hope you find it still in one piece

Here is the video Dronesmeg was able to make from our flights together.

I will get another drone as it's worth it to get vids like this.

2018-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-1 22:20

I am still hopeful that something positive comes out if this.
Misadventures are rarely satisfying outcomes, so I am keeping an optimists outlook.

Good luck and best wishes.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-1
Use props
HG1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173002 ft
United States

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Phantom. But this makes me want to attach  a TILE or two to my P4P...
2018-1-1
Use props
HG1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173002 ft
United States

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-12-23 00:45
You really wouldn't have been able to help. We went looking on 2 separate days and used the coordinates of the drone's last known location to pinpoint where we looked. The terrain is very steep and difficult. It's located in Taiwan's tallest mountain range, after all. We got to almost the drone's exact last known location. But from there, the terrain became super steep, to the point where ropes and harnesses would have been needed to traverse it. There was a lot of bamboo and assorted undergrowth that made seeing even what was at our feet tough. We gave it a good try. It's gone.

I viewed BC's logs and they point to a false critical battery warning that occurred with 50% battery life remaining, which initiated auto landing. Soon thereafter, his app crashed, making it impossible for him to cancel the auto landing, control the landing, see where it was landing through live view or initiate RTH. Weird sequence of events.

Beautiful shot.
2018-1-1
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

Cheers for that.
2018-1-1
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-23 23:28
Sir, I'm sorry to read the flyaway. Please kindly start a case and report the accident via .  We'd suggest to do data analysis to check the exact status if the drone is still in warranty period. Please kindly offer your case number once you got it, we'll keep follow up and update.

As for the warranty, sorry for the confusion, I believe they referred is the China Mainland area. For customers from Taiwan, the support team will be there for help all the time.

HI all good news...   I was pretty sure there was something wrong to get critical low battery at near 50%

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For the unfortunate incident happened to your aircraft, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis.

We would like to offer you a replacement, Phantom 3 SE without charger and remote. Please kindly inform us below:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:
2018-1-12
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Taiwan

Good to hear, Jim. Thought you had a case with this incident. Good on DJI for supporting their customers and fans.
2018-1-12
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Seeing the shots you get BC instils envy in most of us that just can't attempt those beautiful vista's. I think DJI should send you an inspire just so you can keep posting those views.  
2018-1-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

MerlinL14 Posted at 2018-1-12 04:44
Seeing the shots you get BC instils envy in most of us that just can't attempt those beautiful vista's. I think DJI should send you an inspire just so you can keep posting those views.

Yeah we are lucky to be able to fly where we do.  No aircraft to worry about, very few people and no flying restrictions at this location.  

I think they should send me a Matrice 600
2018-1-12
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Glad to see progress for a replacement! Looks very promising. Hang in there BC, more days of flying are on their way!
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-12 02:12
HI all good news...   I was pretty sure there was something wrong to get critical low battery at near 50%

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know it has been figured out. Happy flying!
2018-1-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-14 03:14
Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know it has been figured out. Happy flying!

Thanks Susan.   I have seen other people who had issues with their SE and got a replacement.
My email was answered in 3 days after I sent in all the logs and other information requested.

I believe that maybe a defective batch of drones was made. I look forward to getting my replacement.
2018-1-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done and great CS from DJI
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-14 03:24
Thanks Susan.   I have seen other people who had issues with their SE and got a replacement.
My email was answered in 3 days after I sent in all the logs and other information requested.

Could you share your case number here? I'd like to check the exact status.
2018-1-15
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 02:28
Could you share your case number here? I'd like to check the exact status.

CAS-1403205-P5W5W1 CRM:0245000000980
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-16 04:55
CAS-1403205-P5W5W1 CRM:0245000000980

Sir, per the case number you offered, it is individual incident and we do not find any pilot error in the flight records. Thus it is concluded as a warranty case. It seems that you still not offer a China Mainland address, please kindly confirm at the earliest convenience, thanks!
2018-1-18
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-18 22:42
Sir, per the case number you offered, it is individual incident and we do not find any pilot error in the flight records. Thus it is concluded as a warranty case. It seems that you still not offer a China Mainland address, please kindly confirm at the earliest convenience, thanks!

Yup I will email address asap.  Sorry I have been slow to provide it. Your service was faster than my replies

Excellent from all the DJI staff who helped on this matter   

2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-19 16:58
Yup I will email address asap.  Sorry I have been slow to provide it. Your service was faster than my replies

Excellent from all the DJI staff who helped on this matter

Thanks for your nice words which filled us with motivation to move on. Hopefully the new one arrived soon.
2018-1-22
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 19:05
Thanks for your nice words which filled us with motivation to move on. Hopefully the new one arrived soon.

Thanks DJI Susan.

Best we be careful with being so polite to each other,  people will say we're in love.
2018-1-23
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-23 02:11
Thanks DJI Susan.

Best we be careful with being so polite to each other,  people will say we're in love.

Hmmmm, how could you flirt with the Admin publicly? Susan is our goddess!
2018-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-23 02:11
Thanks DJI Susan.

So you're only Human after all? Haha

Us mere mortals, have to stick together... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-1-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I'm happy for you, good buddy. Thank your lucky stars, the folks upstairs had mercy on your soul. Haha

Have to admit, I am a wee bit anxious, to see what you do, with this bad boy... ;-)

Might as well go UFO hunting.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-25
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
Second Officer
Singapore

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-1 22:20

太美了,记得放上水影啊,免得别人抄袭作品。
2018-1-25
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Congrats and good for you!
2018-1-25
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-25 07:39
So you're only Human after all? Haha

Yes a mere mortal after all.
2018-1-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2018-1-26 04:41
Yes a mere mortal after all.

But you can always give your drone a little voodoo encouragement! Haha

Rub a little magic dust on the props... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-1-26
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

MichealMedia Posted at 2018-1-24 01:59
Hmmmm, how could you flirt with the Admin publicly? Susan is our goddess!

A friend sent me this in a PM.  I thought it was appropriate to share it.

Yes, true romance. Ha
2018-1-27
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 22:21
Noted with thanks! The support will help to start a case and proceed the data analysis. If you need any help, please come back with the case number, thanks!

HI DJI Susan

It has been more than a month since I emailed the China address for the replacement drone to be sent to. I have sent follow up emails but get no reply from DJI.   Perhaps you can ask them did they take a long vacation and forget about my replacement drone?

Hi there

Please send me the shipping company and tracking number so my friend can follow up.

Thanks

Chang Shih An

On 23-Jan-18 1:21 PM, DJI Support wrote:
> Hi Chang Shih An,
>
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> We have already got your shipping address.
>
> I have informed my colleagues to follow up on your case and they will assist you directly.
>
> You may receive a few emails from us saying as if you have sent some units back to us. It’s due to our special workflow, and you may simply ignore them.
>
> Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.
>
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Lydia
> DJI Tech Support
> http://www.dji.com/
2018-2-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now