Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do I have to do before selling a DJI product ???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexVideoShark
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello to all ...
after buying the new phantom 4 pro ... I finally decided to sell my phantom 3 adv ...
but what do I have to do before selling a DJI? I mean ... the phantom 3 is registered in my name ... like all the other DJI products ... what do I have to do before selling them?

Hello everybody
Alex

2017-12-23
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Pls pls pls

DJI help me .....
2017-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-12-23 05:15
Pls pls pls

DJI help me .....

There's nothing you need to do.
Just find a buyer and swap your Phantom for his money.
2017-12-23
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The registration will automatically transfer over to the new owner once they create an account with dji and register.
You dont need to do anything.
2017-12-23
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-23 05:18
There's nothing you need to do.
Just find a buyer and swap your Phantom for his money.

Maybe I already found him ...
but .... the phantom was activated on my name ...
so... can I disattivate it or something before to sell ?
2017-12-23
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-23 05:25
The registration will automatically transfer over to the new owner once they create an account with dji and register.
You dont need to do anything.

ok got it ... many thanks ... much better like this
2017-12-23
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The first thing you must do is partake in the ritual of yubitsume.  Then, and only then, may you part with your DJI product.
2017-12-23
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-23 06:21
The first thing you must do is partake in the ritual of yubitsume.  Then, and only then, may you part with your DJI product.

I have now completed the ritual ... but I still do not feel ready ....
Hahahhaahhaaa yayaya  ...
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Alex, I'm afraid that the drone can not be deactivated and the registration info can not be changed. The new owner can use his DJI Account to fly the drone, no worries.
2017-12-25
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 00:27
Hello Alex, I'm afraid that the drone can not be deactivated and the registration info can not be changed. The new owner can use his DJI Account to fly the drone, no worries.

Ok ... many thanks DJI Susan for your answer....
the only problem... or the only my question is about my country (Italy)
where the legislature about Drone are very serious... ( maybe same like others country ) ...
so ... I’m thinking should be better have a document with s/n of RC and drone signed by  seller (me) and buyer.... in order to pass  the responsibilities and properties from a certain date ....
I think this should be better for both person...
because who buy can have something to show like a prove that him is the new owner...
and who sell have something just in case the new owner fly or wrong something ... like crash or broke a window....  
in Italy ... a stitch in time saves nine ...  

BTW ....
marry Christmas to everyone...
AlexVideoShark
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-12-25 01:16
the only problem... or the only my question is about my country (Italy)
where the legislature about Drone are very serious... ( maybe same like others country ) ...

Thanks for clarification. I understand. Good luck!
2017-12-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-12-25 01:16
the only problem... or the only my question is about my country (Italy)

Aloha Alex,

From what I can tell in this thread, the date of ownership is documented through DJI and their servers.  You will need to work together with the buyer to transfer responsibility from you to the buyer.  This will be done when the buyer creates a new account with DJI and you enter the information from the Phantom into the buyer's new account.  The buyer will need an active email address to open the account.

If there should be a problem at some point in the future, you will have the buyer's email address and the serial number of the Phantom you sold them.  DJI uses the account email address as a control point for any account.  You will be able to establish that the buyer assumed responsibility at such and such a date by directing any authority to DJI customer relations and the information will be available as long as they have the buyer's email address.

If the buyer should try to evade responsibility at some point in the future, the problem will be between them and DJI since you will have already been cleared of responsibility when they opened their account with DJI and the serial number of the Phantom.  Be sure the buyer understands the importance of opening the account with DJI and you should witness the event just like you would witness the signature on the Transfer of Ownership document when selling a car.  (You then send in the Transfer of Ownership for the car, BTW.  Never trust the buyer to send in the Transfer of Ownership)

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-26
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 23:43
Thanks for clarification. I understand. Good luck!

Many thanks to you ...
I believe in DJI systems... as already I wrote before...
and I’m also sure that the local authority when need , can found everything that they need ...
but ... there is always an “but” ...
1st ... should be some problem with privacy laws
And more ... in my country is always better think about next step... before something happen ... that’s way I was thinking about a document between me and buyer...
in any case ... I’m sure that you already understand me ... so
Many thanks DJI Susan again
2017-12-27
Use props
Filippo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4117756 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

In the privacy policy of DJI they state that the logs can be released to Authorities in case of express requests and in case of investigations. I make an example. I sell my drone and I cannot deregister. The new owner causes a major accident and run away. The police find the drone and start investigation and see that that drone is under my name. Ask to DJI and they must release the log to proceed with the process.
So I think the only way to keep you safe is to write down a paper where there is a property transfer with names, document number, date and time of the transfer. At least is something that in case police call you, you have some references. But definitely DJI should find a solution to this. Is like selling a car, there must be a process to this, as far as there is no obligation of registering at local Civil Aviation Authorities and then there will be a local deregistration. Need also witness to the registration account and serials of the new owner.
2018-9-27
Use props
Elettrone78
Captain
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-12-27 10:50
Many thanks to you ...
I believe in DJI systems... as already I wrote before...
and I’m also sure that the local authority when need , can found everything that they need ...

Fatti firmare un foglio con cessazione di proprietà, fine.
2018-9-27
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-9-27 09:21
Fatti firmare un foglio con cessazione di proprietà, fine.

Grazie per i vostri preziosi consigli
Al momento  in Italia sembra essere  l’unica soluzione

2018-9-27
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Filippo@A330 Posted at 2018-9-27 01:05
In the privacy policy of DJI they state that the logs can be released to Authorities in case of express requests and in case of investigations. I make an example. I sell my drone and I cannot deregister. The new owner causes a major accident and run away. The police find the drone and start investigation and see that that drone is under my name. Ask to DJI and they must release the log to proceed with the process.
So I think the only way to keep you safe is to write down a paper where there is a property transfer with names, document number, date and time of the transfer. At least is something that in case police call you, you have some references. But definitely DJI should find a solution to this. Is like selling a car, there must be a process to this, as far as there is no obligation of registering at local Civil Aviation Authorities and then there will be a local deregistration. Need also witness to the registration account and serials of the new owner.

Hi Filippo
Thanks for your  suggestions
In Italy Looks like the only way to avoid any problem
2018-9-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I would say a blessing.... it treated you very well.

Hopefully, it carries on that awesome service.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules