1746 20 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey folks, finally managed to get one at what i thought was a good price over here in the UK @ £130, I have not test flown yet but i have installed all that i need for flying and i have tested the live video on the ground, so far i am impressed, its not quite up to the same ram as my Note 3 (3gb) but im hoping the CPU should make up where it may lack in ram.
I only wanted it for the bigger screen and then if i go for any non dji goggles, fatshark for example, i can use the HDMI from the Nvidia to the goggles and then i shall be able to see all of the telementry that you can see in the app now to save a little bit longer to make up for the spend I will report back later if i manage to get off the ground, but so far, DJI GO is working great
2017-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I look forward to reading your satisfied use of it.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-22
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

good luck i hope all works out well for you
2017-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope to be writing it lol from what i have heard and read, i shouldnt be disappointed....
2017-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-22 23:08
good luck i hope all works out well for you

Thanks, i appreciate it
2017-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-22 23:09
I hope to be writing it lol from what i have heard and read, i shouldnt be disappointed....

It's been well used by many here. No problem...

RedHotPoker
2017-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That was the reason for going for it, plus its recommended by DJI too
2017-12-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bashy,

If you want the HDMI to work well, FatSharks are low resolution.  The reason racers like FatShark is because there is very little lag so the flier is really in the cockpit!  Eachine sells the Goggles Two for $140 US, or so. They are 1080p and provide amazing clarity.  I get 20/20 vision out of them (with 3 diopter reading glasses).  There are also auxiliary monitors like the GeChic ones, usually 15.6 inches with 1080p resolution for $200 US and an external battery for $30-$40 US.

The nVidia Shield K1 is preset for 4K video.  Intel goes to NVidia for custom processors.  nVidia processors are used in a great many Android tablets since Nintendo bought the nVidia Shield X1 for their new consol. Good thing you got your hands on one!

Be sure to update it to Nougat 7.2 or above and nVidia firmware 5.2 or above.  The older firmware and OS had connectivity issues.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you Cetacean appreciate the advice, will have a look those goggles and also check the firmwares on the device
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean , i am on Android 7.0 and Nvida 5.3, says its up to date
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, trial over, not overly impressed, perhaps its cause its on Nougat 7.0 but it shut down once and it closed the app 2 or 3 times, any thoughts please?

I did read that it needs to be on an earlier firmware??
2017-12-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That's what I've read too.  I am on Android 6 and don't have any problems.  But I've heard others have had problems when they upgraded, so I've dutifully left mine where it is.  So far so good.

As far as the crashing thing, you might put in a nice SD card and consider adoptive storage.  That might help.  Mine still crashes occassionally but it's rare.  

http://nvidiashieldzone.com/more ... roid-6-marshmallow/

2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys, i will look into this...
2017-12-23
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Not to "Pile On" but I also have kept my Nividia Shield at Android 6 because of the reported issues with the Android GO APP (Before 4P).  I have not had issues with video or flight control.
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pile on all ya like I have just downgraded to 6.0 and only installing DJI go and HD Sync and DU recorder
2017-12-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-23 08:55
Pile on all ya like  I have just downgraded to 6.0 and only installing DJI go and HD Sync and DU recorder

I had the same issue as you. I had an older Shield with 6.0 and it worked great. Gave it to my son so I bought a new one. This was a year ago. It came with 6.0 but I forgot to turn off the auto-update and it installed 7.0 Nougat. Yep, totally screwed it up. Had to root the device and I put 6.0 back on an all has been good the whole year. Not disputing Cetacean comments, but I haven't heard where the newer versions will work ok. I would stay on 6.0.....it works!
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

perhaps it was because he is on about 7.2 where as i was on 7.0 and yours had updated so was more than likely on 7.0 too? thats all i can think of....

I am on 6.0.1 and staying put now, thank folks, having said that, i aint tested it yet and will be a wee while before i can cause of the winds and or rain down this way
2017-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I bought the iPad Air2 after reading a lot about the best use of devices, for our drones.
So far, it has been a 100% positive experience. I hope you can get your device to work as effectively.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks RHP, Apple was way out of budget and i think i must be allergic to them cause my brain says no...... although, in this instance, my aversion to them wouldnt have hurt none seen as it would be only used as a screen for the  app, humph, oh well, i have heard a lot of good about the K1 and the only bad was when i posted about having got one, on FB someone said not to update cause of connection issues etc mine was already on 7.0 :/ then on here someone said to make sure it was on 7.2 again, mine was on 7.0 so in effect i was in the middle, the only way to get 7.2 was to jailbreak and manually add it and the same goes for 6.0, the majority were saying about 6.0 no doubt cause of the bad experience on 7.0 so i went for the safer option, and a stripped down version at the too and Gapps, im about as lite as i want to go, not even going to bother with any other app apart from HD Sync, like i said, i cant test it now for ages ok a few days lol

PS, what Nvidia firmware are you guys on? i can only find 5.2 with android 7.0, i cant find 5.2 with android 6 :/
It looks like i have to go the official route cause i cannot output HDMI without the nvdia software

PPS, i cannot find anythign regarding nougat 7.2 anywhere :/
2017-12-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-23 22:05
Thanks RHP, Apple was way out of budget and i think i must be allergic to them cause my brain says no...... although, in this instance, my aversion to them wouldnt have hurt none seen as it would be only used as a screen for the  app, humph, oh well, i have heard a lot of good about the K1 and the only bad was when i posted about having got one, on FB someone said not to update cause of connection issues etc mine was already on 7.0 :/ then on here someone said to make sure it was on 7.2 again, mine was on 7.0 so in effect i was in the middle, the only way to get 7.2 was to jailbreak and manually add it and the same goes for 6.0, the majority were saying about 6.0 no doubt cause of the bad experience on 7.0 so i went for the safer option, and a stripped down version at the too and Gapps, im about as lite as i want to go, not even going to bother with any other app apart from HD Sync, like i said, i cant test it now for ages  ok a few days lol

PS, what Nvidia firmware are you guys on? i can only find 5.2 with android 7.0, i cant find 5.2 with android 6 :/

Aloha Bashy,

Really, I cannot find anything on it to.  I did find Nougat 7.1.1, Nougat 7.1.2 and Nougat 7.2 but they were not in relation to the nVidia Shield K1.  Best you stay on Android 6 (Marshmallow) for now.  The problem may be due to nVidia cancelling the K1 when they sold the X1 to Nintendo.  

I will say that my nVidia Shield K1 is not on Marshmallow, it is on Nougat and since the upgrade to 7.2 it works great!  I did go through the problems everyone mentions about Nougat 7, but not anymore.  Maybe there is still hope.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It keeps asking me to upgrade to 5.2 but thats only with 7.0,  not even 7.1.1 let alone 7.2, i will have another look, their could be a mash up somewhere that has both   thanks any way and Merry Xmas
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules