874 0 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Hi all,
I tried a search, but couldn´t find a thread for suggestions how to improve the already amazing Inspire 1 (firmware). Maybe our thoughts are interesting for DJI.

Let me start with these:
1. Travel mode. It would be nice to get in/out travel mode by the push of the battery button (3 times, 4 times,... whatever). Considering that it is not wise to attach/detach the gimbal with the inspire 1 being powered, it is rather cumbersome to power on - power off - attach/detach gimbal - power off again.

2. Sharpness of the camera. A sharpness setting of -1 is too soft, while 0 is too sharp - there is a huuuuge difference between these two steps that would be enough to make 5 steps out of it. So if we could have a few more steps between these two, it would give the videos a little more filmlook compared to the oversharpened digicamlook of the 0-setting.

3. Auto Takeoff/Landing (Android): I hardly use this function, but I tried it and it seems it saves the data when you last used it. Say you used it for Auto-Takeoff and didn´t use it for Auto-Landing, the button in the app wants to Auto-Land at the next start. So you have to press the button to land first (even though you are on the ground and the motors don´t even run), and then you are able to use Auto-Takeoff.

4. Not a big deal, but still not correct: Last time when my android app was running and I changed to Travel-Mode using the landing gear lever on the remote, the nice female voice said "Landing gear raising" which was not particularely right ;)

5. Manual mode for exposure (iOS): Usually when I´d use a slider in an app, it would keep the settings. However, if I change to manual mode in the camera settings and close the window again, my settings are lost and it seems back to auto-exposure. I know there is an AE Lock button. But I don´t only want to lock AE, I want to have as precise control over the camera settings as possible.

6. Maybe it´s just me, but I like to have a clear idea in which direction the Inspire is facing when I look at it. Flying FPV only (with camera recording) is forbidden in my country unless you have a special license that you wouldn´t be able to get with a quad, so I have to have eye contact with the inspire.
I used pink neon-colored adhesive films on the front booms and a green colored film that is visible when the nose is pointing away from me, because in bright daylight the LEDs are not visible from a certain distance, while the neon-colored film still is. It doesn´t make the inspire particularely beautiful, but if these things were added in the intial design, it could look much better.

7. Sun shield for the camera to prevent the shade of the blades causing flickering in the video on some occasions.

8. A solution for easily using a polarizer filter for the camera.

That´s it for now - please forgive me if some of these suggestions have been made already, or if there is a suggestions thread burried somewhere, I just couldn´t find it.

2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules