lvl.2

United States

Is the Inspire 1 weather sealed?

2015-4-17
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

No, or dust proof. The camera is highly susceptible to water damage.
2015-4-17
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

Damn that kinda sucks. That kinda limits the creative ability to film near waterfalls or surfers.
2015-4-17
Use props
Scotflieger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
Italy

I've flown my I1 low of the sea without any problems. The idea of flying near surfers would break the UK 50m rule. I would avoid waterfalls with lots of spray/mist or in any conditions of precipitation.
2015-4-17
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

Scotflieger Posted at 2015-4-18 14:45
I've flown my I1 low of the sea without any problems. The idea of flying near surfers would break th ...

Good to know, thanks!

I am in the US and haven't read anything about certain distances to indivifual people but doesnt seem illegal. I would love to hit the cali cost and get some what close chasing shots of surfers and kiteboarders.

The waterfalls/mist part comes into play when going to natl parks like Zion in Utah that have amazing scenery and waterfalls, but hey I can still get amazing shots without getting her wet.
2015-4-17
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

If you've ever flown in a wet aerea, you will see that not the ability of the craft to fly in These conditions will be the Problem.
After a few seconds, there are that many Drops/dust on your lens that you'll anyway not get a usable Picture out of it....
2015-4-17
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

Heliflo Posted at 2015-4-18 15:16
If you've ever flown in a wet aerea, you will see that not the ability of the craft to fly in These  ...

Makes sense, I have shot in similar conditions through traditional methods and encountered those issues. My thinking is that it would be cool to follow surfers as they shred along the wave, get air, and come out of a tube. I will have to experiment with it once I get the Inspire.
2015-4-17
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Could always spray the electronics with water repellent spray.....Though would mean stripping it down.
Might strip mine down (After warranty) and try seal up the electronics making it weather proof.

2015-4-17
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

I can't see the photo, damn work computers, but that is def an option after the warranty. I would love to be able to weather seal it and feel like this should be something done from the factory.
2015-4-17
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

AirborneNinja Posted at 2015-4-18 15:51
I can't see the photo, damn work computers, but that is def an option after the warranty. I would lo ...

Pic is only a Clip Art storm cloud indicating weather
2015-4-18
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-4-18 15:39
Could always spray the electronics with water repellent spray.....Though would mean stripping it dow ...

Part of my pre flight check list.
I spit on the lens before every take off.

2015-4-18
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

AirborneNinja Posted at 2015-4-18 15:07
Good to know, thanks!

I am in the US and haven't read anything about certain distances to indivi ...

And you can't fly in National Parks anyway!
2015-4-18
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

Qatar

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-4-18 17:38
And you can't fly in National Parks anyway!

Really?! Not even if coordinated with them? I don't see why it would be any different then paying  to film there or photograph there.
2015-4-18
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

AirborneNinja Posted at 2015-4-18 20:11
Really?! Not even if coordinated with them? I don't see why it would be any different then paying  ...

Nope - You will not get permission (not with a UAV anyway).  Been that way for a while now.
2015-4-18
Use props
MORTH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1365256 ft
United States

AirborneNinja Posted at 2015-4-18 20:11
Really?! Not even if coordinated with them? I don't see why it would be any different then paying  ...

I believe the issue came from two instances in 2012 - pilots crashed a drone into Yellowstone Lake in Yellowstone National Park as well as another drone crash into a hot spring there and had to be fished out. After these two instances, a no-fly zone rule was implicated banning drones from ALL National Parks. This includes high-end commercial operations going through the proper channels for permits.

2015-4-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Could always spray the electronics with water repellent spray.....Though would mean stripping it dow ...

Yeah you could use dielectric grease on most of the aircraft too! wouldn't be pretty but it would work. Although there is the issue of grease and lubricants and dirt sticking to it.
2015-4-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

dundee Posted at 2015-4-18 16:15
Part of my pre flight check list.
I spit on the lens before every take off.

The inside or the outside? Do you swish it around with sea water too?
2015-4-18
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

How do you keep water out of the motors, then corroding the next day, (especially sea water)?

Bob
2015-4-18
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-19 03:32
How do you keep water out of the motors, then corroding the next day, (especially sea water)?

Bob ...

It was done to a phantom 2.  I only saw a handful of videos on YouTube however, so I can't really be sure how long it lasts.  
Here's one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h3pU0XKQZt4
2015-4-18
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

method007 Posted at 2015-4-19 04:26
It was done to a phantom 2.  I only saw a handful of videos on YouTube however, so I can't really b ...

So how was it the next day?
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules