Can you use the same prop guards as for the PS2?
1719 9 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hankhill123
lvl.1

United States

Wondering this because I heard the motors are slightly angled on the PS3?

Update:

DJI-Autumn

2015-4-17 17:14
yes.
2015-4-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The answer is yes.  We flew the P3 for the last 4 days at NAB using the P2 prop guards while in the cage.  In this video you can see them.

2015-4-17
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Just wanted to check in to ask if anyone has already installed them on their P3. I had them on my P2 and I thought they were well worth it.

I think this time, though, I want to get the quick-lock kind -- something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Summitlink ... lease/dp/B00RFX2L6G

The main reason I want something that you can easily snap on/remove is so that I can easily put my bird in my new case:
http://www.drone-world.com/phantom-3-custom-case-black

I didn't have a case previously so it was no big deal.
2015-5-4
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

According to DJI, the P2 prop guards are not compatible with the P3, but P3 prop guards are coming soon:

"Note: Phantom 2 series propeller guards are not compatible with the Phantom 3. Propeller guards for the Phantom 3 are coming soon."

DJI Official Store

I hope DJI is working on two versions: permanent and quick-release.

2015-5-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh, that's strange since they first claimed they were compatible......

I got some of the quick snap type but it appears they make the guards even lower than with screwing them on. They get in the way of shots!

The P3 is stable enough and I am now confident of my flying - so I don't think I am going to use them. But if I have to fly a lot in tight areas I may.
2015-5-29
Use props
gdonnybeck
lvl.2

United States

I have my P2 guards on my P3, no issues, maybe a dozen flights so far.

btw, had my P2 for about 26 days when the P3 was announced, returned the P2 the next day and ordered the P3.

Donny
2015-5-29
Use props
1randy.pence
lvl.3

United States

gdonnybeck@gmai Posted at 2015-5-30 11:21
I have my P2 guards on my P3, no issues, maybe a dozen flights so far.

btw, had my P2 for about 26  ...

Dear DJI Customer,

Please note that Phantom 2 propeller guards are not compatible with the Phantom 3.

We strongly recommend that you do not use the Phantom 2 series Propeller Guards that you bought with your Phantom 3, or that you remove them now and do not continue using them.

DJI will send you new Propeller Guards custom-built for the Phantom 3 as soon as they become available, completely free of charge.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

DJI
2015-5-30
Use props
shaggyhoyle1
lvl.2
United States

The prop guards rubbed the blades on 2 of my motors.I removed them right away
2015-5-30
Use props
robert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1119 ft
United States

I have been using the Summit removable guards on my P3 for 4 weeks now, now problems what so ever, the motors are tilted so the props have about a 1/4" clearance on one side and about a 1/2" on the other.
They have not caused any flight problems for me.
I could see that if you used cheap flimsy guards that they might flex and hit the props, The Summit removable guards are very sturdy IMO.
2015-5-30
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

When I ordered my P# I also ordered the guards that said they were for the P2 and P#. A week or so later I got this email.

Dear DJI Customer,

Please note that Phantom 2 propeller guards are not compatible with the Phantom 3.

As you have already ordered Propeller Guards, we will ship your Phantom 3 first, and then ship Propeller Guards custom-built for the Phantom 3 to you separately at a later date, when they become available. DJI will handle the additional delivery cost for this.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

DJI
2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules