Phantom 3 Wi-Fi signal problem, linking to remote
1393 6 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NoelC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31923 ft
United States

Having a problem, hoping someone can help. I've been flying my phantom three standard for a couple of months, started having a problem today.  I tried to connect to the drones Wi-Fi signal on my android phone, at first it showed the signal, but wouldn't connect. It would go from authenticating, to connecting, and back to authenticating… Over and over again. I turned the drone off and back on a few times, eventually the Wi-Fi signal would not show up at all on my android phone. I got another phone from somebody else, the signal would not show up on their phone either.
I tried linking the remote manually to the drone holding down the round knob on the bottom corner and repeatedly flipping the switch right above it, but I can't get them to connect.

Would greatly appreciate if anybody could offer some advice on fixing this issue, thank you.

2017-12-23
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

The wifi that connects to the phone comes from the remote, should show even with the drone off.  If it doesn't show the problem is in the remote.  
2017-12-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Is the small light under the drone red or green?
2017-12-23
Use props
NoelC
lvl.2
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-23 17:33
Is the small light under the drone red or green?

It's red, but I think because I tried manual link process.
2017-12-23
Use props
NoelC
lvl.2
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-12-23 17:21
The wifi that connects to the phone comes from the remote, should show even with the drone off.  If it doesn't show the problem is in the remote.

Is there a solution for this, Short of purchasing a new remote?
2017-12-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Relink the RC and AC.  Either in the app or manually.  If you don't hear the beeping,  then something is malfunctioning.
2017-12-24
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

NoelC Posted at 2017-12-24 06:16
Is there a solution for this, Short of purchasing a new remote?

If it's under warranty, start a case with DJI.  If not and you are adventuress open the controller and make sure all the cables are connected.  I read somewhere (a few months ago) about a chip that can work loose, fits in a socket, just push it back into place and then power up to see if it works then.  Used controllers can be found on Ebay for less than $100.  Good luck, hope you get it fixed.
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules