Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cropped image in analog display
1723 5 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried the new DJI RE Goggles today.  They are wonderful with the Mavic but not so good with racing FPV quads.  The aspect ratio of the image when used in Racing Drone Analog cuts off the top and bottom of the camera image...I assume the DJI goggles use 16:9 and the cameras on the latest racing quads use 4:3.  Instead of having black bars on the left and right portions of the image, the DJI Goggles actually crop the top and bottom of the image which does not work well when racing the FPV quads.  It would seem that this could be corrected with a software/firmware update on the goggles.

Any further info/comments?  I cannot believe that DJI let this slip between the cracks during design.
2017-12-23
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Looks like I just need to update to the latest firmware as per these release notes:

There is a new version of the firmware available for the RE edition.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+...e_Notes_EN.pdf

DJI Goggles RE Release Note
Date :
DJI Goggles RE : Air System :
DJI Assistant 2 :
What’s New?
2017.12.18 V 1.0.1.0 V 1.0.1.0 V 1.2.0
 Added support for downloading and viewing panoramas taken with the Mavic Pro (with Mavic Pro V1.4.2.0 or later).
 Solved the issue of cropped upper and lower screen edges when transmitting NTSC analog video.
 Optimized panorama viewing experience.
 Optimized video recording in Racing Drone (Digital) mode: Tap the touch panel with two fingers to record the screen displayed on DJI Goggles RE, or press the Function (Fn) button to record from the Air System.
 When connecting with DJI Assistant 2, DJI Goggles RE or the Air System will automatically update the country code (with DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.0 or later)
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Glenn, sorry for the inconvenience caused, may I know if the problem persists after firmware updating?
2017-12-25
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm, the problem is fixed with the latest firmware.
2017-12-26
Use props
fansbf394311
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17956 ft
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-12-24 10:03
Looks like I just need to update to the latest firmware as per these release notes:

There is a new version of the firmware available for the RE edition.

I can seem to find this update.  The link isn't working.  When I connect to DJI Assistant 2 it doesn't show any updates past V01.00.0006.
2017-12-30
Use props
ri0grand
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17956 ft
United States

fansbf394311 Posted at 2017-12-30 21:42
I can seem to find this update.  The link isn't working.  When I connect to DJI Assistant 2 it doesn't show any updates past V01.00.0006.

I meant I can't
seem to find this update.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules