Clean up DJI CrystalSky mount for Spark
1603 7 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans43f6fe3e
lvl.1
United States

I have a hard time believing the DJI CrystalSky mount cabling for the Spark is such an after though. I also have a Mavic ... which is better but requires a pigtail twist to get connected (on right in pictures). I love the mechanics and ergomonics of the mount though ... even returning a MavMount which I disliked. WiFi works fine from the CS to the Spark so while awaiting a clean cabling solution I just removed the USB cable from the mounting bracket. Peel back the rubber mount surface and 4 small phillips screws later just remove the cable and reassemble. Just be carefule of the little silver ball pin which secures the lock lever open/closed

Easy to disassemble DJI CrystalSky Mount

Spark RC on the left w/o usb cable .... Mavic RC on right with twisted usb cable
2017-12-23
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

So did you shorten the cable or what? Not following. I don´t mind the twist really but it seems weird.
2017-12-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Swedrone Posted at 2017-12-28 05:13
So did you shorten the cable or what? Not following. I don´t mind the twist really but it seems weird.

Because Spark can be wi-fi, the Op removed the superfluous cable.

The only issue arises when the DJI fromally starts  supporting OTG for the Spark
2017-12-28
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

They need to make something like the polar mount. I have a single cystal sky 8" and I want to use on my  P4 and Spark.
I think the 8" is too large to be mounted with the DJI mount it would make holding the controller very awkward and uncomfortable.
2018-1-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

FoxSTI Posted at 2018-1-14 09:12
They need to make something like the polar mount. I have a single cystal sky 8" and I want to use on my  P4 and Spark.
I think the 8" is too large to be mounted with the DJI mount it would make holding the controller very awkward and uncomfortable.

Here you can see the mount that I am using: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D463%26typeid%3D463
2018-1-14
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. The challenger for me is that I have to change matting places not matter what I us to go from the P4 to the spark.  Anyways, thank you guys.
2018-1-14
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2018-1-14 09:12
They need to make something like the polar mount. I have a single cystal sky 8" and I want to use on my  P4 and Spark.

It's all a matter of preference and comfort.  I've tried few mounts for my Mavic/Spark  and seem to like the DJI mount the best.  Though I did not like the $80 price tag.
2018-1-14
Use props
fansa017bfa8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

Nice work., thanks for the how to. I took mine apart today, easy enough to put cable back in when DJI fully implements OTG.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules