What's with all these "Disconnected" screens?
3494 19 2017-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Latest iOS 11.2.1 and still this "Disconnected" aircraft screen problem remains.  Very hit or miss problem.  Two iPads (Air 2, and Pro 10.5" A10X) and occurring with both P4 Std. and Inspire 2 (Its firmware in the craft and RC is current as well.).  Unplug the USB cable and replug and it starts workng again.  Tried with RC with and without the HDMI Part 54 board too, and different cables, yet it seems the RC will occasionally "Disconnect" from the aircraft as if the USB line drops out of the connection.

This needs to be fixed!

Disconnected.

Disconnected.

Connected.

Connected.

P4 Version.

P4 Version.
2017-12-24
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I too am experiencing this.  Maybe someday DJI will fix it.
2017-12-24
Use props
Prättigau
New
Switzerland

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-12-24 09:04
I too am experiencing this.  Maybe someday DJI will fix it.

I hope the same: got my new Iphone 5 days ago with iOS 11.2.1 and i always have loss of video signal when flying... No Idea why it works sometimes and sometimes not... don't trust to fly with the iphone X and hope for a bugfix soon....
2017-12-24
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

This problem occurs on Android too... Actually we have unstable aircraft and buggy app. I'm afraid about next update of RC
2017-12-24
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Same issue with phantom 4 as well, happened on litchi for me as well as dji go....
2017-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My mate has a Mavic and Iphone 8, latest ios installed but only on Go 4.1.18 even though i told him to make sure hes on the latest, he said hed updated last week and I said they brought out .20 since. BUT having looked at your post above, you are on .20 so no difference eh?   Yes, reinserting the cable sometimes brings back the live feed, its as though the app is losing the USB permission, reinserting it acquires it again, Its weird how his live feed goes blank yet still says connected (like in the OP's image)

What made all this worse is, he wouldnt use my Note 3,  what has apple done to you people
He did say he will next time, see DJI, can you feel the faith in you right there lol

Then again, one must ask,  is it DJI that messed it up or is it ios 11, my answer is ios 11 cause it worked ok on his iphone 6 that wasnt updated ti 11 the previous time we went out  :/

Well MrPinaColada posted as i was typing, looks like 1 question is answered, its not the DJI Go, its the ios 11
2017-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

owiecPL Posted at 2017-12-24 16:02
This problem occurs on Android too... Actually we have unstable aircraft and buggy app. I'm afraid about next update of RC

I thought that was just my new to me Shield K1, i didnt/dont have any issues on my Note 3, ok had the phone crash and reboot, but it does that any way lol

Sorry op, side tracked a little, normal services can resume, Merry Xmas
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? From the second screenshot, all parameters are normal but no live video, does this appear every time? If yes, I'd suggest to send it in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-26 01:37
Hi there, just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? From the second screenshot, all parameters are normal but no live video, does this appear every time? If yes, I'd suggest to send it in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support

Never crashed ever or hard landings.  Fwiw, this happens on two devices, the P4 as well as the P4 Std. and both use separate iPads (P4 is on Air 2, and I2 is on iPad Pro 10.5" A10X).  All firmware and iOS is current on both.  Yes, it is random.

I suspect iOS is dropping the USB but don't know for sure.  If it is, DJI should  ask Apple about "Why it is disconnecting from the USB port?"  It could be something to do with the charging from USB to iPad and drops the data line, or Apple playing with the charging/USB port and its active timing.

Since this is occurring to others above, I doubt if it is my device.  As mentioned by others, unplugging and replugging the Lightning connector often cures the matter so the screen data becomes correct and the video feed resumes, so it seems software related.

Sometimes I've also noticed it occurs when closing and restarting the GO app as when moving from GO 4 and setting the camera up, and then into Autopilot where Autopilot will show a Disconnect as well.  Or just going back into GO 4.  Something in the intital startup of GO, and sometimes closing of GO 4 too, is not connecting right if the port has changed to perhaps charging.  Dunno.

2017-12-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-26 06:41
Never crashed ever or hard landings.  Fwiw, this happens on two devices, the P4 as well as the P4 Std. and both use separate iPads (P4 is on Air 2, and I2 is on iPad Pro 10.5" A10X).  All firmware and iOS is current on both.  Yes, it is random.

I suspect iOS is dropping the USB but don't know for sure.  If it is, DJI should  ask Apple about "Why it is disconnecting from the USB port?"  It could be something to do with the charging from USB to iPad and drops the data line, or Apple playing with the charging/USB port and its active timing.

Perhaps a stupid Q, but wondering if it could be some power saving feature that might can be turned off somewhere in the device settings?
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Never crashed ever or hard landings.  Fwiw, this happens on two devices, the P4 as well as the P4 Std. and both use separate iPads (P4 is on Air 2, and I2 is on iPad Pro 10.5" A10X).  All firmware and iOS is current on both.  Yes, it is random.

Thanks for getting back to us. I've forwarded to our engineers for further review. We will come back if there is any update.
2017-12-27
Use props
fans3ce51e94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42277 ft
United States

Same here, blue, black, blue and black screens all the time with intervals. Gave up flying to avoid any problems or crash.
2017-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I managed to cure my mates disconnection issue with his Iphone 8 and mavic, now using the main USB port on the controller to the Iphone and not one disconnect since!!
Sadly that does not help with inspire or phantoms
2017-12-29
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

There are some different cases.
1. You can never connect your remote controller with your ios device, change an iOS device will be OK. This is a bug of iOS 11, iOS 11.2.2 fix it. If you still have this problem in iOS 11.2.2 please tell me. I will report this problem to Apple and you can try to reset your ios device after backup your data.
2. Turn your DJI GO background such as press home button, switch to another app, get a phone call, etc, the remote controller will be disconnected. Replug the cable it will connect remote controller again. This is a bug for iOS 11 too, Apple's development have found the reason. It may be fixed in a future version.
3. Connected with a P4 remote controller with an HDMI module or Inspire1 remote controller, open DJI GO. You may not get the parameters of the aircraft and can not set any parameters. Replug the cable will be OK. This problem caused by DJI GO can not write the data to the remote controller. I think it may be a bug of iOS too.
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I discovered that there are less disconnections (if any) if the RC is powered up after the DJI Go 4 application is started. I found that if the App' is started after the RC powered up then when returning to DJI Go 4 screen after looking at other App's then DJI Go 4 would not reconnect to RC.

Edit:- I'm using an iPad pro 9.7 with iOS 11.2.1, and all latest DJI firmware/software.

2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, 14# is the reply from our engineers, just for your reference.
2018-1-4
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

My disconnect problems started with updates, both Apple and DJI. What cured it for me was changing my Ipad to the 5.1 from the 2.4 frequency from my wireless home network. Once I did that I seem to have no interference problems. Don't know why it would make a difference away from my home but it did.
2018-1-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-4 03:04
Hi there, 14# is the reply from our engineers, just for your reference.

Thanks Susan. I agree with #14 on items 2 and 3 with it being an iOS problem with the USB port breaking the GO connection leading to the disconnects.

Hopefully Apple will fix it soon as it is happening with the CarPlay app people too where iOS device disconnects from their car stereo via the USB cable as well.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-4 08:09
Thanks Susan. I agree with #14 on items 2 and 3 with it being an iOS problem with the USB port breaking the GO connection leading to the disconnects.

Hopefully Apple will fix it soon as it is happening with the CarPlay app people too where iOS device disconnects from their car stereo via the USB cable as well.

Thanks for your understanding. We will keep follow up and hopefully this can be fixed soon.
2018-1-4
Use props
fans9d87b4a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 999262 ft
  • >>>
New Caledonia

Got the same issue here, latest version of firmware on my P3pro, latest DJI GO, latest IOS 11.2.6 on IPAD Mini 4, and as soon as I close and reopen DJI GO, it becomes disconnected.
Can reconnect it by uplugging/re-plugging the usb cable on remote, but not that convenient....

Any one has found a solution to that ?

TX
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules